NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

I am NOT a Trader

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one eudamonia with 39 posts (58 thanks)
    2. looks_two Lornz with 2 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 mattz with 2 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 liquidcci with 2 posts (7 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one liquidcci with 3.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two eudamonia with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Lornz with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 mattz with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 11,237 views
    2. thumb_up 80 thanks given
    3. group 11 followers
    1. forum 54 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

I am NOT a Trader

eudamonia 
Sacramento, CA

Experience: None
Platform: None
Broker: ADM and Sierra Charts
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 308
Thanks Received: 449

Fantasy - I should have not been stopped out of a trade today by 1 tick.

Reality - Stopped out by 1 tick.

Do I embrace fantasy (woulda, coulda, shoulda) or reality?

Every action I take I am only concerned with Reality (NOW) not Fantasy (could have been).

When you embrace the NOW and disregard COULD HAVE BEEN you act based on reality. When you embrace FANTASY over REALITY the monkey starts driving the bus. You are not a monkey. Do not give the monkey permission to drive the bus!

So the REALITY today is:

First trade - stopped out at break even. No one cares. Least of all the market.
Second trade - got right back in because premise was solid. And I willing accepted the risk that this could also be a loser.

You are enough. Stay in the NOW.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

eudamonia 
Sacramento, CA

Yesterday and ON levels

1402-03 responsive sellers
1396-98 acceptance
1389.75 responsive buyers
1382.75 acceptance

My premise was that if we hold above yesterday's VPOC at 1392.5 that we would push to the 96/98 acceptance level.

6:30a - ES open at 1392.75. OS high 1393.5. OS low 1392.75. OAIR.
6:49a - ES long at 1393. stop 91. Target 88. +3/+5

eudamonia 
Sacramento, CA

I hear that trading is all about the money.

I also hear that weight lifting is all about lifting the heaviest weights.

Russian disabled bodybuilder

I guarantee that this guy did not get to squatting 162kg unassisted without working on his mental space first.

What would it take for you to mentally accept a disability like this guy and then become a world-class athlete? Does that sound "impossible"?

Now what would it take for you to accept your losing trades and trade with mental discipline?

Which one sounds harder? More risky?

Thanked by:
Warrie
Brussels, Belgium

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

eudamonia View Post
Fantasy - I should have not been stopped out of a trade today by 1 tick.

Reality - Stopped out by 1 tick.

Do I embrace fantasy (woulda, coulda, shoulda) or reality?

Every action I take I am only concerned with Reality (NOW) not Fantasy (could have been).

When you embrace the NOW and disregard COULD HAVE BEEN you act based on reality. When you embrace FANTASY over REALITY the monkey starts driving the bus. You are not a monkey. Do not give the monkey permission to drive the bus!

So the REALITY today is:

First trade - stopped out at break even. No one cares. Least of all the market.
Second trade - got right back in because premise was solid. And I willing accepted the risk that this could also be a loser.

You are enough. Stay in the NOW.

what is also reality: if you get stopped out to often by 1 tik you might consider changing your stops, it's a big part of trading, not only fantasy

eudamonia 
Sacramento, CA

Yesterday's and ON Levels

1411.5 responsive sellers
1408 acceptance
1404.75 responsive sellers ON
1400-01 acceptance ON
1389.25-1391.25 responsive buyers
1387 acceptance
1382.50 responsive buyers

Premise is that if we hold above 1387-89 then we will test 1403. If we hold below 1387-89 then we will test 1383.

6:30a - ES open at 1394. OS high 1394.75. OS low 1393. OAIR.
7:55a – ES short 1394.5. Stop 1396. -1.5/-1.5
Trade was to test if IB would hold. IB failed marking neutral day.
9:38a – ES short 1398. Stop 1399.5. Target 1395. +3
Trade was to test main premise. Half sized to reflect indecisive action on a neutral day. Lot of congestion in the 1394 zone.

eudamonia 
Sacramento, CA

Yesterday's and ON levels

1411.5 responsive sellers
1408 acceptance
1402.25-1403 acceptance - ON
1394 acceptance
1389.75 responsive buyers

Premise was that we would hold above 1390-93. Wide zone. After the opening swing it was clear that the OS low would be a significant resistance point.

6:30a - ES open at 1398.25. OS high 1399. OS low 1397.25. Open rejection reverse.
7:15a - ES long [email protected]. add 1391. stop 1390. +3.75

eudamonia 
Sacramento, CA

"Fear seems to have many causes. Fear of loss, fear of failure, fear of being hurt, and so on, but ultimately all fear is the ego's fear of death, of annihilation. To the ego, death is always just around the corner. In this mind-identified state, fear of death affects every aspect of your life. For example, even such a seemingly trivial and "normal" thing as the compulsive need to be right in an argument and make the other person wrong - defending the mental position with which you have identified - is due to the fear of death. If you identify with a mental position, then if you are wrong, your mind-based sense of self is seriously threatened with annihilation. So you as the ego cannot afford to be wrong. To be wrong is to die. Wars have been fought over this, and countless relationships have broken down.

Once you have disidentified from your mind, whether you are right or wrong makes no difference to your sense of self at all, so the forcefully compulsive and deeply unconscious need to be right, which is a form of violence, will no longer be there.

You can state clearly and firmly how you feel or what you think, but there will be no aggressiveness or defensiveness about it. Your sense of self is then derived from a deeper and truer place within yourself, not from the mind. Watch out for any kind of defensiveness within yourself. What are you defending? An illusory identity, an image in your mind, a fictitious entity. By making this pattern conscious, by witnessing it, you disidentify from it. In the light of your consciousness, the unconscious pattern will then quickly dissolve. This is the end of all arguments and powergames, which are so corrosive to relationships. Power over others is weakness disguised as strength. True power is within, and it is available to you now.

...Is there something that you "should" be doing but are not doing it? Get up and do it now. Alternatively, completely accept your inactivity, laziness, or passivity at this moment, if that is your choice. Go into it fully. Enjoy it. Be as lazy or inactive as you can. If you go into it fully and consciously, you will soon come out of it. Or maybe you won't. Either way, there is no inner conflict, no resistance, no negativity.

Stress is caused by being "here" but wanting to be "there," or being in the present but wanting to be in the future. It's a split that tears you apart inside. To create and live with such an inner split is insane. The fact that everyone else is doing it doesn't make it any less insane. If you have to, you can move fast, work fast, or even run, without projecting yourself into the future and without resisting the present. As you move, work, run - do it totally. Enjoy the flow of energy, the high energy of that moment. Now you are no longer stressed, no longer splitting yourself in two. Just moving, running, working - and enjoying it. Or you can drop the whole thing and sit on a park bench. But when you do, watch your mind. It may say: "You should be working. You are wasting time." Observe the mind. Smile at it."

Eckhart Tolle

eudamonia 
Sacramento, CA

Yesterday and ON levels

1396.75 responsive sellers
1394 acceptance
1388.5 acceptance ON
1384.5 acceptance
1382.25 acceptance ON
1378.5 responsive buyers ON

Premise was that we would have responsive buyers at initial support 1378.5. No responsive buyers at that level nor the next. Initiative selling day.

6:30a - ES open 1379.75. OS high 1381.25. OS low 1378.75. OAIR
6:35a - ES long 1379. stop 1377.5. -1.5/-1.5
7:00a - ES long 1375. stop 1373.5 -1.5/-1.5
9:46a – ES short 1364.75. stop 1366.25 -1.5

dryg
France

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 19

eudamonia View Post
I believe in fact that trial and error is at the heart of successful trading. Thatīs how it is learned.

Precicely!

eudamonia 
Sacramento, CA

The following is a story attributed to the Zen Master Hakuin Ekaku:

A beautiful Japanese girl whose parents owned a food store lived near Hakuin. One day, without any warning, her parents discovered she was pregnant. This made her parents angry. She would not confess who the man was, but after much harassment at last named Hakuin.

In great anger the parents went to the master. "Is that so?" was all he would say.

After the child was born it was brought to Hakuin. By this time he had lost his reputation, which did not trouble him, but he took very good care of the child. He obtained milk from his neighbors and everything else the child needed.

A year later the girl could stand it no longer. She told her parents the truth - the real father of the child was a young man who worked in the fish market.

The mother and father of the girl at once went to Hakuin to ask forgiveness, to apologize at length, and to get the child back.

Hakuin willingly yielded the child, saying only: "Is that so?"

Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 30, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts