NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,964 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 45 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 46.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,208,177 views
    2. thumb_up 11,974 thanks given
    3. group 6,309 followers
    1. forum 10,635 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

amitcaspi
chicago,il

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

New to Big Mike's and Ninja Trader
Hi everyone,

First i like to thank Mike for creating this website.
I started mt carrer as a full time trader a year ago, i am still learning and trying to figure the best system and strategies that i want to stick with. I must say that i am overwhelmed with the amount of indicators and trading strategies that i found on this site. I am using the free version of ninja trader which is connected to my broker, interactive brokers. I find it very convenient to export Mike's indicators...however i can't figure out what will work for me. I am mostly trading intraday (stocks only) and i am very aggresive with my risk management (tight stops).
I will appriciate if any of you have any ideas for me for selecting indicators and strategies from mike's site that you find usuful for my style of trading.

Thank you all and thank you Mike for creating this useful site,

Amit

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

ZTR 

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader7
Broker: Mirus RCG/Zen-Fire
Trading: CL & 6e, looking at ES, ZB and AU again.
Thanks Given: 1,099
Thanks Received: 1,393

amitcaspi View Post
New to Big Mike's and Ninja Trader
I must say that i am overwhelmed with the amount of indicators and trading strategies that i found on this site. I am using the free version of ninja trader which is connected to my broker, interactive brokers. I find it very convenient to export Mike's indicators...however i can't figure out what will work for me.

Mike will tell you that pure price action without indicators is the way to trade, I say it is DOM reading. Find what works for you.

R.I.P. Andy Zektzer (ZTR), 1960-2010.
Please visit this thread for more information.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
sequentialb
USA

Thanks Received: 3

Hello All. I've been trading forex for two years and it's been an up and down rollercoaster ride. I'm profitable overall but still have a long way to go with regard to achieving my ultimate goals. I look forward to meeting fellow traders and learning new things from the ones who have found success.

christof21
Manchester, UK

Thanks Received: 0

sam028 View Post
Are you sure ? Or maybe we don't have the same definition of what's a multi timeframe indicator...

Hi there. I have the need for data from one timeframe to be added to another timeframe at set times each day e.g using 240 to identify trigger levels and then drilling down to a lower timeframe to identify trade entries. Have spoken to Ninja tech support and they have confirmed that the platform can not perform these functions unfortunately

sikandar
chennai

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0

Hi I am new to here,looking great learning going forward
thanks

trendtrader 
AB, CA

Experience: None
Platform: MC
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 1

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the forum. I, like many others before me, have destroyed more than one trading account! I have taken many courses, learned most of the currently used platforms (Tradestation, MC, Ninja, etc.), and learned how to create my own indicators and strategies in all of them. I've come to the point of minimizing all of this and studying price action alone. This fits with my personality and trading style more than all of the other stuff I've come across over the years.

I just got back from vacation and was excited (and sad that I missed it) to see you had an Al Brooks webinar. Is it achived somewhere on your site? Thanks!

Dan Kase
Albuquerque, NM

Thanks Received: 17

Name : Dan Kase
Live: Albuquerque, NM
Work: Kase and Company, Inc. 4 years this August.

Job Title: Kase StatWare Trainer TradeStation and NinjaTrader.

Hope the images below prove that I am who I say I am, not that anyone cares about offspring, right?

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

trendtrader View Post
I just got back from vacation and was excited (and sad that I missed it) to see you had an Al Brooks webinar. Is it achived somewhere on your site? Thanks!

Click Webinars at the top of the page, scroll down to archives, it is there.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Cogito ergo sum 
Amsterdam

Experience: None
Platform: QuickStrike, CTS
Trading: Derivatives
Thanks Given: 227
Thanks Received: 214

Hello,

After visiting several trading forums I decided to signup for this community as it appears to be more helpful to its members.

I'm a college student who started value investing the Benjamin Graham and Warren Buffet way three years ago.
Since January this year I have been looking into trading. I've read various books and studied chart patterns and options.

I'm currently trading stocks, ETFs, and options in my small account. Eventually I would like to get into futures trading, however I need to develop my skills first before I started working with these highly leveraged derivatives.

Thanked by:
StkLab
Charleston, WV

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 7

I am a full time trader with 20+ years of experience. I trade stocks, options, futures and forex. Since I was a practicing engineer in my former occupation, I am into computerized mechanical trading using data analysis and statistics. My trading plan is specific and detailed using trading systems that have been proven successful. I do not waste my time on "get rich quick" claims that plague the internet. If someone makes a claim - I want to see the data. My objective in this forum is to share trading concepts and analysis that may prove profitable for everyone.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts