NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

What are your outstanding TOS Requests?

Discussion in ThinkOrSwim

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one TonyB with 9 posts (6 thanks)
    2. looks_two joe11 with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 john2000 with 3 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 trendfriendpa with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Silvester17 with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two rhouser with 4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 trendfriendpa with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 TonyB with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 50,207 views
    2. thumb_up 35 thanks given
    3. group 42 followers
    1. forum 69 posts
    2. attach_file 10 attachments

Search this Thread

What are your outstanding TOS Requests?

TonyB 
Bay Area, CA - US

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TOS, TS & MC
Broker: TDA & TS
Trading: Stock, Options and now Futures (ES)
Thanks Given: 227
Thanks Received: 140

RedK View Post
Glad I found this forum/thread.. Here are few from my wishlist
* add position cost-basis field to the monitor screens (both positions & statement) .. It's already available on the web view, highly important
* add all Greeks to the Analyze screen (to help construct Gamma/theta-based positions)
* in charts, identify the name of the current style of each chart on the chart title bar
* fix the issue of custom studies disappearing between TOS sessions
* ability to use same workspaces between paper money and live accounts
* resizable left pane in TOS

Also I miss the old Trader on the iPad, new version is buggy and has smaller chart space..charts are less useful if I can't choose different colors for different MA lines or BB... Sorry if that's off-topic

I loved TOS on first sight, so hoping these wishes can make it through,
Cheers, RedK

RedK, welcome to futures.io (formerly BMT).

I noticed that on Trader also, the smaller chart. That needs to change. I was quite dissapointed...

Back to TOS... Not sure if I mentioned it above at some point, but not knowing what workspace one is in sucks. That whole area can use some refinement. I mean one needs to select the Set-up button to choose and save a workspaces. Not very common-sensical.

Some items are saved to the server, but most are not. I just told them that chart drawings on the server would be awesome. I've spent a lot of time drawing s / r and trend lines on the 20 stocks I monitor and trade, but I can only see these on that computer.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

TonyB 
Bay Area, CA - US

RedK View Post
...Also I miss the old Trader on the iPad, new version is buggy and has smaller chart space..charts are less useful if I can't choose different colors for different MA lines or BB... Sorry if that's off-topic

I loved TOS on first sight, so hoping these wishes can make it through,
Cheers, RedK

RedK, I was hoping with the recent updates we'd get back full-sized charts on Trader, but no dice. I called today and hit them through email. I got this reply a while ago...

Tony,

We appreciate your suggestions. Matt has taken care of the submission request. It is most likely, something will be done by the next bi-weekly update.

We appreciate your business,

++++++

So, if you haven't done the same, you might want to...

TRIPLETOP
JERUSALEM, ISRAEL

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

I am trying to find a tool on TOS which will measure distance between candles (similar to the ruler on esignal or the standard cursor on MT4).
thank you

heywally 
Pismo Beach CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS, IB, Fidelity for 'swing' trades
Trading: ES, NQ, IBB, IWM, NG
Thanks Given: 80
Thanks Received: 90

Allright, TOS wishlist .... is emailing the President a good idea? Curious. Is there anyone else higher up to email? is there anywhere public over in the TOS platform area where a wishlist is tracked and maintained? That should exist too.

- workspace tabs and the things other people have mentioned in this tread re that. Core, no-brainer enhancements well overdue; please fix before adding yet more indicator stuff

- pre-market trading open by at least 7AM EST (it's currently 8AM EST). Don't understand why this is still so late.

- more history data on sub-1 hour time frames

- make $tick real-time

I have hope in getting these enhancements as they have been very active in continuing to develop the platform since TD took over.

Have most of my capital over at TD/TOS now and I live with slightly higher futures commissions with these guys since their platform is a near all-in-one one, I don't pay extra exchange fees and I am comfortable with TD's financial stability and the safety of my funds in a way I'm not with a few other brokers that are tops in commissions, product offerings and executions.

"The Future Ain't what it used to be"
Thanked by:
 rhouser 
Coralville + Iowa

Platform: thinkorswim
Trading: stocks
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

I'm new to BigMike's forum so I've been spending time getting up to speed. I'm not with TOS/TDA but I think I can help with a couple of these requests.

1) Keltner Channels with selectable ATR length, you'll have to create a new study with a new name and then cut-and-paste the folling into it:

# contains code taken from TOS's KeltnerChannels
# modified by rhouser
declare upper;
declare weak_volume_dependency;

input displace = 0;
input factor = 1.5;
input lengthMva = 20;
input lengthAtr = 10;
input price = close;
input AverageType = {default SMA, EMA};

def shift = factor * AvgTrueRange( high, close, low, lengthAtr );

def average;
switch (AverageType) {
case SMA:
average = Average( price, lengthMva );
case EMA:
average = ExpAverage( price, lengthMva );
}

plot Avg = average[-displace];
plot Upper_Band = average[-displace] + shift[-displace];
plot Lower_Band = average[-displace] - shift[-displace];

Avg.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(1));
Upper_Band.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(8));
Lower_Band.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(5));

2)Weiss Wave
Check out Thinkscripters Wave Volume Study ( Wave Volume Update | ThinkScripter) you have to be a PRO member to get access to it, but the cost is nominal.

Thanked by:

TonyB 
Bay Area, CA - US

rhouser - thank you. I'l make it a point to give that a try (Keltner Channel ATR length).

As noted in the first post:

- For users who have linked accounts, allow them to name those accounts in the left panel, home area. I have 5 linked accounts, IRA's, Coverdell's, etc... Would be great if one could name them accordingly.

That can now be done, but apparently only via the green site (the web). One can have nicknames for their various accounts. Once established, and of course linked together, one can toggle easily between them, whether on the green site or TOS. Makes it so much easier to know what account I'm in at the time, without having to memorize an account number...

I asked again today about TOS having some type of label or indicator to reveal what workspace is open. I have quite a few workspaces, some quite similar, and it's easy to forget which one I'm in, for saving purposes... The guy said that this is requested a lot now, and to expect something soon. I also brought-up workspace tabs again too...

Thanked by:
 trendfriendpa 
philadelphia USA

Platform: TOS, Webull, Ninja 8
Broker: TD Ameritrade
Trading: options, ES/NQ futures, stocks
Thanks Given: 54
Thanks Received: 53

It would be nice to be able to draw trendlines on all types of aggregated charts - ticks and range.

Thanked by:
 Hguru 
New York City New York USA

Platform: Think or Swim, Infinity Futures
Broker: Thinkor Swim for Charts an Infinity Futures for Trading Dom
Trading: Oil
Thanks Given: 449
Thanks Received: 48

Hey Gang,
I just spoke to customer service last week about the trend lines on the tick and range charts they say they are working on it and as far as the headings on the saved work space or the saved charts to Grid and sytyle they say they are working on that as well and it is the number one requested new thing everyone wants to be added to there system. I hope they do this and stop adding stuff till they get the system to be the fastest and best out there. I use TOS for my charts only because their charts are the best that is out there but my biggest request is can they improve the Data so there is no lag in the Data so the fills are as good as you can get no matter what time frame you are trading at. I stopped trading live with TOS before the merger because they were killing me with their lagging data and poor fills and when you asked them about it they said it was my fault. I have and had compared there DOM to other compamies DOM's and there was no question there was a big difference( I told them so and even told them which companies to go and compare there DOM to) in the price running up and down the DOM and the faster the price movements the more TOS lagged. I would love to trade with TOS and price is not everything or the issue and and they are competitive price-wise when you tell them what you can get from other companies and if you are doing decent volume. If anyone can tell me if there Data and fills have gotten to an acceptable level that would be great. I trade mainly futures(/CL-Crude Oil-this can be fast moving for sure) in addition to swing trading stocks(not the issue). Sorry I got carried away but frustration can do that to you. But I do love the TOS platform for sure.

Hguru

trendfriendpa 
philadelphia USA

Platform: TOS, Webull, Ninja 8
Broker: TD Ameritrade
Trading: options, ES/NQ futures, stocks
Thanks Given: 54
Thanks Received: 53

More color choices for chart background under the "Appearance" tab.
Examples, light beige, pale pink.

The current choices are either too dark, stark bright or purtrid (the green OMG).

Thanked by:

Cerberus 
Vancouver Canada

Platform: TOS, IB
Trading: es ym etf's
Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 26

trendfriendpa View Post
More color choices for chart background under the "Appearance" tab.
Examples, light beige, pale pink.

The current choices are either too dark, stark bright or purtrid (the green OMG).

You can change chart background to any color you desire.
Background > Select > HSB you can shade ad infinitum

C

Last Updated on October 6, 2020

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts