NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,243,564 views
    2. thumb_up 12,009 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

mrhouse
Boston, MA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hello all, I am a young trader (24) and have been trading since 2017. Before now I was only trading equities/equity options but the only real success I had was in crypto. This last year I have realized futures markets are more capital efficient for speculating. I am on a personal challenge to make life-changing money, as everyone would love. I rely on systematic trading for micro futures and focus specifically on MCL MES MNQ MYM.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Dagobert
Graz, Austria

Thanks Given: 3

Hello everyone.
I from Austria and started trading in mid 2020, Stocks only. Switched to futures in 2022; was "profitable", but traded only on SIM mode.
Will start live trading now and hope this forum will help me becoming a good trader.

-dagobert

Thanked by:
DCSaba
Vienna, Austria

Thanks Given: 34

Hey Mike, Hello Everyone

I like this Forum. I'm looking for information on Professional Trader Funding Companies, as I've been burned by one.

I've been Futures Trading for almost 7 years. I've been using Sierra Charts heavily.

Before I tried Tradingview for a year as well as Stocks Trading.

In Investing I have 3 decades of experience, but that is highly irrelevant to trading, just as my being an Economist

All the Best to Everyone.

Csaba (Jabba The Hutt )

Thanked by:
Louis Winthorpe
Bedminster, NJ

Thanks Received: 24

Hello traders,

First post here, looking for a bit of a community as trading from home is isolating at times.

I traded SOES years ago during the late 90's tech bubble, made and lost a small fortune and got out of the business. After wandering the earth for almost 20 years, a few years ago I decided to get back into trading. I now trade Emini futures using a modified PATs type strategy, with the goal of steadily increasing profitability and trade size.

Looking forward to starting a journal and seeing what others are doing.

Good Trading,

Lou

Thanked by:
richardrgayton
Fullerton California

Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 16

Hi Everyone

4 years into this passion of trading futures after 30 years as a psychologist and filmmaker. Once commissions and costs of data, education etc are added, I am still breaking even.

Never lost big $ or blew my account because I am a very cautious trader and only enter trades when I have backtested set ups and feel certain of some precision in entering a trade. When I hit losing streaks I return to sim trading until I get my mojo back emotionally or to try out a new set up.

My primary challenge still is to get comfortable and consistent in the market during trades with setups I have tested and not let the wins and losses carry me away with emotional reactions or go running off after a "possible" trade that is frequently low probability.

I have hung out with Brooks, some of Rashke's work, Quant Trade Edge and others. I have gained some wisdom and learned there is no magic set up, no easy way to make money and that staying calm and reasoning in the stressful environment of the market using what I do know is most effective. Easier said than done.

Always open to meeting new traders, trading new backtested set ups and hearing wisdom from other traders. I like trading NQ, ES, CL the most. Now exploring more non correlated markets like NG, GC, Aust Dollar that are liquid with lots of range.

Thanked by:
grasshopperguru79
Austin, Texas USA

Thanks Received: 5

Hello. New to future.io . Been trading for a while, bit not profitable. While I have lost a ton.... and I mean a TON.... I've controlled the bleeding and just a trickle. Hoping g to learn more and become the profitable trader we all want to be. Thanks in advance for any help yall offer or provide.

Thanked by:
richardrgayton
Fullerton California

Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 16

I have found that if I earn my account size on sim using a new set up it is time to go live, but I have never been able to be as successful live with a setup as I was on sim. We know under the stress of using real $ the mind has to be extraordinarily disciplined not to engage in wishful thinking and literally seeing trades that are not there.

rico003
ratisbona, germany

Thanks Given: 1

Glad to join in this group!

Thanked by:
PureProfitMotive
Spokane, WA

'Sup, fam?

Signed up after discovering Futures.io on Google and reading the entirety of a 20+pg thread discussing/debating Order Flow trading. Instantly hooked.

About me:

Started my trading experience circa 2016-2017 in crypto. Was reasonably successful for a newbie until 2019 when I decided to take a break and focus on sales + digital marketing.
Jumped into futures summer 2021. I entered into futures with an extremely arrogant mindset (based on my respectable win-rate trading cyptos); basically discarded everything I had learned about trading psychology, risk-management, etc.., made approx. $2k my first day trading NQ, and then proceeded to blow a $6000 account in less than 1.5mos. Months later, blew a $1200 account. Then a $600 account trading micros.

Jumped back into NQ mid Dec last year after having some consistent success paper-trading micros. Let's just say Dec to early Jan aren't good months for me, so I've cut my losses and am back to paper trading. Just trying to find/define my edge.

Platform/Setup

Running Tradovate. Use 1hr, 15min & 5min charts for intra-day analysis and a 22range chart to execute entries. Charts are semi-naked; minimal indicators except VWAP bands on the 22range; utilize cum delta and volume profiles. Learning to read Bookmap for better entries.

Anyway, excited to start lurking. I'm sure I'll become more involved as the months pass (and buy the lifetime membership), but for now, I'm just hear to shut up and learn.

Cheers!

Thanked by:
Shestan
New York City, NY

Hey everyone, new to this forum, but saw a lot of high-level discussion taking place, so I decided to join.

I'm interested in trading, particularly in futures and stocks. I have paper traded here and there, but I'm finally looking to place some trades with real benjamins this year.

Hope to take part in good discussion and learn from experienced profitable traders here.

All the best.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts