NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

AMP Futures / AMP Global Review

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mattz with 41 posts (75 thanks)
    2. looks_two Scalpguy with 31 posts (26 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 25 posts (68 thanks)
    4. looks_4 steve2222 with 21 posts (29 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kalalex with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 mattz with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 steve2222 with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 346,162 views
    2. thumb_up 846 thanks given
    3. group 163 followers
    1. forum 595 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Search this Thread

AMP Futures / AMP Global Review

Your demo account
Volgograd

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 11

Here's my photo by the way. So that you understand who I am . I am not afraid to show myself because I have always remained honest where bills need to be paid and I ask the broker to cancel all my paid subscriptions to quotes because it is not fair to pay and not use. Can you do this, or is it also subject to sanctions?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	futures io.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	323407  

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Airsoftor 
Ladysmith BC, Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Meta Trader
Trading: Crude Oil
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 7

Thank you, I was considering changing over to them.
kalalex View Post
This is solely based on my experience.

One word. They suck.

First they overcharged commission than what they agreed and it took more than 2 weeks to refund that $2.
It took too many phone calls and emails to get my $2 back.

Talking about phone calls. They proudly announced that they have dedicated trading desk line. Half the time I called the line
it just doesn't connect. I can't know if it's the problem with phone line itself or understaff problem.

Talking about understaff,,,I read here on futures.io (formerly BMT) that Dan, owner of AMP, talked down on Optimus of small staff. I don't know how he trains his staffs but it was never pleasant to talk to any of them. I don't know if they realize that they work in financial SERVICE industry. The way I see it those 3 or 4 employees at Optimus do way better job than how many they have at AMP.

Now this really pisses me off.
They started charging extra fee for CQG recently.
The contract I signed when I opened the account might give them the right to charge any extra they want without my consent but I think it's a common courtesy to at least notify customers.

So for me AMP's is -5 on 1 to 10 scale.

PS: Mike, if this posting is out of line of your forum policy you can delete, lock, or what ever you have to do to maintain your forum.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 Dasani 
United States of America

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Received: 40

Airsoftor View Post

A $2 refund?

A $1 increase for CQG?

AMP notified me of that large $1 increase. It took my breath away.

Arch 
W.Coast, USA.

Platform: Anything
Trading: Emini
Thanks Given: 106
Thanks Received: 381

Not being rude here, but if a $2 charge is enough to complain over, then trust me - trading futures with real money is most definitely not suitable for you.

ValueFocused 
Chicago, Illinois

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, YM
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 103

Airsoftor View Post

Something to keep in mind is that post you quoted is from 2012. It's possible things may have changed

Thanked by:
 TradeVersion 
Berlin, Germany

Platform: MotiveWave, NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP Futures, IB
Trading: YM, NQ, ES, 6E
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 6

Please be aware. There was a data breach at AMP Global Europe. I got this email from them:

Quoting 
This notice is limited to only AMP Global LTD (Europe) accounts.

If you have an account at both AMP Global LTD (Europe) and AMP Futures (USA) - there are no known data leaks for AMP Futures (USA).

Nature of the breach

We started receiving notices from our AMP Global LTD (Europe) clients that they were being contacted by a scammer. The scammer said they were employee of AMP Global LTD (Europe) and that AMP (Europe) was closing operations and they needed the clients banking information to transfer funds back to their bank account or they had bitcoin that they needed to transfer back to the clients. It was obviously fake, scammer communication that was identified and reported by our clients.
Once we received multiple reports from different clients, we launched a full investigation into our security systems to try to identify a breach. We found no security breaches to any of our networks or data bases. Once it was confirmed that it was not a breach of our network, we shift our attention internally. This is where we found the source of the data leak. One of our Customer Service agent’s logins was compromised, which exposed our clients’ profile.

Measures taken to address the breach and mitigate the possible effects.

Once identified as internal staff user data leak, we changed all our staffs’ user login password and locked the access IP.

After making these changes, we continued to monitor access and found no more logins from unknown users.

Consequences of the breach

Access to our client portal as a customer service staff user, exposed our clients’ profile.

Recommendations to clients to mitigate the adverse effects.

If you receive any calls like this, please hang up immediately and report to AMP Global (Europe) Compliance [email protected]

There was no known access to any individual client’s logins and no access to any password. But as a security best practice, it is suggested that you change your password to both your AMP Client Portal Login and your MT5 Trading Account Login.

Here are the steps to follow:

Steps to reset your AMP Client Portal Login password:

Login your AMP Client Portal > Profile > Click Change Password

https://account.ampglobal.com/Profile/IndividualProfile

Steps to reset your MT5 trading account password:

https://faq.ampglobal.com/hc/en-us/articles/10883205080471-How-do-I-get-my-LIVE-MetaTrader-5-MT5-log-in-credentials-

Name and contact of the data protection officer within the company.

Full name of legal entity: AMP Global Ltd

They didn't mention what specific user data was breached but one should be cautious.

Last Updated on March 22, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts