NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Short term TF trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one indextrader7 with 449 posts (941 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 36 posts (46 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Victory Trader with 26 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cmmichaels with 21 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one SteveH with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two indextrader7 with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Traderwolf with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 josh with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 140,925 views
    2. thumb_up 1,209 thanks given
    3. group 90 followers
    1. forum 797 posts
    2. attach_file 283 attachments

Search this Thread

Short term TF trading

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

So far today, 14 trades. Only 3 winners yet I'm up 2R. (R being the typical amount being risked on a trade). Had a 8.5 R winner in there that made up for all the losses plus some.

Just keepin' those losers tiny!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Nothing impressive at all today, other than risk management.... but that's not sexy is it?

[Edit mistake ticks for the day]: 24 ticks on the day (average ticks per contract traded). I thought I made more honestly, but alllllll the many 5,7,8 tick losers I had today really added up.

16 trades taken. Only 4 winners of the bunch, BUT the avg loser was -5 ticks, and the average winner was +20 ticks.

Here's the trades: (yes some of those entries look downright stupid because they were scalp type entries on a lower timeframe)

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Trading CL over the past few sessions has brought some changes to my trading performance

The higher volatility and larger tick swings have made my winners larger, but I've been able to keep my stops the same distance I've used on TF trades.

You can see the drift in my average win here:

Surprisingly, my win% has only slightly drifted lower, but I think I know I can improve it.

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

I got a PhD professor (economic forecasting/ stats guy) to go over some statistical analysis of my performance today. Remember how I was troubled about 2% weekly stops, and talking about stats like overall win%, win:loss, and how high my % of profitable days were?

Well, he ran a binomial distribution and other things I don't understand, and it shocked me. We also created a "game" based on my trading stats to see what the % of days profitable would come out to.

Flip a coin (50% odds like my win%), and if you win you get $1.60, and if you lose you lose -$1.00 (my win:loss ratio), and take 10 flips a day (avg trades per day), and do this over a hundred-something days...

The % of days profitable will statistically be 82.8%.... exactly what my results are! Woah...

This absolutely solidifies what trading is to me. It's a game (serious game), a numbers game. I practically flip a coin all day, and win a little more when I'm right then when I'm wrong. Sounds boring doesn't it.

mstier 
San Francisco

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: In house
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 55
Thanks Received: 24

Frankly dude, that's anything but boring :P

Good work sir.

Thanked by:
 cmmichaels 
London England

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Metatrader
Trading: Spot $
Thanks Given: 1,081
Thanks Received: 149

indextrader7 View Post
Trading CL over the past few sessions has brought some changes to my trading performance

I think shorts are going to get squeezed here big time! I'm all in long on the break above the 40% level!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Tiny losing day for me today. Will post a recap when I get time. So busy these days... often times I trade until lunch, then have a several appointments the 2nd half of the day raising capital.

Very exciting news on our PRIMO office space. Signing the lease tomorrow. Corner office!!

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

cmmichaels View Post
I think shorts are going to get squeezed here big time! I'm all in long on the break above the 40% level!

Literally lol'd to that one cmmichaels.

Unfortunately the squeeze wasn't on yet. A bit more supply to be worked out I suppose! ha

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Targeting 834, but seeing a bit of support.... hanging in there.

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Wedge just broke down (continuation pattern)

9:03 OUT. Took partial profits at previous swing low, and rest was scratched as buyers stepped in.

Last Updated on June 9, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts