NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Tommy's Revenge

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Billbb with 65 posts (14 thanks)
    2. looks_two ThatManFromTexas with 12 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 aligator with 6 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Gary with 4 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one ThatManFromTexas with 1.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Gary with 1.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 aligator with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Billbb with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 17,387 views
    2. thumb_up 45 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 88 posts
    2. attach_file 152 attachments

Search this Thread

Tommy's Revenge

Billbb
GrandRapids, Michigan

Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 72

In the last couple of weeks I elliminated my wcci in an effort to clean up my chart & was going mainly off of PA with Camarilla pivot points & a 55ema...I went live after some success in sim, managed some small losses YM -$25 to -$35 which is reasonable then I let 2 bigger losses happen..-$105 & -$50 which hurts a small account.

Ive read alot of other people's journals & got a better sense of how to journal.

This week Im going to sim all week & treat it like real money, start at 7:00am, well maybe 7:30am or ish 7:30ish. we'll see...I did some electrical work, made some money to replemish trading account some.

I really like my wcci, never bought into just using wcci w/out looking at PA, thats just dumb. Never even looked in their trading room, over at Woodies. Been using wcci for about..a very long time..2 yrs at least. I trust it & love it. Ive just recently came accross camarilla, a month ago appr. I do like that also.

Im solid w/ the 55ema & a 200sma..I bought a course called "Tommies Revenge" that consist of using the 55ema w/ 4 smaller ema's as a fan.. 6, 8, 10, 12ema's but I changed them for me being 4,8,12,16ema..actually the guy gave me the course for free cus Ive bought other courses in the past & I said.. c'mon..long story short He gave it to me for free..that was very solid on his part.

SO..Heres the strategy

When PA crosses 55 either enter or wait til pa retraces back to or near 55 and forms a 3 candle swing & enter their, w/ a small st loss just at previous candle level, if pa takes out last candle then Im wrong anyways.

When 4ema (red line) is way seperated from 16ema (blue line) pa is over extended, so obviously dont enter the trend their, althou I have lately...must be the "live trading" deer in the head lights effect? I swear!

I either keep my stop on the blue line 16ema or 55ema white line. Actually to prevent giving up too much profit, close trade after a closed candle past the blue line 16ma, but again, ive seen pa continue in direction for awhile just by staying on 55ma, its always a gamble.

I also use wcci in conjunction w/ the crossing of the 55 and or after a pullback has completed, the wcci is perfect w/ this system..it gives me confirmation & confidance, I never should of removed it in the last 2 weeks. WCCI.

I'll post a screenshot a quick minute & discribe how effective wcci is for me along w/ triggers on Tommies Revenge stratigy. my internet goes out alot (at&t) so pa is different on both charts.

I basicly laid out on the chart the meaning of the colors w/ wcci and signaled w/ a pink small line as cci line crossed over zero line...my intent is to enter as cci line (either simutanesly or after pa also crosses 55) crosses zero line & stay the trade until pa crosses back down the other way or the +100 line. - & + 100 line is major s/r at that moment...its extremely effective. I alot of times had entered once pa crossed 100 line instead of zeroline.

Tomarrow..have a good one all.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WCCI & Tommies Revenge.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	324.0 KB
ID:	67702  
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
Billbb
GrandRapids, Michigan

1st trade...

*PA crossed 55ema (wht line)

*Zeroline has been green, for 3 sqrs before my entry.

*CCI line did cross over zeroline, thuo it did hug it for alittle bit...cci line past +100 line (s/r)

I could of & should of taken a $50 profit, but I wanted to keep stop on my 55ema and see what happens & pa came back down to 55ma & took me out -$30

2nd trade...

PA stayed above 55ma & at the time zeroline was green while cci line was above zeroline...took some heat at first but price never closed below 55ma..was seeing +10..15..20,25 back down to +5 to - 5 /15 but I kept stop on 55ma and from seeing pa break many times, knew to be patient. It broke and I closed out w/ 12 points

3rd view...

I can see by still keeping w/ my stop on 55ma could of got another 20 points and still be in their for the next break out?

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Buy after cross of 55ema & signal on wcci.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	273.7 KB
ID:	67749   Click image for larger version

Name:	took it after a quick spike.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	273.7 KB
ID:	67750   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stii going!.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	67751  
Billbb
GrandRapids, Michigan

Now id still be in that last trade at the point I got out quickly rite at 13130 except it would be a moving stp and could opt to close at any point still....at worst be stoped out w/ 12 points.

The human element of trading

I had to reenter the pic using jpeg..Now stop would be at 13132 eventhough pa is showing pressure

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Trailing stop on 55.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	274.2 KB
ID:	67761  

ThatManFromTexas 
Houston,Tx

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 1,206
Thanks Received: 4,348

WCCI 21 with no turbo today

I'm just a simple man trading a simple plan.

My daddy always said, "Every day above ground is a good day!"
Thanked by:
Billbb
GrandRapids, Michigan

ThatManFromTexas View Post
WCCI 21 with no turbo today

Thanks for sharing..

The period u use is 21, rite? Those arrows on ur wcci, do they pop up automaticly? and what r they called? so I can look for them & download them, if their free.

Heres my settings...I do use a 34 period, I have used a 50 & sometimes go see how a 14 looks in comparison.

Thanks again.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	My settings.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	281.2 KB
ID:	67790  
Billbb
GrandRapids, Michigan

I marked a pink horizontal line indicating crosses of cci line on the wcci and at the same time PA crossed 55ema, 2nd cross marked by a pink line on wcci, the pa was already over 55ema, a 3 candle swing occured.

Also a note to mostly myself, so I dont do this particlar move in real or sim...

If PA is already over or under 55ema and been their all day pretty much, even on 7 range then go in that direction please. Im begging to myself.

I changed from 4 to 5 range just to peak at the difference.

See how price continued? Im playing w the fonts.

I changed period on wcci from 34 to 21, just experimenting

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CCI crosses zero line.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	270.4 KB
ID:	67801  
Billbb
GrandRapids, Michigan

Now its apparent I did get lucky & timed the exit for 23 YM points.

The 2 inbetween I put stops at previous candle, but I was wondering as I was going thru all the hits, to just set a stop at -$100 (20 points) & let it be, instead of paying commisions for all the PA noise +w/ emotions. Go outside and puff a backwoods cigar.

Glad it ended on a good note. p.s. sorta, Throw a dog a bone, hit that thankYou button real quick.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Quick $20.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	67895   Click image for larger version

Name:	Finaly.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	285.5 KB
ID:	67896   Click image for larger version

Name:	I timed it.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	283.1 KB
ID:	67897  
Billbb
GrandRapids, Michigan

I took a short sinse 55ema was below 200sma & I knew it wasnt perfect timming either, so I just put up a $100 stop & did other things besides watching PA.

I was watching PA before the breakout and closed it after I was satisfied.

If I would of put on a 20 point stop from my 1st trade this morning I would still be in that trade from 13186 & close trade eventually.

The $140 on my dome is accumulative from earlier. The pink horizontal line was location of stop.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	One more trade.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	295.6 KB
ID:	67949  
Billbb
GrandRapids, Michigan

And I could of been satisfied by placing stop at BE+ 3 or +4 up until almost close. ?

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Should of just laid back instead of taken profit.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	307.8 KB
ID:	67957  

Last Updated on June 6, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts