NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,964 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 45 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 46.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,207,230 views
    2. thumb_up 11,974 thanks given
    3. group 6,308 followers
    1. forum 10,635 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

DabaDave 
Arkansas

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 53
Thanks Received: 8

Mike, ...many, many thanks for the forum.

I am coming up on one year in this wonderful of daytrading futures. To date I haven't yet blown out an account however it has been a rocky road.

NinjaTrader user hoping to share with like minded traders and focus on making money.

[IMG]https://nexusfi.com/techforums/buttons/quote.gif[/IMG]

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
65 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
42 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
25 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
Trader Ted
NSW Ausralia

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Big Mike View Post
Hi everyone!

Like most day traders, I blew up my account a couple times and lost enough money to make most grown men weep. After I regrouped I started trading with common sense and with control of my emotions.

Later, I decided I wanted a forum to share my ideas as well as learn from others. I created my blog on April 17th, 2009 in order to meet this goal, as well as hold myself accountable for my trades and actions. I wanted a way to be able to lookback and ensure I was following my own advice.

The blog introduced me to a lot of fellow traders, some struggling, some doing exceptionally well. Talking with them everyday has really helped my trading and given me a lot of new ideas as well. In turn, I hope that I have provided them something useful that helps in their trading.

Since the blog did very well I decided to create this forum, and it was born June 11th, 2009. The forum was designed with the specific goal of having a small community of traders focused on making money. There are other sites out there but I never really felt at home with many of them, their userbase is too focused on proving someone wrong instead of trying to help.

You can find some more information about me in my profile.

Good hunting!
Mike

Hi ,
I’m Ted from Australia. I have been trading for many years but only ASX stocks I have just been introduced to the Black Dog system for Forex so I’m just starting out on this journey.
Good trading to you all I hope to meet up in the forum.
Ted

DiemTrader 
US

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Brokersrus
Trading: GBPJPY
Thanks Given: 49
Thanks Received: 18

Mike, thanks for starting a forum. I have been following your NT development. I have been trading forex for the past couple of years and switched to ES trading a few months ago at the suggestion of a successful friend. So far so good
I'm looking forward to participating in the psychology discussions as the holy grail is between my ears.

Thanked by:
hamq76
Pakistan

Thanks Given: 4

Hi

I am Hammad. I am from Pakistan. I am new to trading and looking forward to learn to trade in a safe way. I would like to trade ES.

Thanked by:
 jonesr9 
FL

Trading: ES, 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 159
Thanks Received: 34

My name is Rich, I've traded in 08 using mostly common indicators(like MA EMA Stochastics, etc...). I just started trading the S&P Eminis in June 09. Looking for 09 to be a profitable year. Glad to be part of this forum.

Thanked by:
 dsherman 
Michigan

Broker: Optimus/Vision & Stage5/Vision
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 18

Mike,

Thank you for this site and the immensely helpful information. I am basically starting out with Futures after not trading much after the tech bubble. Using Ninja and the simulator and replay functions is also of great help and makes me realize that you are correct that trading is more importantly about psychology. Hopefully I will advance to a level were I can also provide some useful info.

David

Thanked by:

andewky 
singapore

Experience: None
Platform: nj
Thanks Given: 257
Thanks Received: 5

Hi,
I have been trading TF using NT for the past over 7months and have lost almost all the money I invested.
My experience with indicators so far are that they are lagging and most times too late for any play.

I agree with Big Mike totally that we should just ride the trend and watch the price action since we are only in the market for the shortest duration to make some money.

I hope that someone can advise me how and what the settings for the indicators used in the video on July 12th.

Thanks.
Andrew

Thanked by:

Meggs 
Adelaide, South Australia

Experience: Beginner
Broker: Mirus/Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E, FDAX, ES
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 27

Hi all,
I'm new to eminis trading and am looking to learn as much about this form of trading as I can. I've viewed some of Mike's videos (well done Mike!) and looked at some of the threads. Hopefully I can be a positive contributer to the group.

Meggs
PS Still working on my worst enemy - myself. M

Thanked by:
wowzers
Canada

Thanks Given: 0

hi,
i am a trader from Alberta, Canada. I have been trading stocks and forex for a year now, and am planning on learning to use NT.

Feels like a good community of traders here and I am willing to learn and contribute.

Thanked by:
Bobny
New York State

Thanks Given: 2

This is a really great site. No egos, BS,no excess of hormones. Just alot of people who want to learn and alot of people who want to share.Makes for a good combination. As for me I have been trading for quite awhile and have done just about everything wrong that you could do wrong. All the indicators will work and the all time frames are right. You just have to find your combination. Bottom line
Holy Grail = Discipline= Success

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts