NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Short term TF trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one indextrader7 with 449 posts (941 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 36 posts (46 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Victory Trader with 26 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 cmmichaels with 21 posts (16 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one SteveH with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two indextrader7 with 2.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Traderwolf with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 josh with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 140,164 views
    2. thumb_up 1,209 thanks given
    3. group 90 followers
    1. forum 797 posts
    2. attach_file 283 attachments

Search this Thread

Short term TF trading

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Telechart was pretty sweet. This was huge, to realize that I can see a trade on one timeframe and make a mistake of trying to trade that "bias" or signal on another timeframe... doesn't work.

I wonder how many "welcome to a new era in your trading" moments I've been through, and blown up an account right after it or at least done really bad.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

What a system! All that needs to happen is... trade with an existing trending market, find the support and resistance and trendlines, find a pattern, make sure the MACD is in the right condition, look at the recent series of moves in 3 different indicators and check for divergence in them, look at volume and patterns in it, then find the candlestick reversal pattern.

Probably make sure the moon is in a waning crescent too.

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

So now I'm a market wizard and am calling "3 months of bear market" man, I must have been a child stock market prodigy.

haha, It's funny to see what I thought I knew when I was really green behind the ears.

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Ahhh.... the onset of a string of losers. "this is hard as hell" I say. Yep, true.

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Here I'm noting that I still have a big need for some type of methodology to work from, a plan to trade. Demanding that I start entering reasoning for trades or use some type of checklist. This was always a real struggle for me, not taking whim trades. Actually it still is to this day, I just do it much less often as I don't enjoy burning money.

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

2-27-2007 My first real taste of a massive drop in the overall markets, and being fully loaded in positions when it happens. Learned how the rising/lowering tide lifts/lowers most boats. I was shell shocked to say the least. Immediately felt a need to scramble for some other method to profit in such conditions.

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

The frustration during a volatile time continues. There was definitely a feeling that I had to FORCE the trades onto the market, standing aside was never an option. BUT IT ALWAYS IS. Especially when we're not equipped to deal with a situation. Then again, having the real money at stake, and the real emotions involved, was some good tuition for me. Hard to say.

indextrader7 
Birmingham, AL

Remember how before I was saying, "yeah... let's find the huge spikes and trade those! big $$$ baby" Well, here's my reaction to giving that a whirl for a while.

Last Updated on June 9, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts