NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MultiCharts PM Project Management requests you want bumped

Discussion in MultiCharts

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 11 posts (3 thanks)
    2. looks_two bomberone1 with 11 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 swz168 with 5 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 NW27 with 4 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one quantarb with 1.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two endystrike with 0.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 swz168 with 0.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 35,602 views
    2. thumb_up 21 thanks given
    3. group 27 followers
    1. forum 84 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

MultiCharts PM Project Management requests you want bumped

treydog999 
seoul, Korea

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multicharts
Broker: CQG, DTN IQfeed
Trading: YM 6E
Thanks Given: 291
Thanks Received: 1,039

Please vote for my requests:

Advanced DOM with volume profile, cumulative trades at price, High of day low of day:
MultiCharts Project Management - Issue MC-1349 - Advanced [AUTOLINK]DOM[/AUTOLINK] - [AUTOLINK]Volume Profile[/AUTOLINK], Cumulative Buys/Sells at Price. [AUTOLINK]High of Day[/AUTOLINK], Low of day

Customizable Volume Delta Chart through powerlanguage
MultiCharts Project Management - Issue MC-1350 - Ability to high light or change color of the Volume [AUTOLINK]Delta[/AUTOLINK] Bid x Ask Volume chart from indicator

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

wbailey 
Hannover

Experience: Beginner
Platform: MultiCharts
Trading: EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Hello everybody,

Please support this feature. For people who need to repoptimize their study in periodic manner, this is realy usefull.
MultiCharts Project Management - Issue MC-1369 - ASCII Export automatically

treydog999 
seoul, Korea

I want to filter volume delta bars by size, by bid , by ask etc...

MultiCharts Project Management - Issue MC-1372 - Filtering Volume [AUTOLINK]Delta[/AUTOLINK] Bars

swz168 
Nuremberg, Germany

Experience: None
Trading: Fx
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 59

If you'd like to have a mobile app, vote for this:
MultiCharts Project Management - Issue MC-1370 - Mobile App

Discussion thread for mobile app request:
MultiCharts: Trading Software for Automated Trading and [AUTOLINK]Backtesting[/AUTOLINK] ? View topic - Feature Request: Mobile App

FB2012 
Munich Germany

Platform: MultiCharts .NET,MultiCharts,Amibroker
Broker: Interactive Brokers IQFeed
Trading: Stocks,Index CFDs
Thanks Given: 81
Thanks Received: 84

Hi,
I just generated a Issue to enhance the current replay mode.
Before the 8.7 Beta it was not possible to replay tick by tick in global mode.
Now it is, but there is still one feature missing.
I want to use MC for lets say training purposes, every sunday I do
training by replay a historic day in the market.
But it is right now not possible to get a realistic timeflow,
because it is only possible to make updates per second.
Therefore one update per second will lead to one tick per second two updates per second to two and so on.
Tick are coming on a irregular time therefore this way to replay will never lead to a realistic market simulation.

To solve that I initiated the following feature.
MC-1391

If you are in the same situation, that you want to have a realistic replay market functionality in Multicharts.
Please vote for it.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 quantarb 
Wayne, NJ USA

Platform: Multicharts, Deltix DCS
Broker: Interactive Brokers/IQ Feed
Trading: ETF Options
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 38

As many guys know, I'm have been doing automated option trading in Multicharts. Please vote for my issue to help make Multicharts even more viable for automated options trading.

MC-1392 - Extracting Option Information from Quote Manager

Description and details

When you add an option symbol into quote manager, the quote manager stores many useful information regarding the option such as Contract Month, Contract Year, Expiration Date, Strike Price, Type - Call or Put, Symbol Root. Please allow us to extract information using powerlanguage. These fields are very useful and important for us doign automated option trading.

GetSymbolRootName- returns the symbol root name
GetContractMonth - returns the contract month
GetContractYear - returns the contract year
GetExpirationDate - returns the expiration date
GetStrikePrice - returns the strike price of option
GetOptionType - returns 0 for call and 1 put option

MultiCharts Project Management - Issue MC-1392 - Extracting Option Information from Quote Manager

Thanked by:
 wbailey 
Hannover

Trading: EUR/USD
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

For the moment MC does not recognize FXCM UK hedge accounts. Please vote for this
MultiCharts Project Management - Issue MC-1444 - Enable Hedging with FXCM UK accounts

victoryong
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 2

At the moment MC doesn't allow hedging even if brokers allows it. This is to open up the hedging feature in MC for accounts that have hedging enabled,
MultiCharts Project Management - Issue MC-1475 - Allow Hedging For Different Strategies

treydog999 
seoul, Korea

MultiCharts Project Management - Issue MC-1478 - Display Walk Forward Optimization Parameters for next Out of Sample period if incomplete

Description and details
I would like to see the Walk Forward Optimization Parameters for next Out of Sample period if incomplete. From what I understand the WFO report only shows complete periods.
For example your Walk forward might end 5/16/2013 the end of your data set is 6/30/2013. You might have a 300 day OOS or something that is larger than that time frame. So you will not get the current results. Even though the engine has all the information required to fill in up to the current date. As this will only occur at the last WFO window. So it already has enough bars back and historical data to optimize parameters.
So if we could see the currrent WFO window parameters and current trades taken, even if that window is not complete. That would be great.
I tried a work around but according to tech support, it is not possible to replicate that last window using the simple optimizer. since the WFO is so "complex" and it is by "design".

The example posted in images, the WFO ends at 9/20/2013 but our data set goes to 9/27/2013. the OOS in this period is 90 days. we have enough back data to generate parameters, and a current set of trades, and the rest of the results. However because the window did not complete all 90 days it does not appear in the results.
How to reproduce
Run a walkforward optimization where the end of the data set does not allow a complete OOS window to complete. you will always end up with a gap between the end date of your data and the last WFO window that completed.

Thanked by:
 quantarb 
Wayne, NJ USA

Platform: Multicharts, Deltix DCS
Broker: Interactive Brokers/IQ Feed
Trading: ETF Options
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 38

Please vote for my issue.

MultiCharts Project Management - Issue MC-1479 - Continuous Walk Forward Optimization

Continuous Walk Forward Optimization

Walk forward optimization currently breaks up data into different IS/OSS segments. The trading strategy is only allowed access to the data in each segment. The approach causes many drawbacks and problems for strategy development.

When a strategy transits from one data segment to another, it must wait until it has enough data to calculate indicators before it can start trading. This results from not being able to access any data from the previous segment. Long look back periods, frequent recalibration, and small out of sample data window will all lower performance. As a result, many strategies will fail the walk forward test due to insufficient data rather than over fitting.

Ex. You’re running a simple moving average strategy with a look back period of 50 days. Your trading strategy must wait at least 50 days in each OSS segment before it can start trading.

Therefore, I would like to have the option to break IS/OSS into trading segments rather than data segments. This mean the trading strategy will have access to the all the historical data, but only allowed to trade on the dates of IS set being optimized on. Therefore, there is no longer a need to programmatically load different data segments. This version of WFO is much easier to program and implement.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 14, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts