NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

AMP Futures / AMP Global Review

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mattz with 41 posts (75 thanks)
    2. looks_two Scalpguy with 31 posts (26 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 25 posts (68 thanks)
    4. looks_4 steve2222 with 21 posts (29 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kalalex with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 mattz with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 steve2222 with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 344,874 views
    2. thumb_up 846 thanks given
    3. group 163 followers
    1. forum 595 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Search this Thread

AMP Futures / AMP Global Review

santino 
barcelona (Spain)

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja.....
Trading: ES,
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 10

trendwaves View Post
Be careful with that cost calculator for Rithmic at AMP. The calculator is not including the 0.25 cent/side Rithmic data fee. So for Rithmic you will need to add in 0.25 cent to the quote generated by the calculator. The data fee for CQG is 0.10 cent/side, so using CQG you save 30 cents per RT over Rithmic with Amp.

For comparison:

AMP using Rithimic / Ninja Direct for ES, NQ, TF = 1.91 / side + 0.25 / side (data fee) = 4.32 / RT

AMP using Rithimic / Ninja Direct for ES, NQ, TF, YM = 1.91 / side (routing fee waived) = $ 3.84 / RT <--- corrected per subsequent clarification in postings below.

AMP using CQG / Ninja Direct for ES, NQ, TF, YM = 1.91 / side + 0.10 / side (routing fee) = $ 4.04 / RT

AMP using Rithmic /Ninja Direct for.......? Are you sure? or you mean Ninja Standart? I think only CQG /Ninja Direct is avalaible just now

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

trendwaves 
Florida
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Trading: ES, NQ, CL
Thanks Given: 2,898
Thanks Received: 2,525

santino View Post
AMP using Rithmic /Ninja Direct for.......? Are you sure? or you mean Ninja Standart? I think only CQG /Ninja Direct is avalaible just now

For clarification, I am simply trying to sort through my possible options with respect to being forced to move my trading from Mirus to a yet to be determined new home. I don't have an account with AMP, but am giving them equal consideration along with several other broker options. The threads on futures.io (formerly BMT) have been a tremendous help in my learning curve with respect to brokers and technologies that I have never worked with in the past.

My statement was based solely on the AMP Cost Calculator which does give the choice of NinjaTrader Direct or Standard Editions when I select Rithmic as the Data Feed. I had always selected Direct just to keep things simple (since it is Free). When I select Standard on the calculator the commission rate remains the same at $1.91. My assumption is in either case, Direct or Standard, the commission rate should be the same (not including TT Static DOM credits for the Standard Edition). So, No I am not sure if NinjaTrader Direct Edition is available for the new AMP/Rithmic Data Feed.

I spoke on the phone with an AMP broker on Tuesday, and was told to call back in a few days because they didn't have any information on the AMP/Rithmic technology being released when I tried to ask some specific questions about it. I called back on Thursday and was apparently given wrong information, which I posted up thread and had to later retract based on more accurate information provided here by several knowledgeable AMP clients posting here. Maybe the AMP brokers should read this thread before answering any more questions on the phone

AMP Cost Calculator

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Bogan 
Australia

MoscowOnHudson View Post
I just don't like that the TT Ninja combo doesn't have historical data, so even at the lower cost and free EUREX data, I "can't" really analyse the market from it, so I prefer executing with CQG even due to the slightly higher cost.

But you do get some backfill when using X_Trader, right?

trendwaves View Post
Can anyone confirm the new AMP/Rithmic server also provides historical tick data for NinjaTrader charts ?

Rithmic does not provide any tick backfill, there is simply no functionality for that in their API (though they provide minute bars for active contracts). So if you get any tick backfill on Rithmic with NT, it must be coming from NT, as Steve2222 says.

santino View Post
I think only CQG /Ninja Direct is avalaible just now

This is my understanding too.

tradersimon 
London

Platform: NinjaTrader, Metatrader, MarketDelta
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: 6E, ES, FGBL
Thanks Given: 21
Thanks Received: 19

First day live on AMP. No complaints whatsoever.

Koepisch 
@ Germany

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: FDAX
Thanks Given: 440
Thanks Received: 518

Hello,

i want to know if AMP (Clearing) provide a good customer portal with common features like trade history, downloadable statements, some statistics, withdrawel mgmt and such stuff? Can anybody make some anonymised screenshots of that. I haven't seen one post about that topic so far. So the question is whats "good". My Definition: RCG very very poor - Velocity excellent. I hope AMP is in between.

Thanks Koepisch

Tasker_182 
Cedar Rapids, iowa
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader - Continuum
Thanks Given: 476
Thanks Received: 1,401

Koepisch View Post
Hello,

i want to know if AMP (Clearing) provide a good customer portal with common features like trade history, downloadable statements, some statistics, withdrawel mgmt and such stuff? Can anybody make some anonymised screenshots of that. I haven't seen one post about that topic so far. So the question is whats "good". My Definition: RCG very very poor - Velocity excellent. I hope AMP is in between.

Thanks Koepisch

I think i already posted about this somewhere, regardless, the portal is low in content. Sorry no screenshots. There is no trading history, there are no downloadable statements. It is pretty bare.
You can reconfigure your account/platform/data feed as they have many choices.
You can create sub accounts.
You can perform withdrawal requests.
You can transfer funds to FXCM.

Regardless of the portal, I automatically get daily trade statements, monthly trade statements and tax statement e-mailed to me.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. Oscar Wilde
Thanked by:
shanemcdonald28
new york

Thanks Given: 665
Thanks Received: 582

Concerning AMP
no the trade history and account activity will be in pdf format sent daily, monthly.
I cannot view these things in the portal.
Only overview of balances in trading account, but no online viewing of detailed activity.

It is the same for me at Vision financial.
not much in the client portal. that is not through a broker though.

These things don't matter to me. The statements are emailed to me without a glitch and that's fine.
PDF on the computer, print a hard copy and file.

Trade history detailed reports I find to be dependent on the platform.

With Sierra chart and TT amp, I cant even see my account balance from within the platform ! what in the hell is that ?
Ridiculous if you ask me.

Ninja ? all details readily available and also with Multicharts.

I would think these things should be viewable easily in an online portal also.
My main clearing account is at TD Ameritrade and the account information available at every level is unbeatable.

Thanked by:
 Koepisch 
@ Germany

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: FDAX
Thanks Given: 440
Thanks Received: 518

Can anybody confirm that if you are using Ninjatrader with CQG (and AMP of course) the datafeed / execution is routed to the CQG server in london? As i know the broker have to set the NEW cqg server ip manually via license or ??? .

Thanks Koepisch

patidar 
Pergatory

Platform: Smoke signals
Broker: Two cans on a string
Trading: Drums

Concerning AMP,

watch your commisions,fees that they charge. What they say and what they do is two different things.

In the past they were charging me RT of 6.57 for CL trading, they never gave me a refund for the

'miscalculation' and I just let if go. I was new then with them and wasnt trading that much.,so the amountwas not large.

Its the principle! and law.

BEWARE,as I watch daily what they do.

Their customer service has improved drastically for the better though,with the chat box etc.

Might also be the fallout of Mirus and they are grabbing customers along with Corzine fiasco
few years ago. So its good for all.

I see they have been banned here, dont want to know the soap opera....sick of soap operas at all levels in life,could care less.

Tasker_182 
Cedar Rapids, iowa
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader - Continuum
Thanks Given: 476
Thanks Received: 1,401

patidar View Post
Concerning AMP,

watch your commisions,fees that they charge. What they say and what they do is two different things.

In the past they were charging me RT of 6.57 for CL trading, they never gave me a refund for the

'miscalculation' and I just let if go. I was new then with them and wasnt trading that much.,so the amountwas not large.

Its the principle! and law.

BEWARE,as I watch daily what they do.

Their customer service has improved drastically for the better though,with the chat box etc.

Might also be the fallout of Mirus and they are grabbing customers along with Corzine fiasco
few years ago. So its good for all.

I see they have been banned here, dont want to know the soap opera....sick of soap operas at all levels in life,could care less.

Doesn't matter who your broker is, always watch your daily statements, it is a "job requirement" according to my boss (who is ME!).

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. Oscar Wilde
Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 22, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts