NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,964 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 45 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 46.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,208,177 views
    2. thumb_up 11,974 thanks given
    3. group 6,309 followers
    1. forum 10,635 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

betaride 
San Jose, CA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: index futures
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 1

Hello forum,

It seems to be a nice community around here ...

I am a stock investor convert, trading e-minis for my own account. Started more then a decade ago, making a small fortune during the dot com boom and then losing most of it by staying invested while pursuing other interests and not monitoring my portfolio. I later re-joined the investor ranks again, made some of it back, used it up for living, and now getting involved in the futures arena to continue my journey (hopefully with a sharper focus this time)...

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 Bozer 
Texas

Experience: Beginner
Broker: looking for a good one
Trading: GBP/USD, EUR/JPY
Thanks Given: 58
Thanks Received: 1

Hi. My name is Bozer, and I am an indicator junkie. I was referred to this forum by a successful trader that I've joined with (I bought his indicators) and hope this forum will help me cure my disease and that I can someday be a profitable full-time trader. :sos: I've got quite a rap sheet (list of indicators). Some I don't even remember how to use or why I got them. I sometimes told myself that, "Dude, there's no holy grail!!" But, sadly, another new indicator or system would catch my eye. I did spend some time and money on money management and psychology books, but they seemed to migrate to the bottom of my stack of books. Sadly I spent more time trying to tweak my indicators, comparing indicators, trying to combine them in crazy ways that would work out like those crazy cooking shows where the chef has to make a pleasing meal with mismatched ingredients. Anyway, sorry for the boring intro. It was good for me.
Regards,
Bozer

Thanked by:
 kvvinn 
toronto, ontario

Platform: ninja
Broker: zen-fire
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 50
Thanks Received: 37

Mike, I've been studying futures for many yars now and have emptied my account almost as many times as Tiger has fibbed to the missus. After taking an expensive -$5000- and rather notorious daytrading course back in 2003 that shall go nameless (let's just say it focussed on divergences) I have spent time almost every single day trying to tweak that system to make it profitable in the long run. but without much success.You can say I was not very open to looking at other systems or indicators, although I did try to factor in various MAs, Fib. retracements and extensions and multiple time-frame S/R. Let's just say thank goodness for simulation.trading.

Lately I've been focussed on the 6E and NQ using both tick and range candles. Hardest days for me are the extended trend types where my divergent signals fail and I know I'd be far more successful simply going with the trade on days like that. Been looking at new ideas to explore such as Supertrend, Double MA, Squeezes although confess have only just discovered these things last few days and have not had time to download and test.

Also, I'm a tech dinosaur and script writing terminology is moontalk to me at this stage. But I can see you and your forum have much to offer any trader.beginner or advanced. many thanks for your efforts. If I'm able to contribute back even in a small way I'll try to do so.

rek769
Colorado

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Greetings: I am a fairly new trader and have been trading since April of 2009. My fist year has had more downs than ups. However, back in November of 2009 I was introduced to the Harmonic Trading system and have started to read Scott Carney's book on the subject. In the meantime I did begin to use the principals of harmonic trading and had a stellar December. However, the following month was quite different. I am here in hopes that I can gain insight from others observations of my trading. Hopefully I will be able to return the favor of such insight at some point. Looking forward to 'meeting' everyone.
Rob

bigtrader 
Houston, Texas

Platform: Ninjatrader, IB
Broker: Amp Futures/ Zen Fire
Trading: ES and NQ
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 12

Hey Mike and all, glad to join the forum. Looking forward to all traders ideas, questions, and answers. I have been in trading futures (ES, NQ, YM , and oil) for about 6 to 8 months now. I'm looking forward to see others trading ideas and views. My first start in trading futures was indeed the Emini ES but I have lately branched out. I would like to here others views on the best futures broker out there. My broker is IB, but I have been getting involved with Global futures and I'm about to sign up with them. Not sure, cause I here Amp futures may be better. Other than that, its great to join this platform.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,175
Thanks Received: 101,541

Hello everyone

I look forward to your posts and interaction on the forum.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 jabeztrading 
Brooklyn, NY

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader, Metatrader
Trading: EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 13

Hi Mike and Everyone,

I've stumbled across this forum while looking for bid/ask volume information for Ninjatrader. I browsed the forum and found it to be interesting and found it can be a great addition to my forum list along with the Ninjatrader forum that I am a member of. Your indicator section is particularly of interest to me.

I trade forex but not on Ninja however I do have a futures account with AMP. I'm not trading futures right now until I have an edge. So, I've been on a quest to find my edge and I believe trading with the smart money is that edge. So, I spend alot of time coding, modifying indicators. Anyway, I hope I will be able to contribute something in the future.

Thank you

click03 
Houston, TX
GG

Platform: Market Profile, Jigsaw, NinjaTrader, ZenFire, DTN IQ, Market Delta
Broker: Mirus/Zen-Fire & TD Ameritrade
Trading: futures, options
Thanks Given: 115
Thanks Received: 19

Hi, I have been trading since 1999. Switched to futures in 2005. Still do stocks but in my 401K. I live in the Houston Texas area, I am 55 years old. Not trading full time.
I have been in many rooms, but have found MarkBraunMarketGeometry room has given me the best useful information. While in that room I have turned my trading to the positive. Lost a lot the first few years so have a lot of making up to do.
I love NInja Trader and ZenFire. Thank you Mike for putting this all together. I do not know how to write script, so I won't be much help there, but maybe can help in some other areas.

TheWizard 
Houston, TX
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Broker: Optimus Futures, AMP, CQG
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 517
Thanks Received: 4,224

click03 View Post
Hi, I have been trading since 1999. Switched to futures in 2005. Still do stocks but in my 401K. I live in the Houston Texas area, I am 55 years old. Not trading full time.
I have been in many rooms, but have found MarkBraunMarketGeometry room has given me the best useful information. While in that room I have turned my trading to the positive. Lost a lot the first few years so have a lot of making up to do.
I love NInja Trader and ZenFire. Thank you Mike for putting this all together. I do not know how to write script, so I won't be much help there, but maybe can help in some other areas.

Welcome click!

Welcome to a fellow Houstonian! Hope you enjoy all that BigMike's has to offer.

After all, it's what you learn AFTER you know it all, that counts!
 banf42 
Dallas TX

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Broker: IB/IB
Trading: 6E CL EMD
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Click - I'll q-reply to your intro, for my intro.

Just found futures.io (formerly BMT) a day or 2 ago, and it seems like a fine place to learn.
I've been trading (stocks & options) for many years, but got started on futures/forex last year. Was also laid off last year (am a SW Engr by trade), and have been trying to make it, but am just too inconsistent yet to be able to support the family with trading.

So will do a contract job so we can eat , and work on systems in the evening. Maybe have a working system by the time this contract ends.

I'm on Ninja, on Interactive Brokers. I can code indicators & strategies, but the scores of combinations of indicators (which I've tried, anyway) are not consistent winners. So I think Mike's got a point with the 'too many indicators' thesis. If I were Edison working on the light bulb, I'm only 738 <ways Not to trade> in (it's said he had found 999 ways not to build a light bulb until he got it right). Am taking the Levin course right now, and while it has some stuff I hadn't seen before, I'm not confident it will take me over the edge to continually winning.

Will contribute what I can. Thanks for the fellowship and education!

Last Updated on March 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts