NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

AMP Futures / AMP Global Review

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mattz with 41 posts (73 thanks)
    2. looks_two Scalpguy with 31 posts (26 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 25 posts (68 thanks)
    4. looks_4 steve2222 with 21 posts (29 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kalalex with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 mattz with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 steve2222 with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 341,980 views
    2. thumb_up 844 thanks given
    3. group 163 followers
    1. forum 595 posts
    2. attach_file 44 attachments

Search this Thread

AMP Futures / AMP Global Review

kalalex 
Up the Ladder, CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Broker: Optimus & AMP
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 261
Thanks Received: 151

kalalex View Post
You should give me some credit at this point. I know what I'm supposed to do ON MY END to fix this problem and it's not working. They simply can NOT find my email address while I have no problem receiving the statements to the SAME email addresses I used to reset the client portal.

It's too late I think. I've given up on them and complaints are filed already.

Reason for my posting here is just to let people know what they can expect from AMP in return of small margin and low commission. In my case it was the customer service that I had to give up. You can get help from the live chat for insignifact issues or questions and they are good for those only. I was going to leave them anyways to trade bigger sizes and according to Big Mike's old posting that only IB can offer SIPC protection so I'm moving over.

I just moved to Ninjatrader since I have lifetime license. I really SHOULDN'T have tried to save $0.30 on commission with AMP. I have a dedicated account rep that answers my calls to answer any questions I have. That alone is a HUGE difference. I'll write another review on Ninjatrader Brokerage in the pertinent thread once I set it up and make a few trades.

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Mozart2112
Minoqua Wi USA

Thanks Given: 68
Thanks Received: 82

kalalex View Post
I just moved to Ninjatrader since I have lifetime license. I really SHOULDN'T have tried to save $0.30 on commission with AMP. I have a dedicated account rep that answers my calls to answer any questions I have. That alone is a HUGE difference. I'll write another review on Ninjatrader Brokerage in the pertinent thread once I set it up and make a few trades.

I can see your broker was Optimus that clears through AMP. Just like Ninjatrader is your broker/rep that clears through Dorman/Philips. You didn't like Matt from Optimus as your dedicated Rep? I thought he is very good.

kalalex 
Up the Ladder, CA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Broker: Optimus & AMP
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 261
Thanks Received: 151

Mozart2112 View Post
I can see your broker was Optimus that clears through AMP. Just like Ninjatrader is your broker/rep that clears through Dorman/Philips. You didn't like Matt from Optimus as your dedicated Rep? I thought he is very good.

To be clear, it has nothing to do with Optimus. It was AMP that was causing the problems.

Started this thread Reply With Quote
 noushina 
lansing, michigan

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MT5, NT8
Broker: AMP, CQG
Trading: MES, MYM, MNQ, M2K
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 27

Self Directed IRA AMP MIDLAND IB Interactive Brokers

Just thought that I would share this, as someone may benefit at some point.

In Feb 2021 AMP Futures were hacked in some way. They told everyone to change their PW to the AMP portal.
I've been locked out of my AMP portal for 3 months now.

I tried to change my PW many times, but no luck. My Username and email were not even recognized. After about a month the [email protected] person finally responded to my STILL UNABLE TO LOGIN messages. Said he was now working with the Portal IT people (person?). At some point they get my UN and email to be recognized, but still cant change PW. A few weeks later I am told. "Oh your account was locked. We've unlocked it. Try it now." Nada.

About every two weeks I get a response, although the last couple appear to just be the robotic response: "your account has been reset, follow these instructions to reset your PW" Found out that the manager's name is Daniel Martin and emailed him (not sure if it is the same Daniel that sometimes answers the chat help line). The loginhelp person has been even less helpful since my communication with Daniel. Must be I have now been deemed a trouble-maker for complaining about being locked out of my portal account for 3 months with minimal communication from the people who are supposed to be helping.

I have a self directed IRA with Midland, and asked Midland what it would cost to close my account with AMP, and it's $250. If I wait to close my account at AMP after it is two years old, I only have to pay MIDLAND $150 to close it, but I will have to pay the annual Midland fee of $250 first. Which means if I sit on my AMP account for another 8 months I can close it for $400 ($250 + $150). Geez.

It seems I can open an IRA to trade futures at IB for free. No fees.

Well live and learn.

Thanked by:
 kell490 
Phoenix

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 9

I have been lucky not to have those problems with AMP I was able to change my password when they said to. I haven't traded because of the problems with Sierra Charts and CQG several post on their support forum complaints about not able to get out of positions loss of money. Sierra is working on a direct order routing solution with the CME from what I can understand from the forum post but I'm not exactly sure if that is something I can use. I have not done any live trading yet until something is fixed I may have to use a different platform I really like Sierra gotten used to using it.

Thanked by:
 noushina 
lansing, michigan

Platform: MT5, NT8
Broker: AMP, CQG
Trading: MES, MYM, MNQ, M2K
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 27

kell490 View Post
I have been lucky not to have those problems with AMP I was able to change my password when they said to. . . .

Ya. AMP is at least trying. They sent me another email this morning that was not a robot message. I tried a different browser, turned off my Avast, and used a new PW that I could never possibly have tried before, but still get the message:
"Invalid Reset ID passed, if you have reset your password more than once please make sure you are using the link in the most recent email that you received."

I don't really want to mess around changing broker, and opening a self directed IRA with IB. But I do hope they get this resolved. It makes me nervous knowing that it is related to a hacking incident.

Thanked by:
 redneck4Christ 
Vancouver, WA

Platform: Jigsaw, MC.NET, ToS, SC
Broker: APEX,IronBeam/Rithmic, ToS
Trading: Emini ES & CL
Thanks Given: 1,032
Thanks Received: 146

noushina View Post
Self Directed IRA AMP MIDLAND IB Interactive Brokers

Just thought that I would share this, as someone may benefit at some point.

In Feb 2021 AMP Futures were hacked in some way. They told everyone to change their PW to the AMP portal.
I've been locked out of my AMP portal for 3 months now.

I tried to change my PW many times, but no luck. My Username and email were not even recognized. After about a month the [email protected] person finally responded to my STILL UNABLE TO LOGIN messages. Said he was now working with the Portal IT people (person?). At some point they get my UN and email to be recognized, but still cant change PW. A few weeks later I am told. "Oh your account was locked. We've unlocked it. Try it now." Nada.

About every two weeks I get a response, although the last couple appear to just be the robotic response: "your account has been reset, follow these instructions to reset your PW" Found out that the manager's name is Daniel Martin and emailed him (not sure if it is the same Daniel that sometimes answers the chat help line). The loginhelp person has been even less helpful since my communication with Daniel. Must be I have now been deemed a trouble-maker for complaining about being locked out of my portal account for 3 months with minimal communication from the people who are supposed to be helping.

I have a self directed IRA with Midland, and asked Midland what it would cost to close my account with AMP, and it's $250. If I wait to close my account at AMP after it is two years old, I only have to pay MIDLAND $150 to close it, but I will have to pay the annual Midland fee of $250 first. Which means if I sit on my AMP account for another 8 months I can close it for $400 ($250 + $150). Geez.

It seems I can open an IRA to trade futures at IB for free. No fees.

Well live and learn.

You might ask Midland about keeping the account with them but changing brokers. I'm pretty sure Midland was a choice I could use with another broker like Stage 5 or Ironbeam. It would probably be worth at least asking and looking into it a bit.

Mozart2112
Minoqua Wi USA

Thanks Given: 68
Thanks Received: 82

It wasn't AMP that was hacked! It was a Compilation of Many Breaches: COMB this was all over the news, over 3 billion usernames. Maybe there was one or two of AMP's clients that were affected but how is that AMP's fault. I think they did there due diligence in this incident. Sometimes maybe we forget there is inherent risk to doing anything online. All I hear is lots of blame and no personal responsibility. IMHO

redneck4Christ 
Vancouver, WA

Platform: Jigsaw, MC.NET, ToS, SC
Broker: APEX,IronBeam/Rithmic, ToS
Trading: Emini ES & CL
Thanks Given: 1,032
Thanks Received: 146

Mozart2112 View Post
It wasn't AMP that was hacked! It was a Compilation of Many Breaches: COMB this was all over the news, over 3 billion usernames. Maybe there was one or two of AMP's clients that were affected but how is that AMP's fault. I think they did there due diligence in this incident. Sometimes maybe we forget there is inherent risk to doing anything online. All I hear is lots of blame and no personal responsibility. IMHO

Now there you go. You are a good fit for AMP. You provide info they require by the method AMP requires but somehow it is your fault if that data is compromised.

Thanked by:

Jonson 
Russia, St.Petersburg

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, CQG Desktop
Broker: NinjaTrader/CQG
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 218
Thanks Received: 118

Hi guys!
You will not believe, but fortune is with me and this broker again. I recently made a new account with them, traded for one week in plus without a single minos deal, then made a request to connect to a new exchange, and after that my account was blocked. Later it turns out that my account has already been closed and I can withdraw money, of course I have withdrawn it. And most importantly, I did not hear a single answer on what basis they closed my account, their answer comes down to simple concepts like "we don't have to explain anything to you, etc."
I'll tell you this, don't work with them if you don't want problems.
They're on my blacklist!
GOOD LUCK

* If investing gets too difficult for a seventh grader to understand, the system is needlessly complex
* Markets produce an enormous volume of information, much of which is redundant
* In every game and con there's always an opponent, and there's always a victim. The trick is to know when you're the latter, so you can become the former
Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 22, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts