NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,964 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 45 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 46.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,208,177 views
    2. thumb_up 11,974 thanks given
    3. group 6,309 followers
    1. forum 10,635 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

roshareid 
Melbourne, Australia

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multiple
Trading: Index Futures, Forex
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 3

Thanks Mike.

Love the forum. Want to contribute in a meaningful way. This will be some time away.

I'm a newbie to NT. Love its interface and ease of use.
Trying to get a handle on the Automated Trading programming at the moment.

Just feeling my way and taking baby steps. Have done the NT webinars and want to learn more.

I know what I want to do with very basic stategies BUT not able to program them as yet so... I observe, learn, test, mess up and then repeat. It's a slow way and I am learning.

Once I see how the programming works on basic strategies, I think that the bigger ideas will fall into place. Hope to have an "oh yeah!" moment soon.

My current project is to create a strategy that uses MACD, when the fast moves above the slow go LONG with a target and when the fast moves below the slow go SHORT for a target.

I know this is probably extremely simple to program but consider a 1st year student trying to do 4th year maths problem. That's me...

Any recommendations on books or tutorials would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rosha

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

jgreene 
Palm City, Fl

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 5

Thanks for the forum Mike! New to trading and use NT. Learning alot just being here.

Cimino
Los Angeles, Ca

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 0

Hello Traders,
Cimino Here, I am a relatively new trader, 7 months of trying with little to show for it except the experience. This is an attempt at a career change. I am looking forward to picking up some good tips as well as share what I have learned with you. Give me time to fiqure out the forum and I will be glad help where I can.
Blessings to you.

Cimino

mtfalk64 
garden city, mi

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja, MC, TC
Broker: zen-fire
Trading: ES TF CL 6E
Thanks Given: 1

THANKS ALL for helping, sharing, and showing newbies a trail that can lead to the road of success.

Thanks again.

Mike

mamor57
St Paul, Mn

Thanks Given: 1

Thank you Sir, looking forward to getting involved

Tradert 
Queensland

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7
Thanks Given: 12

Hello there

I found this forum recently and have being impressed so far. I day trade futures, mainly the ES. I like to keep things simple and focus on homework prior to the RTH and trade the order flow.

Thanks to those who have shared their work/knowledge and the people behind running the forums.

Cheers

lee123 
UK

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: IB
Trading: EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 10

Hi Mike,
I dont know alot and never seem able to pull the trigger when i am right. I have your "Channel this" which looks very clever but am trying to figure out its best use. Hoping to learn here. Many thanks
Lee

koxglide 
Santiago

Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB & Ninja trader
Broker: IB
Trading: forex, futures
Thanks Given: 2

Good to know about this great forum...

lorneph
bangkok

Thanks Given: 0

Hello to everyone,and thankyou Mike for an excellant forum.My name is lorne and i am an aussie living in Bangkok.I in the past have lost everything and have been working hard to put the funds together to start again.
I have been reading forums on traders lab,sierra,trading blox and everything i can find for months now.
I will be using to begin with interactive brokers, sierra chart and possibly trading blox to test my setup which i have been forming in my mind for some time.
My idea is to get my setup coded for sierra and then sim trade for as long as it takes me to gain confidence in my method.

For me hourly and daily charts will be enough,but i wish to use volume analysis as a confirming or denying factor to take positions with my setup.Problem is i know absolutely nothing about these studies so am busily reading as much as i can.Any reccomendations for books would be appreciated.
Again thankyou for allowing me to take part in this forum.

hxtrader
Yorkshire

Thanks Given: 0

Hi folks,

just joined about 10 minutes ago so wanted to say hi. Heres a bit about me.

I've been playing about with FX on and off for a couple of years in demo accounts. Then last year I hit the big 40 and realised that having been self employed for years I needed to do something about a pension plan (which i havent contributed to for 15 years or so). So I finally went 'live' with a mere $350 last November.

At present I'm about 30% down on my starting point and to be honest although it's a hefty chunk of the original this is my learning capital. When i was playing about with demo accounts I did quite well (about 80% up over a year) but realised that the emotional attachment to monopoly money isnt the same and immediately i started trading live my trading behaviour changed, but im now getting to grips with it, especially money management, though i still find myself chasing pips sometimes when I have reached my daily target.

To be brutally honest, I'm delighted that after nearly 6 months I havent blown my account which I view as a (maybe small) achievement. Maybe the real lesson would have been to blow it all in a matter of weeks and take the kicking that many seem to suffer at the very start of the learning curve (though between 18-23 I worked for an investment division of a large uk bank so that gave me good grounding in equity markets).

My Aims
well it's quite simple really. I dont expect to make a million in my first year, i dont expect to make a million in 10 years time. As I mentioned what I am looking for is to increase my account by 5% per month every month (averaged out of course) but i will gladly bank any additional.

If I could regularly achieve 12% per month I would be ecstatic. Like I said I'm looking 15 years into the future and to build up a retiremnet fund. Once I am achieving 5% or more every month I will be chucking several thousand into my account so the serious growth can begin.

right i reckon I have bored you all enough........ i look forward to learning and banking pips.

Last Updated on March 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts