NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Need a study that combines several tickers into a single plot

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one the1target with 7 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two TimeTrade with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 wldman with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Fat Tails with 1 posts (2 thanks)
    1. trending_up 5,141 views
    2. thumb_up 3 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 13 posts
    2. attach_file 4 attachments

Search this Thread

Need a study that combines several tickers into a single plot

wldman 
Chicago Illinois USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Broker: IB, ToS
Trading: /ES, US Equities/Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,047
Thanks Received: 9,513

the1target View Post
Widman
There are two charts at work here. Both of them are contrarian in nature and thus have a generally inverse relationship with the TF, ES, NQ, and YM that I trade. One of the charts uses typically contrarian, but actually traded vehicles; ZN, DX, VXX, etc. The other formula is designed to show me the vix metrics of major equities such as the vix for AAPL, vix for GS, and several others. . As i don't day trade equites only futures, these are extremely good "tickers" to show me the intraday fear/vix of a good representation of significant market players when added together. Again, I don't care about them individually, only the overall picture of the market they represent and have taught this to the members of our trading group.

Over my career I have worked with every study out there and, in all honesty, I have found that the market itself is the best indicator. Therefore, I created these two formulas as two of the four internals that I use. I would be happy to make a video for the group with more detail and explanation should anyone be interested.

for that response.

I am interested in learning from your approach. I especially like the combination or creation of a specific internal measure based on the products you trade. IMO you have an elegant approach that on the surface might seem "lost path sophisticated" to the untrained or inexperienced, but I suspect that you might describe it as fundamental and straight forward.

Two ideas on a similar tree that have been on my mind are 1) the typical "risk on" versus "risk off" trade where the various elements would be included/combined to create a single chart. Not that it needs to be normalized but I would view that similar to the way the equity risk arb guys look at their "pairs" chart. This would I believe be the "inverse" view that you mention. 2) as a metric for price pressure as to avoid those valid method trade signals that occur at a time when the underlying "price pressure" is absent undermining the risk/reward to the point of blocking the trade or creating an over ride "no trade" situation.

I realize my hallucination poster in two short paragraphs might not set the table, but I will be following here and very interested.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
 the1target 
St. Louis

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Kinetick, Mirus Futures
Trading: TF, YM, NQ, GC, CL, 6E

I think using the last known number in the calq is fine as the items used in this method move readily. And since this is used as an indicator, if there was no change, then the last number printed is still the accurate number to have in the formula. I see no reason to make the code more complicated than need be. Variant A seems to work fine for me.

Started this thread Reply With Quote
 TimeTrade 
Erfurt Germany

Experience: Master
Platform: rtMagic, NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG, IAB
Trading: ES, 6E, FDAX, FGBL
Thanks Given: 54
Thanks Received: 461

the1target View Post
I think using the last known number in the calq is fine as the items used in this method move readily. And since this is used as an indicator, if there was no change, then the last number printed is still the accurate number to have in the formula. I see no reason to make the code more complicated than need be. Variant A seems to work fine for me.

YES, its can work now and is shortly tested with good breakout results for weighted correlated markets...

- full tick syncronized with any (intraday tickbased) BaseChartType
- up to 8 expression symbols
- optional weight factors per symbol
- optional "1/x" function per symbol
- up to 7 useable math functions (4 pairs, 2 pair groups, 1 group result)
- 8 selectable math operators/term functions (opAdd,opSub,opMul,opDiv,setZero,setOne,useLeft(Term),useRight(Term)
- can draw as Candle/OHLC/Line
- has a selectable dataseries as output for any other indicators/strategies

The actual BAD news: the speed for normal work need currently a use of a undocumented non public access method to NT7 bar series tick caches, on this time useable and only created with a special bartype addon.

-> i well continue work on a free and open useable version !

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	t4tMultiSymExpr1.png
Views:	181
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	70089   Click image for larger version

Name:	t4tMultiSymExpr2.png
Views:	183
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	70090   Click image for larger version

Name:	t4tMultiSymExpr3.png
Views:	182
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	70091  
 the1target 
St. Louis

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Kinetick, Mirus Futures
Trading: TF, YM, NQ, GC, CL, 6E

Looks like an excellent start!

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Last Updated on April 17, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts