NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Short term TF trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one indextrader7 with 449 posts (941 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 36 posts (46 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Victory Trader with 26 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cmmichaels with 21 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one SteveH with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two indextrader7 with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Traderwolf with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 josh with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 140,986 views
    2. thumb_up 1,209 thanks given
    3. group 90 followers
    1. forum 797 posts
    2. attach_file 283 attachments

Search this Thread

Short term TF trading

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Buenos dias.

I needed an extra day to recover after my New Orleans bachelor party weekend, so I spent Sunday evening and yesterday with my mother for mother's day.

Good to be back trading today. It was also good to get away for a long weekend and not think about trading for a while (I can be obsessive about it).

I'm probably done for the day today, and will work on a trade mgmt video as requested.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
About a successful futures trader who didn´t know anyth …
Psychology and Money Management
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

As I said, I did not trade yesterday. Here's today's results. Overall decent, but I had one loser that was too big for my liking so it hurt the performance a bit. Still a profitable day.
Here are the trades today:

and here is this week's daily P/L

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Screenr - indextrader7: Trade Management

As you can see. This is REALLY not rocket science. Simply using support and resistance levels on my shorter and longer timeframe charts to find areas where there might be opposing orderflow (previous swing levels) and placing stops, as well as profit targets, that make sense - given that market structure.

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Screenr - indextrader7: Trade Management (Part 2)

cmmichaels 
London England

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Metatrader
Trading: Spot $
Thanks Given: 1,081
Thanks Received: 149

Thank you so much for this thread and all the videos and time you have put in, I have read so many books and threads and journals this is easily one of the best things I have come across since I started.

Thank you!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Makes me very happy and satisfied to see that my work here is helping some people. Good stuff.

Positive on the day.
Here's the trades today (a good many small winners because I kept going for larger profits and the markets were chopping around not giving it up)

And the daily P/L for the week (didn't trade Monday)

Overall, for me, this was one of those really rough/difficult trading days, but I stayed in the right mindset and was able to walk away slightly profitable. So today is actually a big win day.

catdriver 
Hot Springs, Arkansas

Experience: Beginner
Platform: ninja
Broker: optimus
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 234
Thanks Received: 41

Hi IT7,

First off, great journal,

it's nice to see a pure (my definition) trader doing it and doing it well.
I'd like to echo @cmmichaels post and say that i hope your videos and time posting
is helping you as much is it is us

Secondly, i'd like to request that on your next daily recap, you go over your entry's
and which chart (2 range or 250 tick) do you use for them primarily, or is it a heat of
the battle, seat of your pants type thing.

Looking back on a few of your videos, i see your entry's are sometimes little double
tops (bottoms) on the range chart or they could be price action related on the 250tick.

...just wondering and once again from one SEC'r to another, thanks

Mike

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

catdriver View Post
Hi IT7,

First off, great journal,

it's nice to see a pure (my definition) trader doing it and doing it well.
I'd like to echo @cmmichaels post and say that i hope your videos and time posting
is helping you as much is it is us

Secondly, i'd like to request that on your next daily recap, you go over your entry's
and which chart (2 range or 250 tick) do you use for them primarily, or is it a heat of
the battle, seat of your pants type thing.

Looking back on a few of your videos, i see your entry's are sometimes little double
tops (bottoms) on the range chart or they could be price action related on the 250tick.

...just wondering and once again from one SEC'r to another, thanks

Mike

Doing this has been helpful to me too. I think the biggest way is that it causes me to clarify/quantify my own (often subconscious) methods when people ask me how I do this or that.

I can go over entries, sure.

You're on to something there about the multiple timeframes. Often times a price action pattern on a smaller timeframe will simply be a candlestick pattern (a hammer for example) on the longer timeframe. Once you really get used to price action and multiple timeframes, you almost see them all regardless of which one you're looking at.

I'll do my best to be more aware of what I'm looking at when I make decisions and bring that to a video for you. Just thinking about it now, I can say for sure it's very situational. For example if we're in a very fast trend, I'll be watching the shorter timeframe for small pullbacks which barely even print on the 250 tick. When price reaches levels of support/resistance, I often look to the lower timeframe to see how price is reacting to the level.

In any good trade, I'm fading weakness. More times than not it's a bad trade if I'm chasing strength. That's really the whole deal.

cmmichaels 
London England

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Metatrader
Trading: Spot $
Thanks Given: 1,081
Thanks Received: 149

IT7 I have another quick question as well if you don't mind me asking, you say you only started trading full time in Feb. How did you find trading around a job it is quite tricky I can at least trade the last 4 hours of the US I'm over in the UK. Were you still trading this way just around your day job?

Thanks again.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

cmmichaels View Post
IT7 I have another quick question as well if you don't mind me asking, you say you only started trading full time in Feb. How did you find trading around a job it is quite tricky I can at least trade the last 4 hours of the US I'm over in the UK. Were you still trading this way just around your day job?

Thanks again.

I was a financial advisor, so I could schedule all my meetings and work after lunch.

Last Updated on June 9, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts