NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,965 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (52 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,237,887 views
    2. thumb_up 12,002 thanks given
    3. group 6,318 followers
    1. forum 10,644 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

CrudeDude 
Phoenix Arizona

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Global Zen Trader
Broker: GFF Brokers
Trading: Crude CL
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 80

I am thinking about buying pro picks from OTA. Does anyone here have any advice about how much it will cost and whether or not it works? Thank you.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks

CrudeDude 
Phoenix Arizona

Platform: Global Zen Trader
Broker: GFF Brokers
Trading: Crude CL
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 80

faithdefender View Post
Good Day to all.

We are fairly new traders. My husband and I used our savings to attend a franchise called Online Trading Academy, to learn how to trade, but, they saw us coming. You ever heard the saying "a fool and his money are soon parted"? As a result of a failed outcome, He subsequently blew up a futures account. What didn't work was what they sold us, called "PrpPicks" "Pro my arse! I'll leave it at that for now.

My husband developed Lyme disease over 10 years ago, after being bit by a tick. That's how we first got involved in trading. We wanted to make money to help pay for medical bills. I guess that didn't work out too well!

But, even though we got hurt with OTA, we have not given up. We know there is a system in place called buy low and sell high. We just have to find our niche.

We have started from scratch with Forex in the hopes that we can learn from this to put us back in the Futures camp. It has been almost 5 years, but we are determined. We hope to find trade strategies as well as friends along the way.

I’m just wondering how much you paid for that? Which markets do they generate signals for and how many signals per day are generated?

waynehughes 
Fort Wayne, IN

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: thinkorswim
Trading: currency, options
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 0

Hello Everyone,
I have been trading a long time but have not been successful at it. I have paid for a lot of training and classes. I have paid for a lot of indicators. I have lost lots of money on all of them. I have even created a bunch of indicators on ThinkorSwim. I have backtested them and some of them are pretty good. However, because of the money I have lost I haven't been ready to actually pull the trigger and start trading the signals. This year I am focused on self-discipline and will be working hard on sticking to one indicator and mastering it (as it has a good backtesting results), first in virtual trading, and then in the real world. I'm looking forward to seeing how others make it work.

ELche
miami,florida

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 42

You don't just buy OTA pro picks , you buy an enrollment/membership into a school that teaches one or different asset classes . Expect to pay upwards of $20K. then you get pro picks with it. I'll sell you mine.. or ...check this site posting of OTA and come back to me.

bms71 
Melbourne Australia

Platform: Jigsaw / NinjaTrader
Broker: S5 / Rithmic
Trading: Various
Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 53

Hi FIO Community

I've been lurking in the background for a coupe of weeks just reading the forums and wanted to say hi. I've been looking for a decent community without all the usual BS and it certainly looks like I've found so will be very happy to contribute.

By way of intro, my name is Mike and I'm from Melbourne, Australia. I currently work fulltime and trading is the after hours obsession which I hope to convert into fulltime at some stage. Have been passionate about trading and capital markets for a number of years and been trading on and off for the last 3-4 years. Anything across stocks, forex and indices via a CFD broker (IG Markets) here in Aus. Have had reasonable degree of success although it's been an up/down journey with drawdowns and profits. My favourite market is the FTSE100 - to me it has the perfect balance of personality, liquidity, speed, newsflow, inter-market correlations etc. I also like the US treasuries and the Eurex products for similar reasons. With these markets you can scale almost infinitely - which is what I like.

Along that journey I have developed several automated systems that proved to have great performance in backtesting but not in forward testing. While that was a bit disappointing it also taught me how the market structure across various asset classes really operates. So a good learning exercise plus also now I know how to test different setups to see if there is an edge. I still have my copy of AmiBroker with live data flowing to do that. I even coded some machine learning algos to test if there was an edge. Anyway, I digress.

I realised that while auto trading is a thing, for the average human, to find sufficient number of edges, run the algos in live environment and consistently make profit is probably a bridge too far. Sure, some quantitative hedge funds make money, but they have resources, time and phd type people to find those edges and then run them as a portfolio. An average person IMO, would struggle to make sufficient returns for the effort required.

In the meantime, I discovered the Jigsaw DOM and immediately saw the value of using it. More so, I realised that looking at the DOM is probably the biggest advantage a normal person has over the large players. IMO it levels the playing field and is the only thing I have seen in my experience that has an element of predictive signals that can be actioned for trading.

So here I am, while not being totally green, I am interested to consolidate all my experience and knowledge and take my trading to the next level - kind of a "not quite zero" to hero type approach. I hope to use this community both to learn and to give back what I can.

kind regards
ScurvyJoe (Mike)

Thanked by:
Mausert
Amsterdam

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hey there.

Just joined the club. Still finding out how everything works in here. As soon as I get the hang of it, I will be asking the questions a beginner will ask..... Until then!

Thanked by:

Palais Brongniart 
Paris France + Dresden Germany

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Proprietary
Thanks Given: 41
Thanks Received: 200

CrudeDude View Post
I’m just wondering how much you paid for that? Which markets do they generate signals for and how many signals per day are generated?

"OTA" is recruiting taxi drivers as trading instructors. Long known. Company run by a pair of Nigerian gentleman, as far as I know

I don't explain my charts. If you like to follow my trades, look for these lines.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 roque9000 
Caracas Venezuela

Platform: Tradestation, Ninja Trade
Broker: Tradestation, Ninja Trader Continuum
Trading: CL, ES, NQ, YM, RTY
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 1

faithdefender View Post
Good Day to all.

We are fairly new traders. My husband and I used our savings to attend a franchise called Online Trading Academy, to learn how to trade, but, they saw us coming. You ever heard the saying "a fool and his money are soon parted"? As a result of a failed outcome, He subsequently blew up a futures account. What didn't work was what they sold us, called "PrpPicks" "Pro my arse! I'll leave it at that for now.

My husband developed Lyme disease over 10 years ago, after being bit by a tick. That's how we first got involved in trading. We wanted to make money to help pay for medical bills. I guess that didn't work out too well!

But, even though we got hurt with OTA, we have not given up. We know there is a system in place called buy low and sell high. We just have to find our niche.

We have started from scratch with Forex in the hopes that we can learn from this to put us back in the Futures camp. It has been almost 5 years, but we are determined. We hope to find trade strategies as well as friends along the way.

Hi
I just wanted to know what platform are you using.
Rgds

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
NickFromParis
Paris, France

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 0

Hi everyone!

I am from Paris, France.

I started trading a few years back. I am only day trading on futures based on technical analysis. I would define myself as a short term momentum trader. After having tested almost everything in the technical analysis toolbox, I came back to very simple things: moving averages and Stochastics. Keep it simple and logical

Like a lot of day traders, I blew up my first two accounts. Even if I am now a consistently profitable trader, everything is not perfect yet. Indeed, I still have these bad mind-set days when I move my stop loss and, give me a big red stain on my journal… Anyway, I am improving and I know where to emphasize my focus to get rid of this bad habit and improve my psychology.

I joined the forum to find a community to talk with about trading as I sometimes feel a bit lonely and no one to share my passion with.

Sincerely,

Nick

redneck4Christ 
Vancouver, WA

Platform: Jigsaw, MC.NET, ToS, SC
Broker: APEX,IronBeam/Rithmic, ToS
Trading: Emini ES & CL
Thanks Given: 1,032
Thanks Received: 146

NickFromParis View Post
Hi everyone!

I am from Paris, France.

I started trading a few years back. I am only day trading on futures based on technical analysis. I would define myself as a short term momentum trader. After having tested almost everything in the technical analysis toolbox, I came back to very simple things: moving averages and Stochastics. Keep it simple and logical

Like a lot of day traders, I blew up my first two accounts. Even if I am now a consistently profitable trader, everything is not perfect yet. Indeed, I still have these bad mind-set days when I move my stop loss and, give me a big red stain on my journal… Anyway, I am improving and I know where to emphasize my focus to get rid of this bad habit and improve my psychology.

I joined the forum to find a community to talk with about trading as I sometimes feel a bit lonely and no one to share my passion with.

Sincerely,

Nick

You'll likely find a lot of folks to discuss what interests you here and keep the learning going.

Take care,

Jeff

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts