NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

AMP Futures / AMP Global Review

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mattz with 41 posts (73 thanks)
    2. looks_two Scalpguy with 31 posts (26 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 25 posts (68 thanks)
    4. looks_4 steve2222 with 21 posts (29 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kalalex with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 mattz with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 steve2222 with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 341,761 views
    2. thumb_up 844 thanks given
    3. group 163 followers
    1. forum 595 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Search this Thread

AMP Futures / AMP Global Review

tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532

slickiam View Post
I agree. Try to ask a question to any person from AMP and they will bring a lot of pain for your mind.
They are absolutely ignorant.

Ridiculous...

see previous post

AJ
Nashville, Tennessee

"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

patidar 
Pergatory

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Smoke signals
Broker: Two cans on a string
Trading: Drums

tderrick View Post
Ridiculous...

see previous post

I agree TD, I have been with them for 2 years. Besides my commision issue which I have noted for all,no problems at all.

One incident,one bad apple is not a barometer of the whole.

If you have a alterior motive for bashing them please say that issue. Blanket statements

like ones made above shows me something else....

patidar 
Pergatory

patidar View Post
I agree TD, I have been with them for 2 years. Besides my commision issue which I have noted for all,no problems at all.

One incident,one bad apple is not a barometer of the whole.

If you have a alterior motive for bashing them please say that issue. Blanket statements

like ones made above shows me something else....

'
He said the margins are posted. I pointed out to him that those are in US dollars and asked him what the margins are OR how they calculate them for accounts in other currencies. He kept dodging the question and said that they have 'their own calculations'. When I asked him what they were, he had no answer for me. Finally, he admitted he had no clue about that.'

There is no merit to this statement Anagami, I think you have fabricated this.
They would have told you we will get back to you with a answer or hand it off to someone else who has a answer.

The answer is so rudimentary,its silly. Even the question has no merit being a Foreign trader you know the
answer and how its derived,so why even ask them something naive like that?

BTW, AMP and all brokers in the USA are regulated and are required by law to provide service that is under the jurisdiction of these bylaws.
Vast majority abide by them.

Yes we have had the PFT,Global fiascos and many others.

supermht 
Naperville IL

Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: NT broker
Trading: NQ ES 6E GC CL
Thanks Given: 1,189
Thanks Received: 661

I was with them 2 years ago, it is the worst customer service I 've seen. from attitude and knowledge, horrible

Thanked by:

patidar 
Pergatory

'Sometimes you just cant win.' -David Gilmor(PF)

Yes they may have Sucked,they have Unsucked now. That is the point.

Heck look at Mirus futures,top of the line reputation and service for years(btw they were my broker before I switched
2 years ago)...they are almost have gone to a no nothing in a few months in the customer service department.

I am out, there seems to be some 'essues' with AMP on this board previously. I dont want to open up those scabs.

I totally respect your opinions and totally understand where you are coming from. Been there done that with others.

Caveat emptor still holds true.

Alot of times these brokers dont have our interests as their primary goal. Duh.

https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/

tderrick 
Nashville, Tennessee

Platform: Ninja / Jigsaw / 9G
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: NQ, YM and ES
Thanks Given: 4,260
Thanks Received: 2,532

patidar View Post
'

The answer is so rudimentary,its silly. Even the question has no merit being a Foreign trader you know the
answer and how its derived,so why even ask them something naive like that?

Wow, I thought the question was specialized. ... shows how much I know about that subject

AJ
Nashville, Tennessee

"Life On The Edge of SR"
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

patidar 
Pergatory

TD ,I asked a similar question to AMP a few weeks ago.

It was asked on the chatbox and Dave after investigating came back within a few minutes with a answer.

It had to do with having a NRI account and trading from India. A data question and how I could transfer the
money back and forth.

Yes,it can be a intricate question. I do apologise, I was saying the conversion question is quick and whatever
fees incurred should be told to the client instantly. I presume Angami was looking for just that ,mine was a little
involved and patiently waited for a answer and got a answer that I was happy with.

Ya next.

Broker/Data: Two cans on a string <<<<<<<<<<<< my new broker if AMP flames out.

Tasker_182 
Cedar Rapids, iowa
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader - Continuum
Thanks Given: 476
Thanks Received: 1,401

A lot of people bash Amp and have done so for quite some time and others, like myself, have been with them for a while and wondered about the things we read. I can only go by my own experience and report that i've never had a problem that wasn't quickly and correctly resolved. Yes they make mistakes, yes they can miscommunicate, but i suspect that happens to everyone at one point.

That said, if you are the kind of person that needs your hand held every step of the way, and you treat every answer/response with undue suspicion and hostility, then you might be better off with a more touchy-feely (small) kinda firm like the one that has recently been bashed so much for having great customer service but then dropped the ball big time, oopsie... (Sorry that was rather mean but the point is customer service isn't everything).

Look, smaller firms want your business way more than Amp, thats just how it is, that's their (smaller firms) way of getting in the game, and the smaller firms will give you that "personal" service to make you "feel' good but they can be limited in what they offer. Amp on the other hand offers reasonable rates and great flexibility in datafeeds/platforms. In the last couple of years they have evolved their on-line support tech and it has been great when i needed it (not often). So for me Amp meets my needs.

So if you were at that one firm, here is a recording that may be of some help BrokerRecording.7z

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. Oscar Wilde
Thanked by:
 supermht 
Naperville IL

Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: NT broker
Trading: NQ ES 6E GC CL
Thanks Given: 1,189
Thanks Received: 661

yes, that is your own experience, not all client's, I heard a lot bad reviews about their customer service too, and of course, I am one of them.

Thanked by:

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

AMP customer service team has grown rapidly over the past two years to keep up with the increased NinjaTrader users. All of the help desk agents are fully trained to technically support the NinjaTrader platform. Over the past few weeks there has been multiple data connections added and the AMP customer service team has worked even on weekends to help the NinjaTrader users get back to trading quickly. AMP Customers Service is available 24 hours per day starting Sunday at 4:45pm CST until Friday at 5:00pm CST via Phone or Live Chat. If you have any questions, requiring higher than level I support - please e-mail the AMP help desk managers directly: [email protected]

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Last Updated on March 22, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts