NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Short term TF trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one indextrader7 with 449 posts (941 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 36 posts (46 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Victory Trader with 26 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cmmichaels with 21 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one SteveH with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two indextrader7 with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Traderwolf with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 josh with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 140,164 views
    2. thumb_up 1,209 thanks given
    3. group 90 followers
    1. forum 797 posts
    2. attach_file 283 attachments

Search this Thread

Short term TF trading

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Here's the trades with their ticks p/l (avg ticks per contract). And some analysis of entry rationale:

Happy with my performance today.
- All losers were kept inside 10 ticks.
- Had a good read on the market. My losing trades were due to being early to the party.
- Re-entered trade ideas with confidence.

1. Looked like we were falling back into the range after a failed push higher.
2. Simply re-entered the first trade idea based on now a double top formation.

3. Long based on the uptrend (deleted the trendline, but it connected the lows throughtout the session)
4. Re-entry

5. Price stalling/failing to break below the previous swing low.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
44 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

+20 ticks today. (Average ticks per contract traded)

Not real happy with the entry on the 2nd trade which lost 7 ticks. Nor am I happy with the entry on the 5th trade which cost me 8 ticks. Both of those trades were managed fine, but I was put in a bad position from the start due to those impatient entries. I'm hard on myself though... there's often a fine line between a really nice entry and a hindsight impatient one that didn't play out. Overall, I'm pleased. I like to give myself the freedom to take whatever trade I want to, as long as I manage risk accordingly. That's what counts.

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Traded CL for the first part of the AM, until equities opened. Two scalps, bagged some ticks:

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

One trade in TF shortly after the open. Took advantage of trapped longs looking for a breakout.

I'm off to a tee time with some more prospective clients. Fingers crossed.

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

I'm unbelievably blessed. I'm able to wake up in the morning and do something I truly love... something I would do whether I got paid or not... it's just a bonus that I get paid doing it.

I'm surrounded by people that love and support me. My parents, my sister, my girlfriend, several mentors at church, my business partner, my friends to name a few sources of solid love and support I have at the drop of a hat. I know they feel the same way about me too.

I've had difficult times in life and trading. I wouldn't change them, because it's been a greater hand at work shaping me into who I am today.

-Merritt

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Pretty good trading today in the CL. Could have been better (maybe). I was on the wrong side of the flow at first because I was looking for a longer timeframe move. Sometimes it's a decision to make... whether to trust the current, short term flow, or the longer term trend. That's just trading. I did have a nice stop/reverse moment around 8:04 as I had a great read on just what was unfolding. Really the first moment of real clarity I had during the session up to that point.

It's a shame that I stopped trading at the last trade here. I would have destroyed the action that followed over the next 45 min's. Oh well. +13 ticks today. It is one thing I must admit. If I'm struggling with anything lately, it's the fear of giving back profits. That's a good thing to a certain extent, but it's negative in my case here. I get fear to pull the trigger when I get some profits for the day. I think this is from added pressure to perform as a CTA. It's something I must work though. I must keep sharpening my mental framework.

That's six sessions in a row banking at least 10 ticks. I've got to stay sharp, because this is just when I can get a little too carefree and make mistakes.

All losing trades were when I was chasing strength. All winning trades were when I faded weakness.

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

A big breakthough today. I've had my eye on a prize for a while, and finally accomplished it today. Breaking 1 on my performance ratio. I knew it would come with my larger avgwin:avg loss ratio. All I had to do was bring my win% back up.

Cocktails are in order.

mstier 
San Francisco

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: In house
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 55
Thanks Received: 24

Congrats Merritt, it's great to see your continued success.

Thanked by:

WarEagle 
Pensacola, FL

Experience: Advanced
Platform: SierraChart
Broker: IB
Trading: Futures, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 56
Thanks Received: 25

indextrader7 View Post
I'm unbelievably blessed. I'm able to wake up in the morning and do something I truly love... something I would do whether I got paid or not... it's just a bonus that I get paid doing it.

I'm surrounded by people that love and support me. My parents, my sister, my girlfriend, several mentors at church, my business partner, my friends to name a few sources of solid love and support I have at the drop of a hat. I know they feel the same way about me too.

I've had difficult times in life and trading. I wouldn't change them, because it's been a greater hand at work shaping me into who I am today.

-Merritt

Nice Merritt, it reminds me of a chorus from "Rite of Spring" by one of my favorite bands, Angels and Airwaves. It's become sort of a motto for me:

If I had a chance for another try,
I wouldn't change a thing
It's made me all of who I am inside
And if I could thank God
That I am here, and that I am alive
And everyday I wake
I tell myself a little harmless lie
'The whole wide world is mine'

Congrats on living the dream!

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Traded oil again today. I see no problems with discretionary trading CL.

Solid day. Banking ticks. Just flowing with the trend.

Last Updated on June 9, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts