NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,238,680 views
    2. thumb_up 12,004 thanks given
    3. group 6,318 followers
    1. forum 10,644 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

chetan25
Mumbai India

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hi,
Looking for learning more about options trading.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
12 thanks
bloubessie
Orlando, FL

Hi, I have dabbled for several years but decided to get serious about trading in 2022. Only traded on paper so far and very interested in futures.

In order to trade futures, I moved over to NinjaTrader and it is still a somewhat steep learning curve. I am still wondering if TradingView would not be a better choice but time will tell.

Right now I will spend time in NinjaTrader and put in the hours.

I hope to learn a lot and contribute where I can.

Thanked by:
Michele72
Rome, Italy

Hi everyone, my name is Michele and I'm studying systematic trading using Multicharts. So far I didn't still realized if trading is for me, I already lost a little of money and I would like to avoid to loose more. If someone wants to give me some advice is more then welcome. Thanks .

Michele

Thanked by:
elluca
Madrid Spain

Hi to everyone,

Here I am, I'm really new with futures but I've been looking charts for several years.
After several bad experiences few weeks ago I've started using a funded account and I discovered this forum because I was looking for a NT8's script.

I agree that this is a really interesting site to sharing lots of things.

Well, let me see and I hope to contribute a lot in the future.

And of course, sorry for my english! My mains languages are Italian and Spanish.

Thanks, Luca

Thanked by:
ma1ek
Rome, Italy

Hello everyone, my name is Paolo.

I started as a discretionary trader in August 2019. Last year I decided to move to mechanical trading.

Glad to have found the forum and see you guys around! 😁

Darcey
Newcastle NSW Australia

Thanks Given: 1

Hi All, I am looking at getting back into Trading after quite a few years. I studied a WD Gann style Swing Trading about 25 yrs ago, and tried like hell to turn a very small trading account into a large one, trading Warrants on the ASX. I used hand drawn Charts on the Major Aus Banks, and tried to.... welll to cut a long story short it didn't work, I stuffed up and had to give it away.

I am now 58yrs old, have a decent account and looking at all the shiny bright Charting Software packages around, with in built Strategies. My reckoning... if I can find one that works, and I can take a few hundred a day out of the Forex Market to build a decent account I may be able to retire in a few yrs.

Anyway I guess a I am here to try and learn from your collective experience and maybe if you are so kind... your guidance.

First thing is to evaluate if I can do on NinjaTrader what SmartCharts does (before I shell out a small fortune)

Regards

Darcey

Hammerheart
Rome, Italy

Hello traders,

I have been a couple years into the game, I started about the time bitcoin was exploding and the gamestop bubble. I was absolute beginner, I lacked any education whatsoever in financial market, and its been one hell of a journey. I had literally no idea what I was doing, and as a natural consequence this lead to a blown account.

I never gave up and kept trading on practice accounts. Gained experience and knowledge. Read several books, my favorites being One Good Trade by Mike Bellafiore and Daily Trading Coach by Steenbarger.

I mostly trade ES and NQ futures and I'm a discretionary oriented trader. I don't understand mechanical trading systems. I'll leave those to machines.

I like to qualify my trading as almost profitable. Theres still some glitches, more psychological than technical (I have lot of stress going on that spills into trading), preventing me from reaching my goals, but I feel like almost there.

As a discretionary daytrader (most difficult job ever...), I would look for context first, higher timeframes, market narrative, news, fx and bonds. Then I would turn to lower timeframes and the orderflow to validate my entry and exit.

Platforms I use: NT, Bookmap. Datafeed is Rithmic. I also like a lot Spotgamma for analysis of options positioning.

Just looking for a place where to share ideas and maybe even contribute.

Thanked by:
 owandre 
Los Angeles, California

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Various
Trading: Futures, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 1

Hello everyone,
I have been trading for a few years and started looking into futures where I came across futures.io. I started reading parts here and there when I started noticing that most of the questions I have are answered here. I thank you for the opportunity to learn from you all and hopefully one day impart that knowledge to someone else.

Thank you,
Otis

Thanked by:
mendhaz
london UK

Hello all, I've started reading and learning a couple of years ago. I'm a coder and I love to gamify my testing.
My market by now is forex and I'm still learning about good different strategies.

Thanked by:
gdwitt
bethesda, md

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 10

Hello Mendhaz. I'm a progammer as well. I've been trying to work with automated systems the past 3 years after everything normal has been going down.

I work with another forum/website that discusses automated strategies with a special focus on Collective2. It is invitation only to keep it manager free.
I've also had a dismal experience with Striker Securities.
I wanted to share on the forums here but it appears all the good threads are restricted to "elite" members.
This seems like a way to kill a good discussion on a niche topic:exclude those who know about it first hand.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts