NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Lord Sidious's Trading Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Lord Sidious with 34 posts (8 thanks)
    2. looks_two Cloudy with 6 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Cashish with 5 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 4 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 24 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Cashish with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Lord Sidious with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 15,719 views
    2. thumb_up 105 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 67 posts
    2. attach_file 27 attachments

Search this Thread

Lord Sidious's Trading Journal

Lord Sidious
Portugal

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 15

Hey, guys!

Another trading day, using sim/paper trading. 3 trades, 2 wins and 1 loss.

Trades 1,2 and 3 chart:

Analysis:

Onde again, all trades followed the rules/tacticts. And once again, my trading time was about 40 minutes. Trade 1 went bad. At the time the candle opened, it followed another that made price fell, and the slope of the 5 period SMA was pointing down. Price fell for 5.5 points and then market went up, hitting the 8 points stop. The next two trades went as expected.

Overall:

10 trades: (6 wins - 4 losses).

Good trading!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
28 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Lord Sidious
Portugal

Cloudy View Post
Congrats Sidious, nice job!

Thanks, Cloudy!

Jaguar52 
NY + NY/USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Optimus Futures- Rithmic
Trading: CL, 6E
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 1,270

Remember that ultimately the success or failure of your trading venture will be you.

So as you parlay back and forth and get advice and counsel, opinions, suggestions (and maybe even a few snickers); all this information needs to be considered and you need to reach conclusions and decisions based on your belief or disbelief from the results of their application over time.

Take the time to give things a chance. We all come from our own space, and most of our opinions are based on our own experiences. For some MACD suck. For others the MACD is gold.

You could set a milestone measure. Like once you set something up, take at least 100 trades with it before you trash it completely or discount it partially.

It is like looking for pearls in rough current. First you have to be able to swim, then you have to find the shells, then harvest it, raise to the surface and see what you got. All the while you are holding your breath.

Also, I believe that the most correct answers are already known to you. You just need the time and place to accept them. No one can give them to you. We can only help guide you and hopefully keep you from picking up an octopus....those things will suck your brains out.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Lord Sidious
Portugal

Jaguar52 View Post
Remember that ultimately the success or failure of your trading venture will be you.

So as you parlay back and forth and get advice and counsel, opinions, suggestions (and maybe even a few snickers); all this information needs to be considered and you need to reach conclusions and decisions based on your belief or disbelief from the results of their application over time.

Take the time to give things a chance. We all come from our own space, and most of our opinions are based on our own experiences. For some MACD suck. For others the MACD is gold.

You could set a milestone measure. Like once you set something up, take at least 100 trades with it before you trash it completely or discount it partially.

It is like looking for pearls in rough current. First you have to be able to swim, then you have to find the shells, then harvest it, raise to the surface and see what you got. All the while you are holding your breath.

Also, I believe that the most correct answers are already known to you. You just need the time and place to accept them. No one can give them to you. We can only help guide you and hopefully keep you from picking up an octopus....those things will suck your brains out.

Thank you for your help!

Lord Sidious
Portugal

Hi!

HereŽs what happen in the last day of week 1:

- Today I did 3 trades, 2 wins and 1 loss, paper trading again.

Trades 1,2 and 3 chart:

Analysis:

My trading time was about 40 minutes, but I did the 3 trades in just 15 minutes. Trade 1 went bad. All the filters to go long were confirmed, but the market didnŽt rise 8 points, instead it fell much more than 8. However, giving the momentum and the fact filters to go long were confirmed, I took advantage, in the same 5 min candle, to go long again, which proved to be a good decision (trade 2). A bit after rising about 40 points, market showed signs of a pullback. This time I bended a bit one of the rules (stochs was not interely in the overbought area, although it was closer to that, than to oversold). Right decision again, as the market fell almost 30 points.

Overall:

13 trades: (8 wins - 5 losses).

Lord Sidious
Portugal

Hello, guys!

The main objetive of these 2 weeks trading, is to test my new trading plan efficiency, not to worry about making net profit. However, my analysis will take in account profits and losses, even those got with paper trading.

Here is it:

The good:

- All of the rules were followed;

- All my entries were right about market direction;

- % of winning trades bigger than losing trades;

- Profitable week.

The bad:

- A bit of lack of patiente and anxiety to respect the rules;

- Stop loss easily hit;

- After 4 trades (1 win, 3 losses) with real trading, and the fact of 7 wins and only 2 losses occured with sim/paper trading, may suggest that the "M" (Mind) part may not be helping as it should.

Possible changes:

- Bigger stop loss, due to type of trading instrument (DJI);

- Easing a bit the fact of all filters have to confirm (instead of all 3-4 have to verify at the same moment, allow only 2-3 to verify).

Week 2 will start soon. Filter/rules/strategies are the same, stop loss the same (8 points), but instead of targeting for 8 points IŽll do it for 12 points.

Good trading!

Thanked by:
Lord Sidious
Portugal

Hi, guys!

Firts day with new objectives: - target for 12 points, instead of 8.

3 trades, 2 wins and 1 loss.

Once again, the platform showed problems with charts. In chart 1 and 2, the previous candle to the first trade is green, not red with a big wick.

Trades charts:

Analysis:

- Trade 1: Trade in which rules were not fully met. 5 SMA slope was not clearly down, stochs was not clearly near the overbought area and MACD bars and lines were not giving a clear sign of revearsal. However, I enter because the market was showing signs of a pullback, after a big rally. Winning trade.

- Trade 2: 5 SMA slope and stochs ok, MACDs not that good. Market went about 6 points down, but after rose for 10 points (hit the 8 point stop) in the same candle. After that continued rising. First trade regarding the judgement of market direction. Losing trade.

- Trade 3: All indicators Ok. Took advantage of a rising candle, that started to reverse, to enter with the judged market direction. Winning trade.

Same thought present: 8 point loss too tight for DJI.

Overall:

16 trades: 10 wins - 6 losses

Good trading.

Lord Sidious
Portugal

Hello, guys!

2 trades, today. 2 wins! CouldnŽt do 3, unfortunately.

Charts:

Trade 1

Trade 2

Analysis:

- Everything went well with trade 1. All the rules and indicators were followed. As for trade 2, although it was a winning one, not all indicators were entirely according to rules.

Overall:

- 18 trades: 12 wins - 6 losses

Good trading!

Last Updated on June 8, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts