NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Just A Dollar And A Dream

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one druM3 with 26 posts (30 thanks)
    2. looks_two ThatManFromTexas with 3 posts (8 thanks)
    3. looks_3 elosteve with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 12,740 views
    2. thumb_up 38 thanks given
    3. group 10 followers
    1. forum 36 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments

Search this Thread

Just A Dollar And A Dream

elosteve
essex, uk

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 0

cool set up dru, about time that pic of your nipper had a frame round it though. lol.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

ThatManFromTexas 
Houston,Tx

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 1,206
Thanks Received: 4,350

druM3 View Post

..... i reduced the target to 5 ticks due to some observations i have been making. When my patterns appear the market tends to make at least one full bar after the fill so essentially that is 5 ticks - kinda makes sense but then you have no chance of benefiting from the larger runs.

Your theory is correct.

Attached is a spreadsheet of results from a test I did last week on TF, trading with 5 tick range bars.

The "NT" column is the results per trade of trying for the long run.

The column "Target" is the results per trade with a set target.

The cell labeled "ticks" sets the target in ticks.

There is a blank template worksheet with all the formulas if you need it.

The cells labeled "NO Target" and "Set Target" are set to calculate $10 per tick for TF. The formulas for those two cells would need to be edited to reflect 6E .

You need a consistent methodology for exiting a long run for this to be effective. Once you enter the data you can test different target sizes to see the results vs targets.

Earlier in the Month, there were strong trending days and long runs had a good showing, but I was surprised how well a 10 or 15 tick target did in comparison.

I'm just a simple man trading a simple plan.

My daddy always said, "Every day above ground is a good day!"
Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: EMA8_April_2012_MS.xls
Thanked by:

druM3 
belfast, UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader 7 / TOS
Broker: Amp
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 33

ThatManFromTexas View Post
Your theory is correct.

Attached is a spreadsheet of results from a test I did last week on TF, trading with 5 tick range bars.

The cells labeled "NO Target" and "Set Target" are set to calculate $10 per tick for TF. The formulas for those two cells would need to be edited to reflect 6E .

You need a consistent methodology for exiting a long run for this to be effective. Once you enter the data you can test different target sizes to see the results vs targets.

Earlier in the Month, there were strong trending days and long runs had a good showing, but I was surprised how well a 10 or 15 tick target did in comparison.

Hi M8

Thanks for this! Ill get a good look at it olater :-)

"Just A Dollar And A Dream"
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

druM3 
belfast, UK

elosteve View Post
cool set up dru, about time that pic of your nipper had a frame round it though. lol.

Very good Steve LMAO

I dont even know why thats still up there lol I have nice new canvases that need put up!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

druM3 
belfast, UK

Your theory is correct.

Id love to chat to you about this maybe on skype if you fancy it :-) PM me if you want to!!!

Thx Again

druM3 
belfast, UK

Very slow this morning lol not surprised with it being bank holiday galore all over the place lol!

Managed to squeese out +22 - hopefully this afternoon will be a bit better.

Thanked by:

BobbyJ 
Orlando Florida

Trading: 6e, ZN, ES
Thanks Given: 58
Thanks Received: 3

Your theory is correct.

@ThatManFromTexas

Thanks for the spreadsheet. Its definitely helping me revise my use of targets. On a side note, did you notice that your first trade at the open of the market each day was a winner (6 for 6) with a minimum gain of 15 and median of 24. BTW, I'm sure it is fair to collect a 5% royalties on those trades!

ThatManFromTexas 
Houston,Tx

Experience: Advanced
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 1,206
Thanks Received: 4,350

druM3 View Post
Id love to chat to you about this maybe on skype if you fancy it :-) PM me if you want to!!!

Thx Again

I have a loss of hearing ( Did I mention I am old and decrepit?) that makes it awkward to skype... my answers don't always match the questions...

But obviously a lot of traders have that problem on here because... every time I say something they say..."What the Bloody Hell did he just say..." But then again... that may have more to do with my Texas "Twang" accent....

BobbyJ View Post
@ThatManFromTexas

Thanks for the spreadsheet. Its definitely helping me revise my use of targets. On a side note, did you notice that your first trade at the open of the market each day was a winner (6 for 6) with a minimum gain of 15 and median of 24. BTW, I'm sure it is fair to collect a 5% royalties on those trades!

Once you collect enough data , you can drill down to all kinds of info you don't notice when trading.

I find that running the stats builds confidence in a trading plan....

I'm just a simple man trading a simple plan.

My daddy always said, "Every day above ground is a good day!"

druM3 
belfast, UK

I have a loss of hearing ( Did I mention I am old and decrepit?) that makes it awkward to skype... my answers don't always match the questions...

But obviously a lot of traders have that problem on here because... every time I say something they say..."What the Bloody Hell did he just say..." But then again... that may have more to do with my Texas "Twang" accent....

Once you collect enough data , you can drill down to all kinds of info you don't notice when trading.

I find that running the stats builds confidence in a trading plan....

LOL ok fair enough! Finished nicely today on 66 ticks! Not bad considering the euro is being a complete numpty at the minute! Heading to London at 645am in the morning so no trading for a few days! Ill be having withdrawl symptoms but then again im going to meet traders so we will probably end up with a laptop open at some stage lol

I can officailly say i love trading - boooooooooooom

elosteve
essex, uk

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 0

I notice earlier in the thread you mentioned having a 5 min chart as well as your M2 Dru, do you just use a standard 5 min chart for this or do you set that up as a CRB chart please, also do you have any indis on this longer term chart such as osma, macd etc? cheers.

Last Updated on July 2, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts