NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

13 bars

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Fern with 59 posts (58 thanks)
    2. looks_two Gabriyele with 10 posts (14 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 3 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 monpere with 2 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Gabriyele with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Fern with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 19,481 views
    2. thumb_up 81 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 81 posts
    2. attach_file 52 attachments

Search this Thread

13 bars

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus, IB
Trading: SPY, Oil, Euro
Thanks Given: 300
Thanks Received: 3,371

Fern View Post
Hello traders. Have finally decided to join the futures.io (formerly BMT). (the Elite title, to be considered)
Following the Monthly, Daily, 120min & 15min charts. Trading the CME & NYMEX markets. (Currency Futures & Crude Oil)
Based on the market 13 bars of the trading opportunity (inside bar's, spinning top's, hammer's, harami's) and my 10 cents of clarity.

[IMG]http://content.screencast.com/users/Gabriyele/folders/Jing/media/3f82fdfb-ca2d-4047-b268-d45d64426dd5/1313.png[/IMG]

Smells like pristine.com terminology and approach, they are very good 'bar by bar' analysis price action traders.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
Fern
Stockholm, Sweden

Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 70

lolu View Post
What trading software do you use for the chart in your screenshot ?

@lolu

I am using the Rithmic Pro Charts.

Thanked by:
Fern
Stockholm, Sweden

Today, my trading PC crashed! Ended up reading Steve's book on the candlestick bars again.
Will be either fixing the PC over the weekend or buying a new one! It remains to be seen.
My trading account remains the same!

Fern
Stockholm, Sweden

[MENTION=6106
@monpere Smells like pristine.com terminology and approach, they are very good 'bar by bar' analysis price action traders.

The 13 bars concept for me starts with the seminar by Oliver Velez on trading.
I'm learning about trading from the books about the price action and a good friend that i aspire to be trading like, since observing his life style is helping my passion of learning about this business grow indefinitely.

Fern
Stockholm, Sweden

@lolu

Thanked by:

monpere 
Bala, PA, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus, IB
Trading: SPY, Oil, Euro
Thanks Given: 300
Thanks Received: 3,371

Fern View Post
The 13 bars concept for me starts with the seminar by Oliver Velez on trading.
I'm learning about trading from the books about the price action and a good friend that i aspire to be trading like, since observing his life style is helping my passion of learning about this business grow indefinitely.

Is the good friend Oliver Velez, the co-founder of Pristine?

Fern
Stockholm, Sweden

monpere View Post
@monpere Is the good friend Oliver Velez, the co-founder of Pristine?

No, though my friend knows Oliver I'd say that they are pretty good friends. I only had a chance to meet Mr. Velez once at the trader's seminar.
I will ask if he would mind being named!
I have promised myself that i would be documenting my progress as a trader every day for a full year. And my friend actually suggested the futures.io (formerly BMT) as a very user friendly place to start.

Fern
Stockholm, Sweden

The PC issue was solved. It is working again, as good as new.
I have invested more time again reading the Steve Nison's book about the candlesticks.
And have also seen four webinars on the fibonacci trading method.
The trading goal for the week is set to raise the account level out of the red zone.
$50 per day for the period of the next 5 trading days.

Strategy Revision: March 18, 2012
I will establish the support and the resistance levels and the trend lines, using the Daily and the 120min charts.
And do the same on the 30 min charts
Will take trade only at those levels to minimize my risk, and crawl out of the red zone that i have found myself in!!
And will use the 10min chart for my entries and my exits above and below the levels of the support and the resistance.

Will concentrate on trading only the NYBOT/TF-Russell during the US market.
It is valued at $10 per tick, therefore it should be simple but not easy to detect a 1/2 point move and move my account above the water level.

[IMG]http://content.screencast.com/users/Gabriyele/folders/Jing/media/bccfd9bb-b85d-4aed-ad0c-54dfaa86d63d/TF.png[/IMG]

fourtiwinks 
Singapore

Experience: Beginner
Thanks Given: 526
Thanks Received: 201

Hi Fern,

Since you plan to trade TF, you may wish to check out bluemele's TF trading journal:

There also are many good nexusfi.com (formerly BMT) webinars on trading strategies and issues that may help you to improve or refine your trading. I'm not sure how many are available for non-elite nexusfi.com (formerly BMT) members thou. But you won't regret if you sign up, coz it's really a small sum considering the tremendous amount of effort by Big Mike and many nexusfi.com (formerly BMT) members to build up good trading resources for all forum members to share.

I'm a struggling trader too and I wish you all the very best!

Thanked by:
Fern
Stockholm, Sweden

fourtiwinks View Post
@ fourtiwinks
Hi Fern,

Since you plan to trade TF, you may wish to check out bluemele's TF trading journal:

There also are many good nexusfi.com (formerly BMT) webinars on trading strategies and issues that may help you to improve or refine your trading. I'm not sure how many are available for non-elite nexusfi.com (formerly BMT) members thou. But you won't regret if you sign up, coz it's really a small sum considering the tremendous amount of effort by Big Mike and many nexusfi.com (formerly BMT) members to build up good trading resources for all forum members to share.

I'm a struggling trader too and I wish you all the very best!

Thank you Sir likewise as well, i'm wishing you happy trading trails.
Yes, I am able to see the @ bluemele trading journal. And yes, will most likely join the EL-section of the forum very soon.
@ Big Mike, does the elite section have an available open pdf trader's library for it's elite members as well, besides the webinars? ?

Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 25, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts