NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Short term TF trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one indextrader7 with 449 posts (941 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 36 posts (46 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Victory Trader with 26 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cmmichaels with 21 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one SteveH with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two indextrader7 with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Traderwolf with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 josh with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 140,103 views
    2. thumb_up 1,209 thanks given
    3. group 90 followers
    1. forum 797 posts
    2. attach_file 283 attachments

Search this Thread

Short term TF trading

cmmichaels 
London England

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Metatrader
Trading: Spot $
Thanks Given: 1,081
Thanks Received: 149

indextrader7 View Post
Pretty good day today. Happy with it given the conditions today. I have switched platforms over to multi charts, and tomorrow will be our first day trading live with it. Problems with NT today put a nail in that coffin. So far, I think I may like multicharts better than ninja. I like discretionary entry with partially automated exits, and it's a breeze with MC.

first trade was a beaut. 2nd one was the wrong side to be on, but managed well. 3rd trade I was too quick to move stop to breakeven and ended up missing the exact move I was looking for.

Hey man thanks as always for sharing the above and congrats on a great trading day. Just wondering I can see clearly why you took the last 2 trades but the first I can understand the logic but looking at the action the selling actually looked more aggressive than the buying with long tails absorbing all the strength. Looking at the structure you had a big aggressive move down then price was making higher lows so strength coming back in but had got quickly rejected before it could get above the previous major swing high. Can I ask what made you confident long was the trade to go with? To me looking at it and being honest with myself I think I would have looked at that as a more complex pullback continuation of the downtrend. I know you have excellent trade management so your entry was good anyway and I'm sure if it showed you that it was an incorrect trade you would have been out with a minimal loss. What I find interesting looking at this chart is it does seem to me that the hardest trades to place sometimes are the best that is what I am finding with my trading at the moment.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Here's how I see it:

Yes, the push down from A to B, certainly strong bearish move. As we pull back to C, we're looking to get short and follow that strength to the downside.

The problem is that as we attempt to push lower heading down to D, buyers step in and we aren't even able to get down to the lows of the previous swing low B. Not only that, but buyers now push price up strongly to E. We've now printed a higher low and a higher high.

As we swing down to F, momentum slows, and offers a textbook entry.

I hope that makes sense.

cmmichaels 
London England

indextrader7 View Post

Here's how I see it:

Yes, the push down from A to B, certainly strong bearish move. As we pull back to C, we're looking to get short and follow that strength to the downside.

The problem is that as we attempt to push lower heading down to D, buyers step in and we aren't even able to get down to the lows of the previous swing low B. Not only that, but buyers now push price up strongly to E. We've now printed a higher low and a higher high.

As we swing down to F, momentum slows, and offers a textbook entry.

I hope that makes sense.

It makes perfect sense thank you for taking the time to do such a detailed analysis. I would definitely have been looking at the fact that it was failing to make new lows which I suppose should have overridden any other nuances (like the selling tails) and given me the sign that strength was coming back into the market.

Thanks again.

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

To me, today was frustrating. CL was much slower than usual due to the circumstances with the hurricane.

I love trading. I love the challenges, the tough decisions, the emotions, the game.

Still made money though (21 ticks). Which is a good thing.

greenr 
london/england

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra charts, NinjaTrader, VK Trader
Broker: CQG, AMP, VK, Kinetick
Trading: CL/6E/TF/ES
Thanks Given: 562
Thanks Received: 1,280

indextrader7 View Post
To me, today was frustrating. CL was much slower than usual due to the circumstances with the hurricane.

I love trading. I love the challenges, the tough decisions, the emotions, the game.

Hey, how did you find mulit charts today?

Ninja Trader is wearing me thin too latley

" I will follow my rules, I will take my stops, I will be disciplined and i will work with the market....NOT AGAINST IT! Professional mind control is the key"
 indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

greenr View Post
Hey, how did you find mulit charts today?

Ninja Trader is wearing me thin too latley

LOVE IT. I'm (almost) happy all this happened. Else I would not have tried anything else and known the difference.

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

indextrader7 View Post
LOVE IT. I'm (almost) happy all this happened. Else I would not have tried anything else and known the difference.

When you get tired of MC, try Sierra.

Congrats on your recent success by the way!

Thanked by:
 cmmichaels 
London England

indextrader7 View Post

Great stuff my man thanks for this, I love how your biggest trade of the day was when you reversed your position bias completely changed took the loss and got in the opposite side. Masterful trading.

What are you using as your short and long term charts these days?

I know you've studied Beggs as well have you read any Al Brooks?

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

cmmichaels View Post
Great stuff my man thanks for this, I love how your biggest trade of the day was when you reversed your position bias completely changed took the loss and got in the opposite side. Masterful trading.

What are you using as your short and long term charts these days?

I know you've studied Beggs as well have you read any Al Brooks?

Long term mainly stays on 3min, but I'll glance at a 30min a few times a day. mid term is the 250tick, and I look at the 2range for lower timeframe.

I've never read anything from Brooks, but I know a lot of people like it.

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

josh View Post
When you get tired of MC, try Sierra.

Congrats on your recent success by the way!

Thank you Josh. Really.

Tell me more about Sierra, why is it so much better for you?

Last Updated on June 9, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts