NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

AMP Futures / AMP Global Review

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mattz with 41 posts (75 thanks)
    2. looks_two Scalpguy with 31 posts (26 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 25 posts (68 thanks)
    4. looks_4 steve2222 with 21 posts (29 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kalalex with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 mattz with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 steve2222 with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 345,110 views
    2. thumb_up 846 thanks given
    3. group 163 followers
    1. forum 595 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Search this Thread

AMP Futures / AMP Global Review

Jonson 
Russia, St.Petersburg

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, CQG Desktop
Broker: NinjaTrader/CQG
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 218
Thanks Received: 118

hi
a few days ago my account was blocked - Your logon is disabled. sent requests with questions about what happened, I was not answered within 5 days. it's good that I took the money to another place. would not recommend such customer service to anyone

requests 911256 and 911322 from [email protected] no answers

* If investing gets too difficult for a seventh grader to understand, the system is needlessly complex
* Markets produce an enormous volume of information, much of which is redundant
* In every game and con there's always an opponent, and there's always a victim. The trick is to know when you're the latter, so you can become the former

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
Traders Hideout
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,855

Jonson View Post
hi
a few days ago my account was blocked - Your logon is disabled. sent requests with questions about what happened, I was not answered within 5 days. it's good that I took the money to another place. would not recommend such customer service to anyone

I know a few people through AMP / CQG that recently had their logon disabled. It took 2 trading days to fix but there was no response as to the reason why.

If they are your broker, why are you emailing and not calling them directly? My broker is literally on speed dial and I call them for any little issue. I never rely on email.

--------------------------------------------------------
- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -
--------------------------------------------------------
Thanked by:

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,441
Thanks Received: 3,791

Jonson View Post
hi

Make sure you check the email you opened an account with. Notices are typically sent there. This is just as an FYI.

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
futures trader
san diego, ca USA

Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 20

Jonson View Post
hi
it's good that I took the money to another place. would not recommend such customer service to anyone

Wise choice.

Thanked by:
 westmalle 
Eindhoven The Netherlands

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra, NinjaTrader
Trading: TF NQ YM 6E ES
Thanks Given: 55
Thanks Received: 40

Question on per side costs at AMP as I consider to open an account with AMP.
Anyone has a real live experience with AMP and costs in the following environment:

Assume ES or YM or NQ, volume tiered < 1000 contracts. Using ChartDOM of Sierra chart package 3 to place orders to CME.

- “Sierra Chart – TT-W (FIX) - $20 per month (SC-Denali Exchange Data Feed)”
- CME Market Data (Bundle or CBOT, CME, COMEX, NYMEX) is to be enabled (EUREX market data is NOT available)
- Sierra Chart Package 3 (Free for AMP Direct Customers).

QUESTION: what is my per side cost for trading ES or YM or NQ using the ChartDOM of Sierra? The AMP cost calculator does not allow to select TT with Sierra.
AMP support does not know the answer and redirects me - so I get suspicious because a per side cost for e.g. ES on Sierra with denali/TT should not be rocket-science for a broker.

Any input from a current AMP/Sierra/Denali-TT/ChatDOM user is highly appreciated.
Regards,
Mike

Thanked by:
 westmalle 
Eindhoven The Netherlands

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra, NinjaTrader
Trading: TF NQ YM 6E ES
Thanks Given: 55
Thanks Received: 40

As a follow-up to my previous message (see here above) regarding costs at AMP.

I got informed that the round-trip costs for Sierra/TT/Denali/ChartDOM are the same as when using Sierra/CQG as per the AMP cost calculator.

I hope that this information might be of any help to others as well.

Thanked by:

Jonson 
Russia, St.Petersburg

mattz View Post
Make sure you check the email you opened an account with. Notices are typically sent there. This is just as an FYI.

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

no answer

* If investing gets too difficult for a seventh grader to understand, the system is needlessly complex
* In every game and con there's always an opponent, and there's always a victim. The trick is to know when you're the latter, so you can become the former

Jonson 
Russia, St.Petersburg

JonnyBoy View Post
I know a few people through AMP / CQG that recently had their logon disabled. It took 2 trading days to fix but there was no response as to the reason why.

If they are your broker, why are you emailing and not calling them directly? My broker is literally on speed dial and I call them for any little issue. I never rely on email.

my native language is Russian, and I could not explain to them what they need in colloquial speech

Thanked by:
 raduku 
sofia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: few
Trading: es,oil
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 1

Hey
What is - in general - the response time for an online application to open a futures account ?
I applied with them 10 days ago and nothing
Thanks

mattz   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 2,441
Thanks Received: 3,791

Jonson View Post
no answer

The process of not enabling an account or not approving one is not random.
Compliance has its guidelines that it follows and, and if something altered them to any suspicious, they act on it.
They do send notices when accounts are not approved, but it does not mean they can always share.
Sadly, if all their procedures are transparent, some unscrupulous clients may take advantage of that.

From our personal experience, AMP does approve many accounts daily.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

Trading futures and options involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. You may lose more than your initial investment. All posts are opinions and do not claim to be facts. Please conduct your own due diligence. Use only Risk capital when trading Futures.
1 800 771 6748 local 561 367 8686 email [email protected]
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on March 22, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts