NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TT TradingTechnologies

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SMCJB with 24 posts (43 thanks)
    2. looks_two torroray with 9 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 addchild with 6 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 sakisf with 6 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Scalpguy with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mongoose with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SMCJB with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 addchild with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 24,090 views
    2. thumb_up 96 thanks given
    3. group 19 followers
    1. forum 88 posts
    2. attach_file 15 attachments

Search this Thread

TT TradingTechnologies

sakisf 
Athens, Greece

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TTWeb
Broker: Amp/TT
Trading: E-mini ES, NQ, RTY, Currencies
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 23

Fryer View Post
Part of the issue was, I saw open positions, when i was not trading while I was at work, and contacted Amp to flatten them......somehow that opened new positions in the opposite direction. Anyway, it is what it is. I feel like the more I plead my case the worse things get. I have taken big losses, but its hard to accept them when you did not make them. Thanks for your input. I was not on TT by the way, but Sierra with their order routing.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Had the same issue. Closed Monday with -440 realized, only left a short 6B position open. Woke up Tuesday with -2k in open orders, but in my case Amp support told me to liquidate if in doubt (which probably opened positions all over the other side). Tuesday afternoon I had other orders opened and didn't touch them, was -6k at this point. Some time later more orders opened and flattened and Thursday morning I received a statement from Amp with 3x the losses I had when I closed on Monday (several liquidation fees, commissions etc added). Amp did not provide a helpful reply yet on how this matter will be dealt. TT neither. I am with TT's trader, not Sierra. Also can't trade since then

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
The Program
17 thanks

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,375
Thanks Received: 10,192

Sorry @sakisf. TT creates a trade log, and I think a full order log, which you can download from their portal. Have you tried doing that and reconciling to what you believe to be correct? I have no idea what I would do if something like this happened to me. I do hundreds of trades a day. It would be extremely difficult to reconcile if that trade log was somehow incorrect.

Let me be the first to say, as far as I know nothing like this ever happened with XTrader in its 26 years!

Thanked by:

snax 
Chicago, IL
Legendary Price Action Student

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Edge Clear
Trading: MES
Thanks Given: 9,612
Thanks Received: 9,622

Since a few here are posting about the recent TT outage affecting the Sierra Chart Order-Routing service, I thought I'd share this post from the SC engineering team on their support board from Tuesday, Februrary 16:

Quoting 
We will make an announcement later today with what we plan to do to avoid this issue in the future. Short answer is we are close to releasing our our own direct CME order routing and we will make a priority to get this finished. We have to put TT behind us as quickly as possible.

And yes we know we are slow with getting this out, but the testing procedure through the CME was not an easy thing to go through and we have to go through it again because the first test was through their test environment and not certification. And we also have other priorities.

We have made a lot of major accomplishments with Sierra Chart in the last year none of which are very easy. We do work very very hard with getting things done.

We will do our best to get our direct CME routing out in about 60 days.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.

@Fryer, @sakisf, for clarification are these issues SC platform issues, which uses TT order routing, or are they TT platform issues?

sakisf 
Athens, Greece

@SMCJB for me it was with TT (desktop chrome-based version) for @Fryer it was with Sierra.

Seems like trading is now restored with TT platform. For any losses caused by the incident I guess we are out of luck according to the clause we accepted with TT.

Thanked by:

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

@sakisf I think there's a clause like that in most software, which is one of the reasons I'm surprised that the Ninja situation seems to have been sorted out so cleanly. Do you have a link to the "Full Report" I can't follow it from the image you posted.

Anyway my current situation with TT this afternoon.
Fills displayed in the Fills widget do not add up to the positions in the Position Widget.
Positions displayed in the Positions widget do not equal Positions shown in the Order and Fills Widget.

While Fills displayed in the Fills widget do equal Fills shown in the Order and Fills Widget, and the Fills shown do add up to the Position shown in the in the Order and Fills Widget I believe all three of those are wrong and what is show in the Positions Widget is actually correct. I know for sure that the Fills Widget and the Orders and Fills Widget are both missing positions.

Finally I just checked the fills file available on the download portal and that looks correct which is reassuring. So worst case scenario I can always refer to that.
I suspect this will eventually fall into "we cannot reproduce the error" category and hence the ticket will be close with "Resolution: Fixed".

Thanked by:
 sakisf 
Athens, Greece

@SMCJB, here's the link to the report: https://info.ampfutures.com/hubfs/Feb_2021_CME_OrderRouting_and_OrderManagement_Issue.pdf

My fills and orders added up in both widgets, I even see their results under Trade Analytics too, with the exception I did not open any of them. I only closed some of the ghost orders after receiving the green light from Amp support (they actually said liquidate and dispute them on the statement as the loss shown in Positions widget was at the time 5x the actual loss for the day) so I guess it opened opposite orders - by that time there was no warning received not to do so. Then I had several orders opened and closed minutes/hours later by the risk manager, somehow some of them reduced the total reported loss (at some point the unrealized loss was exceeding my account size while maintenance margin was 4x that).

I sent them everything, screenshots, fill reports etc. and I only received generic replies pointing me to the status page of TT and Amp announcements. Neither Amp/TT responded to my mails / tickets about the additional losses I incurred because of their problems, so I am not gonna bother further, at least I got out without owing them anything

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

@sakisf that's awful. If they told you to "liquidate and dispute them on the statement" then I think you should have some recourse against them. I can see how your broker can liquidate you but I don't see how a risk manager can open a trade in your account. If they did then again I think you have some recourse against them.

@Big Mike you asked us to keep this out of the Phillips/Ninja thread. Problem is nobody is paying attention to it over here. This is appears to be very similar to the PC issue.

Thanked by:
 sakisf 
Athens, Greece

SMCJB View Post
@sakisf that's awful. If they told you to "liquidate and dispute them on the statement" then I think you should have some recourse against them. I can see how your broker can liquidate you but I don't see how a risk manager can open a trade in your account. If they did then again I think you have some recourse against them.

@Big Mike you asked us to keep this out of the Phillips/Ninja thread. Problem is nobody is paying attention to it over here. This is appears to be very similar to the PC issue.

I can't blame Amp on this matter as it was hours after a US holiday started and the ghost orders were opened during the market close time. The only thing I have against them is that they sent an email saying that they checked with CME and that any positions on my account were correct according to CME and I should trade normally. It was after this that all went to hell and their support person told me that if I see any error I should close and dispute - apparently they had no full knowledge at this time either.

^^ These were the last opened and closed positions the next day by Amp's RM. They were probably trying to offset the previous ghost orders and reduced the total loss but not to the actual position.

TT on the other hand only asked us to contact the exchange and identify/offset the ghost orders on our own

If it wasn't for the platform and the bad connectivity - lag with CQG I would have left already.

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

sakisf View Post
^^ These were the last opened and closed positions the next day by Amp's RM. They were probably trying to offset the previous ghost orders and reduced the total loss but not to the actual position.

I'm not sure what this is showing. The bottom three fills appear to be manually entered fills. What are the top three fills? I assumed that these were the trades that were being closed but their timestamp is AFTER the manual fills?

Last Updated on March 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts