NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,964 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 45 posts (51 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 46.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,207,803 views
    2. thumb_up 11,974 thanks given
    3. group 6,308 followers
    1. forum 10,635 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Introduce yourself here!

marketprofiletrader 
Fort Lupton, CO/ USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Market Delta
Broker: AMP Futures and CQG Data
Trading: 30yr Bonds ZB
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1

Hello All,

I am new to ninja trader but not new to trading. I hope to be a valuable addition to the fourm's here. From what I have seen you guys are pretty awesome developers with ninja. I am coming from using tradestation so I hope to learn a lot and also give alot in return to the forums. Thanks for having me.

God Bless and Good Trading To All.

Warm Regards,

Brian

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

Bengaltiger 
Pickering, ON

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Amp Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 147
Thanks Received: 43

Hi Mike & Fellow Traders,

Hv been trading for the last 8 yrs with the last 4 yrs being a full time daytrader (scalper oriented) of the ES and recently the DAX. Like most others have spent a H...U..G...E amount (Time AND Money) in searching for the elusive Holy Grail and Secret of the Pharoah's Indicator - I will not say that it was a bad investment, because on the journey I learnt a lot about myself (in terms of what my comfort level is) as well as the biggest "two-sided" lesson of What to Do AND What NOT to Do (the latter being a much valuable lesson for myself). Before I forget, I also lost considerable money and it is simply the love of trading that kept me going and searching for an answer.

My reason for joining the group is because I echo Mike's KISS philosophy. I have found the Holy Grail and it is located between my ears inside the scalp (no pun intended)! I have gone back to the basics of Price Patterns with a huge focus on good defined (and followed) Money Management process. I have also realized that Indicators are very good at simply "Indicating", nothing more - therefore I use them as such. Although I am a non-techie in terms of programming skills, I am very aware of the computers ability to do calculations much more efficiently than the brain and am all for such activities, but strictly supplemental to the earlier mentioned Holy Grail!

I consider it a privilege to join you folks on this highway and looking forward to the journey!

Thanked by:

poundswiss
canada

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Greetings from a neewbie. Just getting started at looking at futures. Thank you Big Mike for setting up this forum

menlo 
NJ

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 1

Hello All,

I have been trading the e-minis for about 4 years now without much success, but have learnt a lot. I hope to share what I have learnt and continue learning...

rrama0 
New York

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Mirus/Zen-Fire
Trading: ES,QM
Thanks Given: 4

Hi Trader Mike:
Just sent in a lengthy post on my trading-triumps and tribulations-but the system did not take it after saying I was'nt logged in. When I logged in again, it said I was already logged in.
I' re-post later again if you have'nt got my intro.
Thanks Trader Mike!
Marine1027(rrama0)

Flatdec
bush, B.C.

Hello Mike
I am a Elmer Fudd beginner at trading...Haven't shot my foot off yet and still have some dry powder...Looking to learn more before wabbit season...
And "good hunting" to you also,
Mic

lvfatboy
Las Vegas, NV

Hi Mike,

Nice to be here.
I trade the ES in the morning and work all day in the IT industry.
Been trading a couple of years and look forward to dropping the day job.
Dave

jcsteward 
Burnaby, BC

Thanks Given: 2

I'm a newbie. Glad to join you guys who know what it takes to be a real trader.
hope I learn a few things from you and share my things(if i have any :>) with you.
Good trades everybody!

RM686
BEVERLY HILLS FL

I have been using Tradestation for 6 months (with no problems) and Stock Charts for 20 years. Tried to use NT and downloaded it 3x but could not get even a chart up. Found their tech support useless since they kept sending me likes to videos. Not being able to talk to some one is a huge negative for me.
So as far as NT I am useless. Have been trading for 30 years using stock charts and now Trade Station. I may not belong in this forum since the last couple of emails with NT support got so heated they told me to unistall it and basically go away.
By the way the heated part was on my end.

maxpi
So Cal

I tested systems part time for many years, they were all random but whatever.. a couple of years ago I just overthrew the birth-school-debt-work-death cycle and started testing more random systems but full time. Eventually the systems were not entirely random.... Finally I realized that maybe backtesting was too sterile of an environment to really learn much so about 120 days ago I gave myself 90 days to learn to screen trade.. and it's working out well really, on the simulator I pulled out $650 in one hour trading one YM contract the other day... I'm still incorporating things into my system but I have to hit it with the real account pretty soon or wifey is going to do a murder suicide... I hear her mumbling when I wake up in the middle of the night, it's very motivating

I need to get a cool icon for the site...

Last Updated on March 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts