NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TT TradingTechnologies

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SMCJB with 24 posts (43 thanks)
    2. looks_two torroray with 9 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 addchild with 6 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 sakisf with 6 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Scalpguy with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two SMCJB with 1.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 snax with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 addchild with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 24,793 views
    2. thumb_up 96 thanks given
    3. group 19 followers
    1. forum 88 posts
    2. attach_file 15 attachments

Search this Thread

TT TradingTechnologies

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,384
Thanks Received: 10,206

addchild View Post
Yeah, I was surprised it was GS but I imagine trading frontend/software providers aren't exactly a hot market.

I was under the impression TT was struggling. I could be completely wrong. From first hand experience working on big institutional desks (~ large energy trading desks) the bigger the rumor we were blowing up - the more money we were making. Hence who knows. Either way $500M seems like a huge amount of money for a company who appears to see their hardcore customer base continually eroding. Don't get me wrong, I think its an amazing piece of software but they charge $1500 when their competition charges a fraction of that. (Unless your talking about Bloomberg, but nobody is comparing Bloomberg to TT!)

jokertrader View Post
Probably big banks and funds will look for alternates since they don’t want their proprietary trades/data tracked

Exactly my thought

jokertrader View Post
but what happens to prop/retail who cannot afford alternatives.For autospreader/automation it is still the cheapest solution unless you want to build your own connecting to a different API

I agree again. ADL is in a league of its own. But who is paying $500M for ADL? I tried to search for what TT paid for Tickit (which is what ADL is) but can't find it. Google has become nothing but advertising. Real search barely works.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks

snax 
Chicago, IL
Legendary Price Action Student

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Edge Clear
Trading: MES
Thanks Given: 9,617
Thanks Received: 9,627

FYI, According to Edge Clear, Trading Technologies suffered an outage of their CME order-routing service Sunday evening. It appears to have been resolved at some time before 7:35PM CST Sunday evening which is when I received the all-clear email so it appears to have been brief. Not only would this affect TT users but I believe also users of the Sierra Chart Order-Routing system would have been affected, since this service in its current implementation is cross-wired to TT's CME order-routing backend.

Hopefully no one here was too badly affected.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.

Outage Sunday Night, and also on Thursday, so two in three trading days. Not what you expect from the software that used to be considered the professionals software, and the industry leader. Obviously the outage is frustrating but the lack of information is even more frustrating. In XTrader you could see when the order server or price server goes down. In new TT you can't - your orders just mysteriously disappear. Audit logs show no record of orders being cancelled. File a support ticket and you get responses like "Our engineering team was alerted of these issues and performed a failover to resolve the issue. All connections properly failed-over and customers reported the issue to be resolve. Please contact your clearing firm or the exchange to verify order status of any orders that may have been impacted by this issue.". Okay that may address that the fail-over worked but it doesn't address why things failed in the first place, why there is no record of what orders were cancelled or how we are supposed to verifty orders when there is no record of what the orders were!

Thanked by:
 addchild 
Bay Area California

Experience: None
Platform: TT T4
Broker: Phillip Capital
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 926
Thanks Received: 898

SMCJB View Post
Outage Sunday Night, and also on Thursday, so two in three trading days. Not what you expect from the software that used to be considered the professionals software, and the industry leader. Obviously the outage is frustrating but the lack of information is even more frustrating. In XTrader you could see when the order server or price server goes down. In new TT you can't - your orders just mysteriously disappear. Audit logs show no record of orders being cancelled. File a support ticket and you get responses like "Our engineering team was alerted of these issues and performed a failover to resolve the issue. All connections properly failed-over and customers reported the issue to be resolve. Please contact your clearing firm or the exchange to verify order status of any orders that may have been impacted by this issue.". Okay that may address that the fail-over worked but it doesn't address why things failed in the first place, why there is no record of what orders were cancelled or how we are supposed to verifty orders when there is no record of what the orders were!

I filed a ticket to ask a very specific question (If all day orders are set to cancel on disconnect in the event of an outage, because all my orders were cancelled), and got the exact same response. Thankfully my days with TT are numbered.

mongoose 
Chicago, IL

Experience: None
Platform: oil super computer
Trading: multiple
Thanks Given: 817
Thanks Received: 433

https://status.trade.tt/

Have seen multiple people talking about their accounts showing open positions they are unable to close.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Never seen that status page before. Thanks for link.

Not sure if this is related to the outage (don't think it is) but I am in the frustrating situation that my fills do not add up to what TT says my position is. I think this is because the fills only reflect transactions >5pm Monday while the position reflects everything >5pm Sunday. The old Holiday bug! You'd think after 4 years or whatever it is now, they could handle holidays correctly now. I mean this does happen 9 times per year. And if your thinking this should be easy to reconcile, my fills window has 309 fills in it already!

Thanked by:
 tr8er 
Europe
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: TradeNavigator, BookMap
Trading: ES, CL, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 709

SMCJB View Post
Never seen that status page before. Thanks for link.

Not sure if this is related to the outage (don't think it is) but I am in the frustrating situation that my fills do not add up to what TT says my position is. I think this is because the fills only reflect transactions >5pm Monday while the position reflects everything >5pm Sunday. The old Holiday bug! You'd think after 4 years or whatever it is now, they could handle holidays correctly now. I mean this does happen 9 times per year. And if your thinking this should be easy to reconcile, my fills window has 309 fills in it already!

This isn't a TT issue, this is called CME-protocol, so yesterday + today count as 1 tradingday (with no settlement between)

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

I do know that. My point is when I pull up a fills window it should show all the fills for todays trade date, which is all fills since 5pm Sunday. It doesn't. Hence my fills don't match my position. Position is correct. Fills record is missing fills.

If your a TT user... here's another Holiday bug for you. If you look at a chart you will see that there is a daily bar for both yesterday (Monday) and for today (Tuesday). Analytics block in ADL also sees both of these. This is wrong - its one session and should be one bar. Tonight at downtime, that Monday bar will magically disappear from both the charts and the ADL Analytics block as it becomes consumed by the Tuesday bar! So for one day charts, indicators and ADL analytics block is wrong, but it corrects itself. Bug or Feature?

Thanked by:
 tr8er 
Europe
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: TradeNavigator, BookMap
Trading: ES, CL, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 709

SMCJB View Post
I do know that. My point is when I pull up a fills window it should show all the fills for todays trade date, which is all fills since 5pm Sunday. It doesn't. Hence my fills don't match my position. Position is correct. Fills record is missing fills.

If your a TT user... here's another Holiday bug for you. If you look at a chart you will see that there is a daily bar for both yesterday (Monday) and for today (Tuesday). Analytics block in ADL also sees both of these. This is wrong - its one session and should be one bar. Tonight at downtime, that Monday bar will magically disappear from both the charts and the ADL Analytics block as it becomes consumed by the Tuesday bar! So for one day charts, indicators and ADL analytics block is wrong, but it corrects itself. Bug or Feature?

ah ok, so I missunderstood your statement, sorry. no I don't use TT, it's already a while ago that I've used it.

Thanked by:

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

CME Order Routing issues AGAIN. 3rd time in 4 days!

Last Updated on March 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts