NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MultiCharts PM Project Management requests you want bumped

Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bomberone1 with 11 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 11 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 swz168 with 5 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 NW27 with 4 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one quantarb with 1.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two endystrike with 0.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 swz168 with 0.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 35,585 views
    2. thumb_up 21 thanks given
    3. group 27 followers
    1. forum 84 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

MultiCharts PM Project Management requests you want bumped

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,235
Thanks Received: 101,657

I decided to separate out these requests, and created a new one specifically for the optimization against an equity curve feature request:

MultiCharts Project Management - Issue MC-896 - New optimization type - linear equity curve with minimal deviation

If you want to see this, please help me vote it up and convince MC to implement.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
76 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
55 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
37 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
The Program
17 thanks
 SPMC 
GER

Platform: MC
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 213

Native higher/lower timeframe solution for functions, studies and signals
without the need of multiple datastreams or DLLs/ADE/GV

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue.php?issue_no=MC-549

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,235
Thanks Received: 101,657

Big Mike View Post
I decided to separate out these requests, and created a new one specifically for the optimization against an equity curve feature request:

MultiCharts Project Management - Issue MC-896 - New optimization type - linear equity curve with minimal deviation

If you want to see this, please help me vote it up and convince MC to implement.

Mike

Please?

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

LoboTrader 
Karlsruhe, Germany

Platform: NinjaTrader & Metatrader
Broker: IB , TaiPan
Trading: Shares & ETF at the US and EU , some MNQ & MES
Thanks Given: 289
Thanks Received: 14

Hello ,

please support this feature MultiCharts Project Management - Issue MC-282 - [AUTOLINK]Multicharts[/AUTOLINK] to Metatrader

It is my aim to pyramid Silver at MT-Brokers but wish to keep individual control of all trades .

If MC would connect Read/Write with MT4´s including its MagicNumber we (I) would have a great soltution to buildt pyramids and control each Order one/one .

Also I wrote mailrequest to MC on this feature but was informed that "do not plan" and I could use external DLL from Web . I am not clever enough to use and connect "external DLL" not to speak of coding such "piece of code"

Thank you for your support

Lobo

Edit : Feedback from MC

Quoting 
Unfortunately, we do not plan to implement this feature in the nearest future. As far as I am concerned, you can connect MultiCharts to MT4 using external dll files that can be found on the web.

Do not trade alone
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 NW27 
Newcastle, Australia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multicharts 8 - Full Version
Broker: IB
Trading: SPI,FTSE100, 6E, 6A
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 188

LoboTrader View Post
If MC would connect Read/Write with MT4´s including its MagicNumber we (I) would have a great soltution to buildt pyramids and control each Order one/one.

Why do you have to connect to MT4? Why not do it all via MC? Does your broker not interface to MC?

Neil.

LoboTrader 
Karlsruhe, Germany

The system I intend to trade is a long duration Martingale or inverse Martinggale using Silver CFD . It requires to handle each entry as one individual trade and all parameters being managed individually (Stoploss, TSL and other) . Ie , one order initially might be opened using a trading approach but once duration of trade increases its parametersetting (TSL) will change away from a trading approach towards an investmentapproach . At the same time , new orders could be entered to the market by the trading system and again trading rules will be applied when managing this new entry .
I would like to use EL for the system (that´s why I had bought MC) and have the features of ordermanagment, ordersync , ordermaintenance , orderhistory and so forth being performed by Metatrader and the CFD-Broker which provides me the service (Silver-CFD and connction to MT4) . This as I cannot see how to do this or similar with MC .

So this request having the following concept in mind : MT4 would send Ticks and current-state-of-orders to MC , MC would analyse and decide on new Sl-levels , Entries , Exits and instruct MT4 to adjust "specific order XYZ to a TSL of -15 PIP " and " Specific order ABC to a TSL of -200 PIP" .

There would be alternatives , such as trading SLV @ ARCA with IB-account . But I could not overcome all the hurdles I am facing in re to the ordermanagment as described above .

Any idea more than welcome

Thank you
Lobo

Do not trade alone

LoboTrader 
Karlsruhe, Germany

NW27 View Post
Hi All,

Neil.

Done ...

Lobo

Do not trade alone

Nicolas11 
near Paris, France

Experience: Beginner
Platform: -
Trading: -
Thanks Given: 2,232
Thanks Received: 1,769

Hi,

MultiCharts Project Management - Issue MC-320 - Changing candle / bar width independently of spacing
"When changing candle spacing on the chart, MC automatically adjusts the bar or candle width so as to display them in such a way that they are neither too close nor too far away. The problem is, however, that the user cannot then further enhance the display by manually adjusting the width of the bars. I would like to control not only how many bars show on my screen, but then how close those bars can be to each other."
This one juste drives me crazy I love MultiCharts, but I am a discretionary visual (and aspiring ) trader. I need to be able to adjust the width of the candle and the space between them. Just due to that, as I do not need any indicator (except an EMA), I am seriously considering using another platform than Multicharts for trading, for instance the platform of the data feed or of the broker. They allow this simple feature (changing the space between the candles).

MultiCharts Project Management - Issue "MC-773 - price multiplier for symbol mapping (eSignal and IB) to allow trading
On several instruments, prices given by data feed eSignal are 100 times different than prices given by broker Interactive Brokers. The proposed feature is the possibility to apply a price multiplier when adding or mapping symbols between data feed and broker. It would allow to trade with IB when reading prices from eSignal.
Exemples of instruments, with recent prices:
Cotton @ ICU (NYBOT)
eSignal : CT #F, 86.61
IB : CT H2, 0.8661"
Without this problem solved, it is simply impossible to use Multicharts together with data feed eSignal and broker IB to trade some instruments.

MultiCharts Project Management - Issue MC-806 - Drwawing a perfect strait line
MultiCharts Project Management - Issue MC-918 - General Improvement of Drawing Tools Usability
... just to be able to draw horizontal segments (!)

Nicolas

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 swz168 
Nuremberg, Germany

Experience: None
Platform: MultiCharts
Trading: Fx
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 59

If you think an Automated Trading Software should be able to be be 100% automated, then vote for

MC-953 - Option: Automatic switch on Autotrading, extended alert

swz168 
Nuremberg, Germany

Experience: None
Platform: MultiCharts
Trading: Fx
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 59

Big Mike View Post

Mike

Awesome, the user Dru has created such an solution! MultiCharts: Trading Software for Automated Trading and [AUTOLINK]Backtesting[/AUTOLINK] • View topic - Optimization By linear Equity Curve

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 14, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts