NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,964 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 45 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 46.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,208,177 views
    2. thumb_up 11,974 thanks given
    3. group 6,309 followers
    1. forum 10,635 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

HarryThompson
nashville,TN

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hi,
I too have blown up a couple accounts over the past several years trying to learn to consistently make a living at this crooked game. I ran across this site and decided to see if tehre was any info here that would help me get back on track. I am not sure if I can contribute very much, but I will try. I am a Engineer by trade and can program in easy language and C# if someone needs help.
thanks

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

alj345 
Las Vegas

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: TF, NG, CL
Thanks Given: 254
Thanks Received: 1

Happy New Year all! Have been trading for about 3 years - mostly ES - struggled and spent a lot of money learning and trading. Realize it is all about applying what I know, refining into what really works for myself and my own individual style. It has been a tough road and I still love it. This year would like to expand into trading other markets. In that last few months have discovered range bars which are great. This is a terrific forum and it is incredible to discover traders helping each other. It is such a tough road and paved with a lot of bumpy spots and many
potholes. Thanks Mike.

catch 
St. John's, Newfoundland

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: IB
Trading: Stocks

I am a novice trader with nothing to brag about; not even tales of losses in the markets. I have limited time in front of the computer and a lot of interruptions. I am aaspiring to be a steady trader and I am looking to see if day trading is for me.

I am afraid my contributions will be scant for now as I am looking around to "catch" information. I have found, though, that a lot of information exists out there but no body really teaches one good method, the excuse being "depends on your personality" or "depends on your risk tolerance". Is there really no objective method to trade given all the data available???

petemm
Prague, CZ

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

Hi, I'm old-new guy in daytrading from CZ. First time I started with daytrading in early 2008 and I immediatelly stopped as I've lost 8% of my account in approximatelly 30 minutes (no such drawdown in backtests). Then due to 2-3 FTE spent for my job I've suspended trading (some activities were made on vacation, but it is limited). Now I've adjusted my work to part-time and doing activities to start day trading again. (I've started approximately 2 months ago).

profittrader
Marco Isl

Thanks Given: 1

I found that for me to trade successfully I have to know the Elliot wave and the Fibonatti and the Harmonic Pattern. I am working night and day at getting my arms around all of this. The other thing which I found important is to work on my subconciousmind to help me stick with my rules and strategy. I want to share mp3 Self Hypnosis materials specifically develop to support traders. Can anyone give me guidance as to how I can post it.

slug 
Baldock

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Mirus / Zen
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 3

Hi Mike and Everyone else

I live in the UK
I have been reaserching and Learning about Trading for 2 1/2 years traded live for 6 months last year, had the sense to stop and not completly blow out my account had made every wrong move in the book. Found this site last week and seems a very genuine bunch of people (which I reckon is Rare in trading circles). I settled on trading the ES and ZB but am unsure if the ZF is better? Am still looking to settle on a trading method and any help or pointers would be welcome.

Cheers Chris

Thanked by:
Henrik
Berlin, Germany

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 6

Hi, my name is Henrik,
and i trade with NT 6.5 and 7 beta and IB.
Last time I traded only FX, but now I want to trade (german) stocks.
Have a nice day!

kolyan
warsaw

Hello Mike, and everyone,
Sorry I did not post anything since I registered. No excuses!!!
I trade for few years now, started with Gann with the help of IDS in Uk (manchester), then I wanted to move to currencies and made a big desaster, but now everything is under control. I like to trade 1 min chart with the help of 5/15/1h/4h/ and daily. I mainly trade gbp/yen because on nice legs on 1 min. Euro is fine but short legs.
I would like to learn a bit more , like to take trades without indicators....I feel it's difficult but probably possible as it's possible to drive 100km/hour on snow....
I wish a very happy new year to all, with lots of pips.
Regards
Kolyan

Gambler67
WA

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1

Thanks Beth,

I am just following the volume spike strategy with inside bars and am getting stopped out 80% of the time. Can't figure out where I am going wrong. In hindsight things seem to be working very well. Do you have any particular strategy which has a good success rate.

Thanks.

Regards.

wgreenie 
Cambridge, Ontario

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 1,258
Thanks Received: 1,203

Gambler67 View Post
Thanks Beth,

I am just following the volume spike strategy with inside bars and am getting stopped out 80% of the time. Can't figure out where I am going wrong. In hindsight things seem to be working very well. Do you have any particular strategy which has a good success rate.

Thanks.

Regards.

You are most welcome Mahesh. I tested out 2 strategies (Divergence and SMAs crossover) before and not happy with the results. Guess my personal preference counts too, ie knowing what's going on and not counting on auto-trades.

I am not sure if Big Mike has a strategy thread. You may want to check it out and/or start a thread yourself. 80% SL seems high to me. However, if the remaining 20% recovers the losses + making more $$ within a specified timeframe (acceptable to you), it may still work.

Happy & Successful Trading!

Beth

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on March 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts