NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TT TradingTechnologies

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SMCJB with 24 posts (43 thanks)
    2. looks_two torroray with 9 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 addchild with 6 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 sakisf with 6 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Scalpguy with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two SMCJB with 1.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 snax with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 addchild with 1.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 24,754 views
    2. thumb_up 96 thanks given
    3. group 19 followers
    1. forum 88 posts
    2. attach_file 15 attachments

Search this Thread

TT TradingTechnologies

jokertrader 
NYC, NY

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra, TT
Broker: N/A
Trading: Spread Researcher and crypto degen
Thanks Given: 545
Thanks Received: 360

I haven’t been following TT news. Does this mean the new CEO will find innovative ways to sell TT and what does that mean for us folk?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,381
Thanks Received: 10,205

I have no knowledge but that John Lothian piece makes it sound like they are trying very hard to sell it. Your probably heard the Goldman rumors (which they also reference in that piece). I never understood how that would work, who wants to run software owned and operated by a competitor. Software is hot though, probably all sorts of companies we would never think of who might be interested.

Thanked by:

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,770
Thanks Received: 18,187

I'm considering evaluating TT.

A couple of questions:

1. I have a demo account with them that I created over a year ago, but would like to demo with paper first on the platform one more time. Who could I contact about resetting my demo account?

2. I see that TT now has access to the OSE, which allows trading the mini Nikkei: https://www.tradingtechnologies.com/xtrader-help/ose-gateway/ose-gateway-and-the-exchange/exchange-information/ .. also, they have access to HKFE, where the HSI trades: https://www.tradingtechnologies.com/xtrader-help/hkex-gateway/hkex-gateway-and-the-exchange/exchange-information/ Does anyone trade either of these markets on TT, and if so, what is your experience?

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,770
Thanks Received: 18,187

@SMCJB since you are a TT user, can you comment on your experience since they made the switch from XTrader to the current model?

Alvaro_BreakAlgoTrading 
España

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Phillip Capital
Trading: NQ, CL, NG
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 15

Hello

For executions intraday I need high speed and low latency, TT is more faster than Rithmic?

Thanks

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

qsceszwasdx 
Taipei Taiwan

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TV, SC, QT
Broker: Interactive Brokers & Taiwan local brokers & AMP Futures
Trading: Stocks, Commodity & Index Futures
Thanks Given: 135
Thanks Received: 100

josh View Post

A couple of questions:

1. I have a demo account with them that I created over a year ago, but would like to demo with paper first on the platform one more time. Who could I contact about resetting my demo account?

2. I see that TT now has access to the OSE, which allows trading the mini Nikkei: https://www.tradingtechnologies.com/xtrader-help/ose-gateway/ose-gateway-and-the-exchange/exchange-information/ .. also, they have access to HKFE, where the HSI trades: https://www.tradingtechnologies.com/xtrader-help/hkex-gateway/hkex-gateway-and-the-exchange/exchange-information/ Does anyone trade either of these markets on TT, and if so, what is your experience?

Hi @josh, I am interested about what is your main consideration to stop using CQG and going to use TT?

Alvaro_BreakAlgoTrading 
España

Hello

@SMCJB, For executions intraday I need high speed and low latency, TT is more faster than Rithmic?

Thanks

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,381
Thanks Received: 10,205

josh View Post

A couple of questions:

@josh
1. There was a time when I knew about 3 dozen people at TT, now I know 3 dozen people who used to be at TT. Even the TT employee who occasionally frequented these forums @TradingTech, who I believe was one of their project managers, recently left TT. I DM'd you my current 'Customer Success Manager' contact info.
2. No experience in these markets but would assume that they work just like anything else. If your running anything automated then it should be fast as the execution engines should be co-located. If your click trading though I would expect it would be as slow as everybody else as the orders have to go across the pacific plus through any US infrastructure.

Alvaro Martinez View Post
Hello

@SMCJB, For executions intraday I need high speed and low latency, TT is more faster than Rithmic?

Thanks

@Alvaro Martinez
We've already had this exact conversation at

Re: Trading Technologies in General

I've been using TT for about 15/16 years now and have given my opinion on TT in several threads here so won't repeat everything. Trading Technologies was recently sold to 7Ridge which in turn is partially owned by the CBOE and SGX which obviously creates some potential conflicts of interest. The new cloud TT is an amazing product. Much of the functionality they added since XTrader is excellent and well thought out. The big problem is reliability. While their legacy product XTrader was as solid as a rock, that is not the case with the new cloud based product. Outages are common, admittedly several are not their fault, but if your dependent upon AWS and AWS goes down and I lose my ability to trade I don't really care whether its TT or AWS fault, all I know is that I can't trade. Right now they have a problem with recorded fills. A quick review of the status page https://status.trade.tt/ highlights the continual problems they are having. Unfortunately I think things are even worse than the status page implies. For example the 'fills' issues they've had for the last 2 weeks that was apparently resolved on 3/14. Weil I still have incorrect fill reports going back 3 weeks which have not been corrected yet and have been told for 3 weeks now that it will be fixed in the next few days. So it definitely wasn't resolved on 3/14.

Alvaro_BreakAlgoTrading 
España

Hello

@SMCJB, thank you so much.

Last Updated on March 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts