NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Short term TF trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one indextrader7 with 449 posts (941 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 36 posts (46 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Victory Trader with 26 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cmmichaels with 21 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one SteveH with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two indextrader7 with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Traderwolf with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 josh with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 140,103 views
    2. thumb_up 1,209 thanks given
    3. group 90 followers
    1. forum 797 posts
    2. attach_file 283 attachments

Search this Thread

Short term TF trading

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Real time trading webcast starting in a few minutes if you care to join.

If you have google+ (recommended) join here: https://workspaceupdates.googleblog.com/2023/04/new-community-features-for-google-chat-and-an-update-currents%20.html

Don't worry, I can't see you or hear you, I have everyone auto muted/blocked with a program. You are encouraged to chat if you have comments questions.

If you don't have google+ and/or refuse to get it, you can watch on my youtube channel, as it will be streamed live there. You wont' be able to participate if you want to comment/question. Here:
indextrader7 - YouTube

Let's have a good session today everyone.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Trading with indextrader7: Psychological Journal

I'm sorry for the duplicate posts, but I don't know if the short term TF guys are following the TST journal thread!

An article I wrote on the idea and application of a psychological journal entry to enhance trading. I think y'all will like this one!

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

3D Trading
I've been a fan of three-dimensional trading for quite some time. 3D trading involves using three different timeframes such as the combination of 30min, 5min, and 1min charts.

There's a few ways to do it to suit your own style, but since I'm a Price Action guy... I'll show you how I do it.

I take a top down approach. Start with the longest time frame.

Long term chart - 30 minute chart

This is the chart I use to look for significant levels in price. It shows the history of the battles between bulls and bears. It shows emotional inflection points where more people are likely involved. Regardless of what the reason behind it may be, it shows support and resistance levels that I care about.

Here we can see CL action from today. We'll make an example of what price did as it entered the support level that price had reacted to four times prevously (blue boxes).

Now we go to our main trading timeframe, the 5min chart.

We're looking to see what price does as it enters this support level. We can see that, on this timeframe, price forms a three-bar stall at the level. There are also some longer wicks to the downside, which generally signal strong buying stepping in. OK, we found a significant level on the higher timeframe, and we've confirmed that we're getting a stall here on our trading timeframe. Let's look to the lower timeframe to get a microscopic view of the price action.

We're now viewing the lower timeframe (1 minute chart here).

We first have a strong push down into and slightly past the level. Buyers step in and price isn't able to maintain below. The bears step in and again, and we get to see what they've got. As you can see from the arrows, the second push down was super weak relative to the first, and price again came back up above the level. You can choose an exact entry however you like; the precise entry is not even close to the most important thing when you get the analysis right.

greenr 
london/england

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra charts, NinjaTrader, VK Trader
Broker: CQG, AMP, VK, Kinetick
Trading: CL/6E/TF/ES
Thanks Given: 562
Thanks Received: 1,280

Steven Smith View Post
I choose short time trading because short time trading is so much profitable,
that's why i take short time trade for scalping and scalping is so much profitable strategy
and also so much proven strategy but it is also truer that short time trading also a risky trading style.

Not a lot of people make consistent money scalping or day trading though

One of the hardest most risky forums of trading

But yes.....nice profits can be made. If you can beat the very hard odds

" I will follow my rules, I will take my stops, I will be disciplined and i will work with the market....NOT AGAINST IT! Professional mind control is the key"

madLyfe 
Des Moines, Iowa

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja, TOS
Broker: AMP/CQG, TOS
Trading: CL, TF, GC
Thanks Given: 9,220
Thanks Received: 1,020

indextrader7 View Post
3D Trading
I've been a fan of three-dimensional trading for quite some time. 3D trading involves using three different timeframes such as the combination of 30min, 5min, and 1min charts.

There's a few ways to do it to suit your own style, but since I'm a Price Action guy... I'll show you how I do it.

I take a top down approach. Start with the longest time frame.

Long term chart - 30 minute chart

This is the chart I use to look for significant levels in price. It shows the history of the battles between bulls and bears. It shows emotional inflection points where more people are likely involved. Regardless of what the reason behind it may be, it shows support and resistance levels that I care about.

Here we can see CL action from today. We'll make an example of what price did as it entered the support level that price had reacted to four times prevously (blue boxes).

Now we go to our main trading timeframe, the 5min chart.

We're looking to see what price does as it enters this support level. We can see that, on this timeframe, price forms a three-bar stall at the level. There are also some longer wicks to the downside, which generally signal strong buying stepping in. OK, we found a significant level on the higher timeframe, and we've confirmed that we're getting a stall here on our trading timeframe. Let's look to the lower timeframe to get a microscopic view of the price action.

We're now viewing the lower timeframe (1 minute chart here).

We first have a strong push down into and slightly past the level. Buyers step in and price isn't able to maintain below. The bears step in and again, and we get to see what they've got. As you can see from the arrows, the second push down was super weak relative to the first, and price again came back up above the level. You can choose an exact entry however you like; the precise entry is not even close to the most important thing when you get the analysis right.

cant say much more, but i like reading posts like this.. hope you post more like this in the future!(if this is how you are trading currently)

dont believe anything you hear and only half of what you see

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

wrbtrader 
South France, Chicago U.S.A, Quebec Canada

Platform: X-Trader, CQG, InfinityAT
Trading: Emini ES, Emini RTY (TF), Crude CL, Eurex DAX, Euronext CAC40, EuroFX 6E, and Hang Seng HSI
Thanks Given: 125
Thanks Received: 61

What happen to indextrader7 ?

He stopped posting with no notification and his blog is no longer updated.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,171
Thanks Received: 6,018

wrbtrader View Post
What happen to indextrader7 ?

He stopped posting with no notification and his blog is no longer updated.

Hi fellow compatriote,

Follow this link ( clickme) and you'll get the answer to your question.

wrbtrader 
South France, Chicago U.S.A, Quebec Canada

Platform: X-Trader, CQG, InfinityAT
Trading: Emini ES, Emini RTY (TF), Crude CL, Eurex DAX, Euronext CAC40, EuroFX 6E, and Hang Seng HSI
Thanks Given: 125
Thanks Received: 61

trendisyourfriend View Post
Hi fellow compatriote,

Follow this link ( clickme) and you'll get the answer to your question.

Thanks

I didn't realize he had another trade journal elsewhere here at nexusfi.com (formerly BMT). Yet, I did know he had trade journals at different forums and that he was trying very hard to keep all of them updated. Just a little odd to be all over the place like that instead of having just one journal at one forum.

I wish him the best.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 9, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts