NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Multicharts with .Net

Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Jura with 24 posts (21 thanks)
    2. looks_two TonyB with 12 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Bimi with 9 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 tx413 with 9 posts (29 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tx413 with 3.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Bimi with 1.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Jura with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 andrewtrader with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 65,678 views
    2. thumb_up 102 thanks given
    3. group 41 followers
    1. forum 141 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

Multicharts with .Net

ehlaban 
Netherlands

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ensign, Multicharts
Trading: SP500
Thanks Given: 66
Thanks Received: 57

?[AUTOLINK]MultiCharts[/AUTOLINK] .NET? ? [AUTOLINK]Beta[/AUTOLINK] Testers Wanted [AUTOLINK]MultiCharts[/AUTOLINK] Blog

Curious if Easy language still will be supported in that version.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Lampert 
Calgary, Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multicharts
Broker: IB, IQFeed
Trading: GC
Thanks Given: 73
Thanks Received: 142

ehlaban - Per the responses below the announcement:
Stan_MultiCharts:

No, MultiCharts will continue supporting EasyLanguage, and MultiCharts .NET will be a separate product that supports the .NET languages.

MultiCharts will not be discontinued. There will be two separate packages, and you can get the one that you want – or both.

Len

sam028 
Site Moderator

Thanks Given: 3,825
Thanks Received: 4,629

Who is in the Beta here ?

Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 diverdan 
Singapore

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Multicharts, R
Trading: EUR / USD
Thanks Given: 106
Thanks Received: 99

Not me - not really impressed that there will be two versions...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Traderji 
Australia

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, Multicharts
Trading: Spot Forex, Gold, Silver
Thanks Given: 114
Thanks Received: 114

sam028 View Post

I have sent an email asking to participate.

If Multicharts can pull this off then Ninjatrader is in big trouble. NT's one advantage, how versatile C# can be, is gone and NT just cannot compare with the number of brokers that MC supports and just how fast/smooth MC runs compared to NT.

TimeTrade 
Erfurt Germany

Experience: Master
Platform: rtMagic, NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG, IAB
Trading: ES, 6E, FDAX, FGBL
Thanks Given: 54
Thanks Received: 461

sam028 View Post

I have also sent a beta request. Compare of the C# framework between MC.NET and NT7 is very interest.
The most parts of my NT7 code is logical platform independent with many ownerdraw output.
I well self check the workload to convert a equal function based on my NT7 tools as proof of concept. GUI quality, Speed, Memoryload,... is not my primary target for this "coding" test.

andrewtrader 
Lithuania

Platform: MBT DesktopPro, Multicharts,NinjaTrader
Broker: MBT,CQG/AMP
Trading: Forex
Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 31

I believe anyone can participate in so called beta right now - go to FXCM and download for free "Strategy trader". That's Multicharts 7 with .Net, however locked into FXCM, with disabled discretionary trading capabilities and it's few years old already. I don't expect csharp interface in new MC.net be much different compared to "Strategy trader's". So you all can get a taste...

Seems like MC deal with FXCM didn't last for long (maybe because fxcm hired another team to make very promising "Trading Station 2" platform), and MC decided to monetize .net splicing effort now. Must be everyone using NT7 for development excited and management at NT office recovering from heart attack. Giving that they release only one major version per 3 years they are lagging already, that means NT7 is dead, unless we get surprise... The only wrong move MC can do is to bump up price for MC.net, that would save NT7. Will see, exciting times.

TonyB 
Bay Area, CA - US

Platform: TOS, TS & MC
Broker: TDA & TS
Trading: Stock, Options and now Futures (ES)
Thanks Given: 227
Thanks Received: 140

I purchased MC just a few weeks ago. It was my first such of a trading platform...

Given this .Net development, and the excitement for it, can someone please explain what short-comings this addresses in the current MC offering (EL / PL)? I can only assume that there are limitations or inabilities that cannot otherwise be overcome.

I am unfortunately not experienced or well-versed enough yet to know what those scenarios might be; and with that, if they would even be issues for me and how I might wish to use a platform. Maybe the current version will be all that I need /want...

andrewtrader 
Lithuania

Platform: MBT DesktopPro, Multicharts,NinjaTrader
Broker: MBT,CQG/AMP
Trading: Forex
Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 31

TonyB View Post
I purchased MC just a few weeks ago. It was my first such of a trading platform...

Given this .Net development, and the excitement for it, can someone please explain what short-comings this addresses in the current MC offering (EL / PL)? I can only assume that there are limitations or inabilities that cannot otherwise be overcome.

I am unfortunately not experienced or well-versed enough yet to know what those scenarios might be; and with that, if they would even be issues for me and how I might wish to use a platform. Maybe the current version will be all that I need /want...

MC is very good choice, so congrats on purchase. Regarding .NET - it's more thing of preference for those writing custom indicators/strategies - if you are programmer, or know C#, or have some libraries/algorithms written in .NET and want those to plug in nicely, or you are tired of NT7 inconsistencies & limitations and want to move all your csharp (aka ninjascript) code to MC, then MC.NET is your obvious choice. On the other side, your code in EL/PL will be always shorter than csharp, it was demonstrated somewhere on futures.io (formerly BMT), so you end up coding less, trading more. Also we do not really know, what capabilities MC.NET will have, so we are still holding our breath and waiting...

TonyB 
Bay Area, CA - US

Platform: TOS, TS & MC
Broker: TDA & TS
Trading: Stock, Options and now Futures (ES)
Thanks Given: 227
Thanks Received: 140

andrewtrader View Post
MC is very good choice, so congrats on purchase. Regarding .NET - it's more thing of preference for those writing custom indicators/strategies - if you are programmer, or know C#, or have some libraries/algorithms written in .NET and want those to plug in nicely, or you are tired of NT7 inconsistencies & limitations and want to move all your csharp (aka ninjascript) code to MC, then MC.NET is your obvious choice. On the other side, your code in EL/PL will be always shorter than csharp, it was demonstrated somewhere on futures.io (formerly BMT), so you end up coding less, trading more. Also we do not really know, what capabilities MC.NET will have, so we are still holding our breath and waiting...

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for making the time to reply and share your thoughts. I also heard back from Stan at MC. I've been trading about 6 weeks now, but with my main broker, on TD Ameritrade's TOS platform. That's where the vast majority of my money is, as well as knowledge of a platform (TOS). As much as I want to use MC now, I need to make the time to re-fund my account with OEC, or set-up a new account elsewhere. With 1 and 2 year old babies, a full-time job, wife just out surgery, and trading when I can, making the time to get MC up and running isn't the highest priority at the time. I suppose part of the reason is that I've been doing quite well with my trading of the ES (somewhat surprising to me thus far); and I don't want to disrupt the rhythm at the moment.

That all said, I got MC for a reason, and I know it has capabilities that I want to employ, ones that I cannot do on TOS. I asked Stan if current MC users would have a limited time to purchase .NET at the special price, and he did not know...

Last Updated on June 27, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts