NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Short term TF trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one indextrader7 with 449 posts (941 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 36 posts (46 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Victory Trader with 26 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cmmichaels with 21 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one SteveH with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two indextrader7 with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Traderwolf with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 josh with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 140,103 views
    2. thumb_up 1,209 thanks given
    3. group 90 followers
    1. forum 797 posts
    2. attach_file 283 attachments

Search this Thread

Short term TF trading

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Pullback entry long here. Stop below the entry candle. Will take 1/2 off at prev SH, then manage rest.

Stopped out on this trade. Looking for re-entry on a good 250tick candle.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Actually a s/r level to trade off of this time, and a nice R:R

Stopped out. 11:33

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

indextrader7 View Post
I'm having a cow over here. Haven't had internet since I returned from my vacation on June 26. They're having to run an entire new line now. The company (Brighthouse) has really really poorly managed this from the moment I called in on the 26th.

I am on a first-name basis here at Starbucks though.

I had a three month internet nightmare late last year, and the solution was to run a new line. I had some similar problems a week ago but thankfully they only lasted about three days. A reliable internet connection is the most basic requirement for the type of trading we do; if it's unreliable, the mind can't focus on what it needs to.

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

indextrader7 View Post

Actually a s/r level to trade off of this time, and a nice R:R

Stopped out. 11:33

You may simply be late to the game ... an early afternoon runup may occur, but the real money was off the low, and even off the first rotation, but now it's had several pushes up, and it's at a level that has attracted real sellers. Easy to buy now, which means it probably won't pay off. Hard for many to buy at the low, and as a result it's where the real reward was. But as always, anything can happen.

Thanked by:
 indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Stopped at BE. Can't get a decent leg.

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

yeeehawwww out at +25 ticks

Brings me to up a few hundred on the day, and I'm hungry. Adios my friends.

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,171
Thanks Received: 6,018

indextrader7 View Post
I'm having a cow over here. ....

Pardon my english ignorance but what does having a cow mean? At first, i thought a cow had eaten your internet cable but i am sure it means something else

Thanked by:
 indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Got caught early on trying to enter on a pullback that simply had farther down to go than I expected. I even allowed the combination of a few losers in a row, and a comment about sellers in the area convince me to take a short trade, which I managed to get out at breakeven. Then the pullback was complete, shorts were trapped, and it provided the fuel for the trade I'd been waiting for the whole time. You really don't need to be right that much to make money in this game.

Rad4633 
Greensboro NC

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TOS/ NT Dorman
Trading: ES TF CL
Thanks Given: 2,657
Thanks Received: 894

josh View Post
You may simply be late to the game ... an early afternoon runup may occur, but the real money was off the low, and even off the first rotation, but now it's had several pushes up, and it's at a level that has attracted real sellers. Easy to buy now, which means it probably won't pay off. Hard for many to buy at the low, and as a result it's where the real reward was. But as always, anything can happen.

Josh, I know what you mean but what do you look at to buy at the bottom. Exhaustion, confluence,prior res, retest strength????Curious how another trader sees it bc I just guess for it sorta

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

indextrader7 View Post
Got caught early on trying to enter on a pullback that simply had farther down to go than I expected. I even allowed the combination of a few losers in a row, and a comment about sellers in the area convince me to take a short trade, which I managed to get out at breakeven. Then the pullback was complete, shorts were trapped, and it provided the fuel for the trade I'd been waiting for the whole time. You really don't need to be right that much to make money in this game.

Way to get back on the train. One lesson I suppose is, don't listen to the opinions of others I never put any weight on what anyone else says about a trade idea, whether it's agreeing or disagreeing with my own. I was very wrong about a long being too late here, but I certainly didn't short it there, thus my being wrong didn't cost me a dime; I was a bit surprised when you shorted. At least I expected a bit of rotation and chop, but it just kept going. The important thing is that you don't try to fight it, and got out of your short. Reversing to long was a nice bonus.

By the way IT, I wanted to thank you for inspiring me with your nice spreadsheet stats to create my own robust sheet. Since I started tracking things this way in late June I have had very good results, and I attribute much of that to your insistence that I create my own spreadsheet, which I did and have learned so much in the process. True what you say about being right -- as these stats show, I am only 40% right, but have a 17% return with a -6.8% drawdown since late June. Knowing objectively how I'm doing, with a focus on risk, has been a huge part of keeping me focused on not just the raw P/L, which is really only a small part of how we are actually doing.

I strongly recommend anyone who's struggling to create your own spreadsheet to monitor your risk-adjusted performance!!! IT7 motivated me to do this, and I hope you take his lead and do it as I have done.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 9, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts