NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Short term TF trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one indextrader7 with 449 posts (941 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 36 posts (46 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Victory Trader with 26 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cmmichaels with 21 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one SteveH with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two indextrader7 with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Traderwolf with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 josh with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 140,103 views
    2. thumb_up 1,209 thanks given
    3. group 90 followers
    1. forum 797 posts
    2. attach_file 283 attachments

Search this Thread

Short term TF trading

Boomer34 
Georgia, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TOS
Broker: TOS
Trading: SPX
Thanks Given: 74
Thanks Received: 57

What size tick charts are you guys using on the TF (if you are a tick guy)?

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
toucan94506
danville ca usa

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 41

Boomer34 View Post
What size tick charts are you guys using on the TF (if you are a tick guy)?

I just switched from 400 to 300 ticks for trading TF

cheers

toucan

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Yesterday was by far the worst trading day I've had since I began full time in February. -$2660 down for the day. I had battled back from being down and was up a few hundred, despite my many mistakes and horrendous trades throughout the day, then I let a 4 contract position go way way way way against me for a massive loss. I'm quite shell-shocked to be honest. I'll be posting a review and trying to get to the bottom of this. I really thought I was past being capable of doing something like this. Disturbing.

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

indextrader7 View Post
Yesterday was by far the worst trading day I've had since I began full time in February. -$2660 down for the day. I had battled back from being down and was up a few hundred, despite my many mistakes and horrendous trades throughout the day, then I let a 4 contract position go way way way way against me for a massive loss. I'm quite shell-shocked to be honest. I'll be posting a review and trying to get to the bottom of this. I really thought I was past being capable of doing something like this. Disturbing.

It takes guts and character to post about a large loss like that. I respect you very much for that reason. We have all had huge losers at some point most likely, I know I sure have. That does not make you a poor trader, it just reminds you of your humanity. Get back in the saddle, and don't try to make it all back in one trade. Have a max loss per trade rule, and as hard as it might be, once that's done the lesson's learned, and try to forget it ever happened.

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

As I said earlier. I did some really really bad things yesterday, and I'm pretty sick over it. Here is part one of recapping the trades made.

Screenr - indextrader7: 6-12 Trade Recap (Part One)

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Screenr - indextrader7: Trade Recap 6-12-12 (Part Two)

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Screenr - indextrader7: 6-12-12 Trade Recap (Part Three)

mstier 
San Francisco

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: In house
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 55
Thanks Received: 24

Well sir, that's definitely a rough one. My thought was that sometimes our strengths can become weaknesses at times.

PS sorry if I bothered anyone with my comment yesterday.

michalmalec
London, UK

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 0

Hello Indextrader7

Thanks for your thread, it's very good. I am new to this forum.

Thanks for yesterday report. you are very honest. We all can learn from it. Especially part 3 video.

I am not somebody who can give you any advice about trading, because i am not so good as you are, but
stay positive and learn from it, in the end it's only 2 600 $, that's not bad for such a lesson.
Think about it as an education. Maybe you can print that last trade and put it above your computer to
remind you to stick with your rules and plan. I have experienced similar thing in my very short trading history

I do have a technical question, if you don't mind to answer?

I did read whole thread and i quite like it, i started to experiment with tick charts this week, just watching them,
not trading from them yet, but i do have a following problem.
I use CQG data, but when i open a tick chart (200 tick) at the start of the session and when i reload that same chart in the end of the session, bars look a little bit different, It is usually good for first two trading hours and then it starts to change a bit, it seems that i am loosing ticks somewhere or i don't know.
I use CQG data and ninjatrader. It looks, that charts in realtime look different from a backfill for the same session, this happens especially when the market is volatile. Can you help me with this, what am i doing wrong?
bad data provider? lag in internet connection? or? What data provider do you use?
Thanks for answer. Hope you don't mind.

Thanks againg for everything and sorry for my english, i am not a native speaker so it's very simple.

Good luck and stay disciplined

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

mstier View Post
Well sir, that's definitely a rough one. My thought was that sometimes our strengths can become weaknesses at times.

PS sorry if I bothered anyone with my comment yesterday.

You certainly didn't bother me. This is, afterall, a journal thread. I enjoy having people on and posting trade ideas and such, if it's for the benefit of others learning. I would prefer for people to put reasoning behind things if they're going to do so, so we can all learn from each other's thought process.

Tell me what you mean when you say your thought was our strengths can become weaknesses at times?

Last Updated on June 9, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts