NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

AMP Futures / AMP Global Review

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mattz with 41 posts (75 thanks)
    2. looks_two Scalpguy with 31 posts (26 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 25 posts (68 thanks)
    4. looks_4 steve2222 with 21 posts (29 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kalalex with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 mattz with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 steve2222 with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 345,337 views
    2. thumb_up 846 thanks given
    3. group 163 followers
    1. forum 595 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Search this Thread

AMP Futures / AMP Global Review

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

i have used them on and of for 9 years . there is always some kind of problem that is a pain in the ass to fix. if your using CQG data for order execution and to run your charting ...the slippage is a lot more than the pennies you save on a round trip. quit looking for a bargain ...there not it ..

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,775
Thanks Received: 18,200

I have used them for 6 months now, and have generally been satisfied with them. About 3-5 times I have experienced market data lagging; that is, the market moves fast, I place a limit to buy/sell, and am immediately filled even though the market appears to be far away from my entry. To be fair, others on a different data feed also experienced this lag. This was on CQG data, and I am unsure as to whether the issue would have occurred on the TT/Rithmic/CTS.

I would recommend them, overall. They are the only clearing firm I know of where I can get the mini nikkei and hang seng contracts.

steve2222 
Auckland, New Zealand

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Whatever moves in my timezone
Thanks Given: 3,379
Thanks Received: 1,540

josh View Post
........ About 3-5 times I have experienced market data lagging; that is, the market moves fast, I place a limit to buy/sell, and am immediately filled even though the market appears to be far away from my entry. ........... This was on CQG data, ..........
I would recommend them, overall. They are the only clearing firm I know of where I can get the mini nikkei and hang seng contracts.

Hi Josh,
Was the data lag on the Nikkei or HKEX? Or what is it some other exchange?

I have not noticed any data lag with the HKEX in December and I live in New Zealand.

CQG feeding SC with AMP as broker.

Have been with AMP for probably at least 10 years now and I too would highly recommend.

Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future - Niels Bohr, Danish Physicist

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,775
Thanks Received: 18,200

steve2222 View Post
Hi Josh,
Was the data lag on the Nikkei or HKEX? Or what is it some other exchange?

I have not noticed any data lag with the HKEX in December and I live in New Zealand.

CQG feeding SC with AMP as broker.

Have been with AMP for probably at least 10 years now and I too would highly recommend.

Hi Steve,
Same setup as you (CQG, SC, AMP) -- the data lag was CME data (ES). I have not had any data lag issues during the asia session at all.

Thanked by:
 Cloudy 
desert CA

Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

Same here. I've been with them for about seven years. And also saw a few of those occasional uncharacteristic lags during the past year otherwise it's been great. I hope it doesn't get worse becoming like the zenfire/downfall of mirus, fiasco.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Cloudy 
desert CA

Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

Anyone else get this notice from AMP?

https://support.ampglobal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045232634-CME-Monthly-Data-Fee-Increase-Effective-April-1-2020

As a result my monthly data fees /w lvl 2 cme bundle went up to $31/month, $16 more per month from $15/month.

I haven't seen a mention of this increase on TDA or Ironbeam. Also, I checked the CME group site, and there
seems to be no mention unless I missed it. There was also a transaction fee increase on Feb. 1 where AMP said it
was also due to CME fee increases and passed along, here: https://support.ampglobal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042763013-CME-Exchange-Fee-Increase-Effective-February-1-2020

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

ninjus 
Chiang Mai Thailand

Platform: Seirra Chart
Broker: Stage5 + Denali
Trading: MNQ
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 1,223
Thanks Received: 2,336

Cloudy View Post

https://support.ampglobal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045232634-CME-Monthly-Data-Fee-Increase-Effective-April-1-2020

As a result my monthly data fees /w lvl 2 cme bundle went up to $31/month, $16 more per month from $15/month.

I haven't seen a mention of this increase on TDA or Ironbeam. Also, I checked the CME group site, and there
seems to be no mention unless I missed it. There was also a transaction fee increase on Feb. 1 where AMP said it
was also due to CME fee increases and passed along, here: https://support.ampglobal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042763013-CME-Exchange-Fee-Increase-Effective-February-1-2020

Yep mine came out at $30 this month.
That's some price jump.

Marcus Aurelius
"Not to assume it's impossible because you find it hard. But to recognize that if it's humanly possible, you can do it too"

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

LDog 
Lafayette, TN/USA

Platform: SC,TastyWorks,ToS
Broker: TDA, OANDA,AMP/CQG/SC
Trading: Looking for it/them
Thanks Given: 11,919
Thanks Received: 344

I got an email from Infinity Futures the other day and couldn't find anything about it. But then got the AMP email and was not happy. Also per their email:

We sent a request to CME to delay their fee increase due to thiscoronavirus (COVID-19) current situation. They declined....

Unfortunately, we have to proceed with processing these increased CME Fees

I guess when they're the only game in town, we gotta pay the vig ...

Edit - I also found this on several other broker's sights, but haven't tracked it down on the CME site:

[COLOR=#444444][FONT=&quot]https://insigniafutures.com/[AUTOLINK]cme[/AUTOLINK]-data-fees-price-increase/[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#444444][FONT=&quot]https://www.cannontrading.com/tools/support-[AUTOLINK]resistance[/AUTOLINK]-levels/[AUTOLINK]cme[/AUTOLINK]-raising-their-monthly-data-fees-trading-levels-3-31-2020/[/FONT][/COLOR]

Thanked by:

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

ninjus View Post
Yep mine came out at $30 this month.
That's some price jump.

$31 here long CME y’all

Thanked by:
 steve2222 
Auckland, New Zealand

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Whatever moves in my timezone
Thanks Given: 3,379
Thanks Received: 1,540

Cloudy View Post

Attached is the official CME notice of fee increase

Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future - Niels Bohr, Danish Physicist
Attached Thumbnails
AMP Futures / AMP Global Review-mdla-cme-data-fee-schedule-5-apr-2020.pdf  

Last Updated on March 22, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts