NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,964 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 45 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 46.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,208,118 views
    2. thumb_up 11,974 thanks given
    3. group 6,309 followers
    1. forum 10,635 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

fluxsmith 
Santa Maria

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, ThinkOrSwim
Broker: Mirus/Zen-Fire
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 97
Thanks Received: 322

Good day everyone. I've been lurking here for about a month, figured it's time to come out of the woodwork ;-). I'm a heavy option trader (I currently have a total of 702 open contracts, longs and shorts). I've had moderate success, meaning I consistently beat the SPX, but I haven't made near enough to retire. So I'm a full-time software developer instead of a full-time trader.
I'm trying to learn a way to successfully trade the ES which I can reduce to code and let run on its own. A lot of ideas I've tried back-test nicely but seem to fail in real life.
In my efforts I've also implemented a few indicators (ninjatrader), and re-implemented even such basic ones as moving averages. My reason for re-implementing basics is for memory and run-time performance. For example, based on documentation I assume (but haven't verified) that the memory overhead for the standard 'Sum' is at least 256 * 8 (2 kilobytes) plus whatever internal bookkeeping an IDataSeries has. The memory overhead for my version of 'Sum', when used as a component of a more complex indicator and not displayed, is Periods * 8 + 16 bytes. My indicators also avoid iteration as much as possible, making them reasonbly efficient for intrabar updates.
I hope to start a thread for posting my work, and that maybe some of the good user interface programmers here that do the pretty colors and such (which I'm lousy at) will find them to be useful and efficient components.
I also hope to learn how to trade well enough to do it full-time.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
Deena
Northampton

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hi all
I have been trading since 1998 but took a break between 2007 - 08 to move house and have a baby. Its nice to be back.
In my 12 years of trading i think i can sat i have demos/trialled and bought every book / lesson and formula and strangely the one thing that makes me money virtually daily is the old Camarilla equation.
The two platforms i have settled with for the last 5 years is IG and Financial Spreads - the spreads are very good.
I get my open close high low from yahoo ginance and use the close price at 4.30 for the ftse
I trade on FTSE rolling daily and Wall Street Rolling Daily - I am not greedy as i have found many times this doesnt work. I am to take 10 - 1 5 points daily on FTSE and approx 20 points on the wall. This comfortably nets me £300 - £400 a day which is not a lot to some but is enough for us asnd very do - able.
I suppose i really just wanted to introduce myself and would really love to hear what anyone else has to say. Would love to talk to anyone else using the Camarilla - on these platforms on ftse and wall
On addition would loove to hear any other system that seems to work
DFoing just fine after a lot of trial and error but i know there is always room for improvement
Thanks for reading
Deena

Thanked by:
roodog
QLD Australia

Thanks Received: 0

Hi Guys,

Just joined this communty. A big thanks to Mike for the efforts you have put into creating this site. At first appearances it looks great.

I have traded for quite a few years already with mixed success (damn fear and greed getting in the way!)

I have been a discretionary trader (with trading strategies of course) but am looking at automated strategies now. I found this site whilst searching for info on Ninja Trader.

I am currently using Traders Studio (a bit like Trade Station I think). Anyone else with any experience of it??

All the best to you all with your trading and I look forward to loads of great discussions with many of you.

Regards,

Roo Dog

trademaster112 
Germany

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: EUR/USD

Hi,
I'm a newbie trader from Germany and use NT for my daytrading.
I found this forum. It is very interesting.

Thanks.

goldwinner 
KL

Experience: Beginner
Platform: MT4

I'm a beginner in trading, i found this forum from FF.

This forum looks very interesting place to learn trading.

I'm exploring NT, still looking for system to trade efficiently.

Thanks.

Johnkitty 
N/A

I'm new here too. Nice too meet you all.

kkfx 
Mumbai, India

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MT4, NT8,TradingView
Broker: AMP
Trading: Index,currencies
Thanks Given: 325
Thanks Received: 160

Hi all
I started trading in 2005 and did not make any money for 2 years. Still I kept learning new techniques and now I am moderately successful with good consistency. My platforms are metatrader for Indian markets and forex. Recetly introduced to Ninjatrader and find it a nice platform.
I trade CNX Nifty futures and options, stock options and forex.
I use woodies CCI system for day trading the index and stocks along with pivot points and double bollinger bands.
Ninjatrader has got a nice woodies CCI panel and range bars which make a very good setup for day trading.
Hope to learn more from the experts on this forum.

davidk716 
coral Sp

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja

What a wealth of great info..We all appreciate BM efforts..

David

christof21
Manchester, UK

Good afternoon everybody. Just signed up here after stumbling across the forum via a google search for NinjaTrader Indicators.

Looks like a good place to be, so thought I'd sign up. Currently an FX day trader. Been testing out a few different charting platforms recently, including NinjaTrader 7, MCFX Pro, MT4 and Tradestation. Looking at finding the platform that will provide me with the tools and functions I require.

Been a long time user of MT4, since I opended my trading account some 2 years ago actually...quickly found out that it didn't dowhat I needed it to. So far in terms of charting and functions I have to say TradeStation is the best I have come across, only two negatives so far...the cost of using it for charting and the order entry and management system...it stinks!

Ninja is my next preference, but it doesn't offer multi timeframe indicators, or tabbed workspaces. Plus it feels a bit more clunky than TS...but I'll prob end up using it till TS becomes a financial option.

sam028 
Site Moderator

Thanks Given: 3,825
Thanks Received: 4,629

christof21 View Post
Ninja is my next preference, but it doesn't offer multi timeframe indicators, or tabbed workspaces. ...

Are you sure ? Or maybe we don't have the same definition of what's a multi timeframe indicator...

Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Last Updated on March 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts