NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading is the easiest endeavor in the world....

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one nakachalet with 33 posts (18 thanks)
    2. looks_two GFIs1 with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 3 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Lornz with 2 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Jigsaw Trading with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Billbb with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ReaM with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 nakachalet with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 10,404 views
    2. thumb_up 33 thanks given
    3. group 11 followers
    1. forum 45 posts
    2. attach_file 30 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading is the easiest endeavor in the world....

nakachalet 
siam, west coast andaman sea

Experience: Master
Platform: ninja
Trading: gc, cl, tf, 6e

greetings traders

yes, definitely; trading is the easiest endeavor in the world for anybody and everybody....;

and that is my opening statement to arouse your curiosity to think more provoking trading thoughts.

and my statement is practically immutable under any circumstances.

won't you agree; traders, ladies and gentlemen, sirs and madams?

pls do feel free to agree and/or disagree, or partially agree and/or disagree; if you feel like, K?

more to follow on sunday evening. stay tuned, if you like.

have a wonderful and safe weekend with your significant others....

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
41 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

I agree.

I traded today a number of times.

Went to Starbucks and got a coffee & breakfast.
Went to the supermarket.
Brought some smoothies from the Mall.

All involved trading.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Lornz 
Oslo, Norway

Experience: Advanced
Platform: CQG, Excel
Trading: CL

DionysusToast View Post
I agree.

I traded today a number of times.

Went to Starbucks and got a coffee & breakfast.
Went to the supermarket.
Brought some smoothies from the Mall.

All involved trading.

I once traded my dignity for a handful of quarters...

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,175
Thanks Received: 6,020

Change the word "trading" by "winning consistently" and see if it still makes sense

Thanked by:

Lornz 
Oslo, Norway

Experience: Advanced
Platform: CQG, Excel
Trading: CL

trendisyourfriend View Post
Change the word "trading" by "winning consistently" and see if it still makes sense

It's still true, at least for Charlie Sheen.

ReaM
Los Angeles

Thanks Given: 97
Thanks Received: 112

Trading is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. It's a very painfull full time activity which when traded unprofitably destroys your self-worthiness and gives you suicidal thoughts. I'm going to have grey hair before I am 30.

According to Tom Baldwin only 1% makes any significant money in markets. There is a nice analysis on forex factory somewhere showing that about 3.5% of people are profitable trading over a perioud of I believe 10 years. The rest is losers. How is that easy?

Good Luck with your journal^^

Thanked by:
Billbb
GrandRapids, Michigan

Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 72

ReaM View Post
Trading is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. It's a very painfull full time activity which when traded unprofitably destroys your self-worthiness and gives you suicidal thoughts. I'm going to have grey hair before I am 30.

According to Tom Baldwin only 1% makes any significant money in markets. There is a nice analysis on forex factory somewhere showing that about 3.5% of people are profitable trading over a perioud of I believe 10 years. The rest is losers. How is that easy?

Good Luck with your journal^^

True that !!

Thanked by:

nakachalet 

thx much everyone for leaving your thoughts.

as @Conal revealed in his latest trading journal which i responded and congratulated him thusly:

now, conal, you are on one of the right tracks....
Conal [IMG]https://nexusfi.com/styles/bigmike/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG]
Lessons for Friday 3/23/12

Time in Trade : I noticed a few trades that became profitable right away. Conversely, other trades were either profitable then stalled and came back to my entry (ES short 10:01) or never took off from my entry (QM 10:31). Perhaps if the trade does not work rather quickly then it's indicative of poor trade location and should be exited early, before the stop or target it hit.

it appears for the very first time, you stumbled upon the very fact that if and when you have an indicator or indicators that correctly, more often than not, could ride on the ridge of price action, north or south, as it revealed itself to you when you stated that--I noticed a few trades that became profitable right away....; then if you could tweak that indic to include sort of empirical price action sample....

that same indic would serve you and enrich you more than you can imagine.... is my one man opinion.

good luck and have fun. and wishing you the best.

a trader really does not need many fancy charts and indic to become profitable and consistent.

as everyone can see, you really need only one reliable indic to trade reliably, profitably and consistently.

will try to include more graphics demonstrations as samples in this thread next.

wish every trader would have a wonderful quality time with your significant others this weekend. cheers.

Billbb View Post
True that !!

nakachalet View Post
greetings traders

yes, definitely; trading is the easiest endeavor in the world for anybody and everybody....;

and that is my opening statement to arouse your curiosity to think more provoking trading thoughts.

and my statement is practically immutable under any circumstances.

won't you agree; traders, ladies and gentlemen, sirs and madams?

pls do feel free to agree and/or disagree, or partially agree and/or disagree; if you feel like, K?

more to follow on sunday evening. stay tuned, if you like.

have a wonderful and safe weekend with your significant others....

nakachalet 

this most recent post in bmt also spells out beginning traders' multiple woes and such:

forgiven [IMG]https://nexusfi.com/styles/bigmike/statusicon/user_offline.gif[/IMG]
Elite Member
knoxville tennessee usa
Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: nijia trader
Favorite Instrument: es

you have made a very good frist (sic) step,coming to this forum this is the real deal. i was in your shoes 4 years past.

number 1 DONT BUY ANY TRADING SOFTWARE

#2 DONT BUY TRADING COURSES. MOST OF THE PEOPLE SELL THIS MATERAL (sic) DONT REALY (sic) TRADE.

#3 KNOW THIS WILL THE THE BIGEST (sic) CHALLANGE (sic) YOU WILL HAVE HAD IN LIFE.

IT WILL TAKE 2 YEARS OF HARD WORK....
---------------------------

trader goes by the name 'forgiven' really said it well in what was intended to say here in this thread.... as preliminary exposition.

it is analogical to becoming board certified physicians, you really have to know your stuff and to know everything really well.

but then, it is even much easier to become a board certified physician.... than to become a consistently profitable trader.... and that is another immutable fact in life as well.

in medicine, when you learned all the required voluminous facts and figures and then some.... you would be certified and earned your life long degree to practise.... attempting to heal all physical ailments....

however, in trading--as everyone already realizes, there is no such thing as life long certification, much less life long trading successes, as in medicine. in trading, even if you could learn everything offered herein at bmt, you are still not guaranteed--that your holygrail setups will produce similar profitability today as yesterday.

just when a trader is reasonably sure that he/she is on cloud9, whatever he/she touches has had already turned into gold in the morning.... but then in the afternoon session, for whatever reasons, the immensely successful traders in the morning, trading in the same manners as in the very successful morning session; would not be able to hold on to profits generated from the morning session. such similar examples are plentiful indeed.

the aforementioned are presented in general terms and preclude those group of traders who watch and trade exclusively on their own certain specific setups only which come across their screens only a few occasion per trading day. this highly successful group are profitable only by the very nature of their own creation--they trade very selectively and they only trade on their own proven setups and patterns. my trading friends, even as selective as they are.... they are still not completely profitable each and every trade....

the very same setups that proved profitable a few hours ago, might just prove the traders wrong in the very next succeeding attempt. and this is another immutable fact. the liquid market and traders on the other side of your trade do have their own minds and their own different masters to serve. so the over-simplified axiom--cut your loss, most definitely still prevails; if a trader wishes to trade again the next day.

am going over pix of trades taken over the last month to post here. and i beg your indulgence and thank everyone for your long sufferings and such.

perhaps, you would be able to see many of my errors and learn to delimit them in your own trading styles and fashions. wishing everyone happy and profitable trading in the coming week. cheers.

Last Updated on July 12, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts