NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Clips of the day

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 149 posts (131 thanks)
    2. looks_two Itchymoku with 119 posts (66 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Symple with 52 posts (78 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Cloudy with 38 posts (18 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Symple with 1.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kbit with 1.1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Itchymoku with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 944,469 views
    2. thumb_up 519 thanks given
    3. group 38 followers
    1. forum 657 posts
    2. attach_file 18 attachments

Search this Thread

Clips of the day

GridKing 
San Diego, CA USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 584
Thanks Received: 881

Maisie View Post

gridking, i probly shd be outraged over the ryan/timmy confrontation but honestly both those guys are kind of cute when they get mad

The Blue-Ringed Octopus is kinda "cute" too ...

Resist the urge to touch if you should happen to see a blue-ringed octopus. The creature is only the size of a golf ball but contains enough poison to kill 26 humans. You may not even feel the bite, but the neurotoxins released into your bloodstream will eventually cause numbness, muscle weakness, respiratory failure, and death.

"Successful trading is one long journey, not a destination" Peter Borish Former Head of Research for Paul Tudor Jones speaking on conversations with John F. Carter
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks

Maisie 
san francisco

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Interactive Brokers
Trading: stocks & options
Thanks Given: 99
Thanks Received: 85

eeek! horrible little creature.

i think those guys really ham it up though. honestly, it all gets a bit harry potter. bernanke's going to be he-who-cannot-be-named soon, lol. the reality is nobody knows wth to do! i don't really think it's his fault or anyone in particular - just kind of a cultural failing of all of us to face up to reality, utter the terrible truth, oh, we totally screwed up, we need to start over. words which will never be uttered by anyone in charge. it's all somebody else's fault, mr chairman i do not recall, i was on vacation, the cat ate it..like in that appalling mf testimony today. it's all going to be ridiculous little graphs and estimations and projections and blah blah blah until 1)something totally unexpected happens, changing things for the good or 2) the debt goes out of control and things start to collapse. hoping for outcome #1!

come to think of it, *henry* potter more like it!

Du sublime au ridicule, il n'ya qu'un pas. ~Napoleon Bonaparte
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

GridKing 
San Diego, CA USA

Scam school Revision3 > Scam School > All Episodes , pretty good actually

"Successful trading is one long journey, not a destination" Peter Borish Former Head of Research for Paul Tudor Jones speaking on conversations with John F. Carter

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 3,295
Thanks Received: 3,364

An Argument Against Healthcare

From the National Alliance of Funeral Directors

WASHINGTON ( [COLOR=#0000ff]The Borowitz Report[/COLOR]) – The following message was released today by the National Alliance of Funeral Directors:

This week, several Republican Supreme Court Justices have argued that the Affordable Care Act supported by the Obama Administration is unconstitutional. At the National Alliance of Funeral Directors, we couldn’t agree more.

It was Revolutionary War hero Patrick Henry who said, in 1775, “Give me liberty or give me death.” From that moment on, legal scholars have agreed that the Constitution guarantees every American the liberty to be dead. Here at the Alliance, we will fight for your right to be dead to the death.

Let’s take a look, if you will, at the Second Amendment of the Constitution, which protects every American’s right to shoot another American. It says nothing about giving the person who is shot health insurance to prevent him from dying. This cherished constitutional right to shoot people and make them dead is currently recognized in all fifty states, most recently Florida.

In commenting on the Affordable Care Act this week, Justice Samuel Alito compared the Obama healthcare plan to burial insurance. Coincidentally, burial insurance is the Republican healthcare plan, and one that we enthusiastically support. Under this plan, every American would be mandated to buy a coffin from one of our member-owned and operated funeral homes. May we recommend the Peaceful Valley Royale,™ a luxury mahogany casket with sienna satin interior and the finest imitation antique nickel handles ($2899).

As the organization representing America’s funeral directors, gravediggers, embalmers and cremators, we are confident that the Supreme Court will ultimately do the right thing and decide that healthcare flies in the face of every American’s constitutional right to the pursuit of deadness. And when they do, we’ll be waiting for you.

Sincerely,

The National Alliance of Funeral Directors

GridKing 
San Diego, CA USA

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/30/sports/bookies-using-new-technology-for-old-fashioned-betting.html

Lornz 
Oslo, Norway

Platform: CQG, Excel
Trading: CL

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,539

Not sure where to put this, but really love this:

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Platform: TradeStation
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 3,295
Thanks Received: 3,364

Greece Buys Mega Millions Ticket

Prime Minister Travels to Convenience Store in Indiana

ZIONSVILLE, INDIANA ( [COLOR=#0000ff]The Borowitz Report[/COLOR]) – In a move that raised many eyebrows among financial ministers across the Eurozone, the nation of Greece today purchased a Mega Millions lottery ticket in the hopes of winning a jackpot topping $540 million.

Prime Minister Lucas Papademos made the extraordinary purchase himself, traveling to a convenience story in Zionsville, Indiana where he briefly chatted with the Hoosier Lottery’s Mega Millions mascot.

While the odds of winning the jackpot currently stand at 1 in 176 million, experts say that the odds of Greece solving its financial problems on its own are approximately 1 in 975 zillion.

The Greek Prime Minister acknowledged that buying a Mega Millions ticket might appear to be a desperate move to the outside world, but added, “At this point it was either that or sell the Parthenon to Mark Zuckerberg.”

Asked why he purchased only one lottery ticket, Mr. Papademos said, “That’s all we had money for, and even that we had to borrow from Germany.”

Thanked by:

Lornz 
Oslo, Norway

Platform: CQG, Excel
Trading: CL

Maisie View Post
those were very funny, lornz! i have never seen that newstopia before - hilarious!

Thanks. Newstopia is one of my favorite shows; brilliant stuff! It's a shame that it didn't last longer...

I've posted this before, but it deserves to be posted in this thread too.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

GridKing 
San Diego, CA USA

Thanked by:

Last Updated on September 20, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts