NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,964 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 45 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 46.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,208,177 views
    2. thumb_up 11,974 thanks given
    3. group 6,309 followers
    1. forum 10,635 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

ES42
Mill Valley, California

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hi Mike...I just recently discovered your forum looking for information on Murrey math.
There is a very useful post in here. I trade the ES and want to also trade the Russell.
I use a combination of Market Profile, Murrey Math and trend lines in my trading method.
It's been a struggle in learning to trade this challenging market...but I am getting there.

I look forward to learning new things here.

Regards,

ES42

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
 geld 
berlin, germany

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Tradestation
Trading: stocks
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 3

hi mike,
it's great to have your generosity to set up the blog and take lead to contribute in different aspects. the blog is a gold mine and i am still digging into al's book after your positive recommendation. i am a newbie and have been looking into possibilities to build an automatic system that can prevent me from being too much affected by my emotions. Your NT-related postings helped me to lock focus on the commercial product which is fully programmable. (too bad it's not 64-bit compliant) However, the application is useless until there's good data source. With only a small capital to play with, i find it hard, if not impossible, to find a reliable FREE minute-by-minute historical data source to make any backtesting feasible.

Having lost a significant portion of my asset by shorting financials, i have stopped trading for over 1 year now. it's a sort of punishment to myself and i want to change my trading behaviors from relying only on intuitions to embrace more technicals...

mpalangio 
Mississauga, ON

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2

hi everyone!

My name is Mark Palangio, I live just outside of Toronto Canada in Mississauga, ON. I ironically found bigmiketrading.com from a Google search looking for the best times during the day to trade E-minis, as I am trying to write a NinjaTrader strategy. I didn’t even know that Big Mike and the form is so NinjaTrader Savvy. For me this is great.

I am a partner in a small IT business and can program with some skill, however I won’t call myself an export in C# and NinjaTrader development as my programming skills are born from College in the early ’80s.

That aside, I have been trading now for about 5 years and have lost more money than I have made, however, I keep trying to “sharpen my ax” and hopeful someday I’ll be able to make a living day trading. I read a lot of trading books and currently reading Al Brooks’ book and one by Van Thorp.

Since last year I have been interested in E-mini trading and purchased NinjaTrader and a couple of system that I won’t mention. After again losing more money I shelved it (not blaming the system, but it was in my opinion very complicated with many indicators), but recently have become interested again trying trade E-minis and develop an automatic or semiautomatic system.

Finally, I’ve only spent about 15 minutes here on the bigmiketrading.com forum, but I like to thank you Big Mike for the open and positive approach.

shahab 
Woking, Surrey

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES

Great forum, lots of useful info. I've bought the highs and sold the lows day trading the ES using indicators and on whims. When am I going to learn!?!

Murph 
Fort Lee, NJ

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation, eSignal
Broker: TradeStation
Trading: ES, currency cash and futures, oil, gold
Thanks Received: 1

Hi Mike and fellow forum members,
I’m a recent forum member. I trade futures, forex and options. I’m finding this site fantastic and am awed by the many brilliant contributions by many members here. Although I do not have formal training in programming, I hope to contribute in the future. Thanks for starting futures.io (formerly BMT), Mike.
Murph

imranyusof
Singapore

Thanks Given: 0

Hi all.

Am a bank trader in Singapore looking to make it on my own. Big fan of harmonics and gartleys.

Cheers!

kaltrax 
TOLEDO,SPAIN

Platform: NinjaTrader,TOS,MT4
Trading: ES,TF,6E,NQ,DX,CL
Thanks Given: 681
Thanks Received: 30

Hello from Spain

I'm a MAX student and starting to discover this fantastic forum, i want thanks to Jtrade for recomend this site.

Because i'm not fluent , i try to study and see slowly but i'm impresioned so farˇˇ

Thanks for let me share and i hope contribute whith my experiences and results.

Good Trading.

sharmas 
Auckland

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL and ES
Thanks Given: 3,822
Thanks Received: 750

Hello from New Zealand

I'm starting to learn how to trading and would like to get advice and assistance. I have few indicators that i used to use with Ninja 6.5 but made the mistake of migrating to NT7 and those indicators dont work with NT7.

I love this forum and people are so friendly.

I might request few indicators to be converted, so would like to say sorry in advane and thanks now.

Thanking you all for welcoming me here with open arms and looking forward to one day where i can say that i have learnt to program indicators and i learnt it from Big Mike Forum.

Regards

sharmas

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,538

Welcome to all new members

I look forward to seeing you actively engaging in the forum, it's the best way to improve your knowledge and become a better trader.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 sharmas 
Auckland

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL and ES
Thanks Given: 3,822
Thanks Received: 750

Thank you Mike

sharmas

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on March 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts