NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

FESX Trading Journal Using GOM Indicators

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one TIFONTrader with 97 posts (35 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 5 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 petrmac with 2 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one petrmac with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two rani with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 TIFONTrader with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 20,071 views
    2. thumb_up 45 thanks given
    3. group 10 followers
    1. forum 107 posts
    2. attach_file 76 attachments

Search this Thread

FESX Trading Journal Using GOM Indicators

TIFONTrader 
Prague Czech Republic

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart, daytradr
Broker: EdgeClear
Trading: Eurex Futures
Thanks Given: 1,338
Thanks Received: 451

Big Mike's challenge made me think of finally getting into it and starting the journal.

THIS IS GOING TO BE A JOURNAL OF MY PAPER TRADES, as I am still in the beginning phases of trading.

I plan to start the journal on Monday, March 5.

Meanwhile, attached is a snapshot of my everyday pre-market analysis for the next trading day that I regularly post on Stock Twits, Twitter and Facebook.

It can be seen in it that I use Gom indicators (Elite section) and the chart setting is fully inspired by L2ST value based trading.
(Please note that I am not their member or used any of their products, just read all their blog posts and seen the videos. I do not trade their setups as in fact I am not sure what exactly they are.)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pre_market_for_28022012.png
Views:	581
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	64679  
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

TIFONTrader 
Prague Czech Republic

As can be seen from my previous post, I use Value-Based Trading strategy.

For trading setups I use Gom volume ladder and MP and Gom CD, all charts are set to 5 range bars.

My strategy is based on trading from support and resistance levels (defined on previous day) in the direction of "least resistance".

"Least resistance" in my terms is defined as supply/demand development shown in bid-ask numbers in the volume ladder. In short, either the selling/buyng dries out or the "supply meets demand", the bulls or bears are trapped and thus the stop-losses and psychology works in my favor.

Attached you can find examples of the setups described above.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	drying out.png
Views:	390
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	64680   Click image for larger version

Name:	supply meets demand.png
Views:	350
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	64681  
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

TIFONTrader 
Prague Czech Republic

My first trading day is over.
My first trade is over.

Following my pre-market analysis, I had a few S/R areas marked in my chart to indicate where to look for setups.
Rarely does it happen (according to my backtest) that there is a signal in "pre-market" hours, or more plainly, during the first bar.

This situation occured today but I did not take the trade.

Following that first mistake another mistake followed. I took a trade which did not have any clear signal and was opposite to my first intention.

Result: loss 5 ticks/contract (see attachment)

MY MISTAKES were caused:
1) by fear
2) by wanting to be right

MY SUCCESSES TODAY:
1) As soon as I fully realized what I have done (still in the trade), I managed the loosing trade well and closed it before my initial SL was hit (8 ticks).
2) I did not take any impulse trades, despite that I wanted to .

Since I trade only during the first four hours of trading, I did not take any more trades.

AFTERTHOUGHTS:
It was a big lesson today, even though only confirming what I already know about myself. I need to work around my need to be right and around my fear to pull the first trigger. I have to remind myself that it is a probabilistic game and that I am able to manage the trade.

Even though my first trade ended up in loss, it was sheer joy to learn about myself and I am looking forward to trading tomorrow. And by the way, I did a recording of my trade (too large a file for posting anywhere, besides it is in Czech and private ).

Thanks for following me.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20120305.png
Views:	343
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	64990  
Thanked by:

TIFONTrader 
Prague Czech Republic

And not only for the market but for myself, too.

On the attached snapshot it can be seen that I took four trades today, which is the maximum trades that my trading plan allows per day. I also reached my target loss of 5% FOR A WEEK. In case of live trading, I would go back to paper trading.

Since this is a paper trading journal, I am still learning and today the lesson was really valuable, I, of course, will continue to trade.

Trade #1
Screatched - BE. Shorted the first (open) bar correctly, scratched the next bar out of mere fear and uncertainty even before the bar closed.

Trade #2
I assumed that the market could close the opening gap so I entered on the next setup. The setup was MORE OR LESS correct, however I did not manage the trade well even thoug I could see that it did not develop into what I expected and I let the stop loss to be hit.
Loss: 8 ticks per contract

Then, it seemed that I completely forgot to short

Trade #3
The setup was not clear enough, I took it despite of that. I did not manage it well again as I let it hit the stop even though I could see it was not developing as it should (hope and preyers are useless here ).

Trade #4
It was a nice setup and around a quite strong S/R area. However, with approaching noon, I knew there was going to be some chop. This trade was just sort of "out of fun". I secretely wished it would go my way but I was not granted that wish.

LESSONS LEARNED:
Areas to work on (weaknesses):
Fear again
Fighting the trend
No trade management today (maybe after the first mismanaged trade)
Entry on unclear setup

What to do:
I do need that checklist for the morning (have it in my trading plan, still not ready).
I do need to define my setups more precisely.

I am still learning and I like the way delta was developing today. I spotted a few things to notice in my next trades.

Thanks for reading thus far .

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20120306.png
Views:	312
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	65152  
 rani 
Prague, Czech Republic

Experience: Advanced
Platform: AgenaTrader, Track'nTrade
Broker: DeCarley/OEC, IBKR, IQFeed
Trading: futures, options
Thanks Given: 66
Thanks Received: 84

Greetings to a fellow Bohemian -
Good job with your journal, keep going and good luck with trading!

Thanked by:

TIFONTrader 
Prague Czech Republic

rani View Post
Greetings to a fellow Bohemian -
Good job with your journal, keep going and good luck with trading!

Greetings to you, too .
My efforts are just starting, I am at the very beginning and even after the first three days I have piles of stuff to learn!
Thanks for your support.

TIFONTrader 
Prague Czech Republic

Today I took two trades.

Trade #1
I entered the first trade based on a very clear signal. I managed to live through several heats but was too greedy and did not close the position at my previously determined target. I managed only to move my SL to BE+1.
Result: +1 tick/contract

Trade #2
This trade was rather wrong. I forgot that I do not trade from that area unless there is a clear trend which there was not. I scratched it.
Result: -6 ticks/contract

LESSONS LEARNED:
Either stick to 2 contracts to be able take the first profit target and than manage the remaining contract, or adjust my trade management. However, that will come only with experience (watching and understanding what the market is doing).

Experience is invaluable.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20120307.png
Views:	304
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	65351  

TIFONTrader 
Prague Czech Republic

I realized today that it is no good to trade overexhausted.

So much of special concentration to which I am not used to takes its toll. I guess I need to accustom. But I do not give up.

Three trades today, all of them losses, all of them stop loss hits. The last one was managed a bit, I moved my SL closer because of the price action and cumulative delta behaviour.
The losses webe a bit smaller since I made some adjustments to my entries which seems to be working.

There is no need to summarize each trade separately. I did not focus very well today on the charts and completely forgot to follow the bigger picture. In fact I completely forgot the basic principles of the market auction and instead concentrated on pure signals.

I reformulated my morning checklist. Am preparing a summary of this week which I intend to post on weekend.

Thanks for following me.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20120308.png
Views:	247
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	65535  

TIFONTrader 
Prague Czech Republic

Today I am posting early as we are going dancing tonight .

I was ready to both sell and buy the market today.

Trade #1
First opportunity came during the first bar, third bar only confirmed it. The first contract hit my profit target, I managed the second contract and as soon as I saw quick buyers coming into the market, I closed the second contract and entered a buy order, however was not filled. I stopped trading afterwards as the market slowed down and did not give me any more reasonable signals before noon. I trade only till noon.

1 trade: 17 ticks profit.

LESSONS LEARNED:

Fast market requires fast reaction. I am glad I did not think too long... Maybe I got a glipse of "stay tuned to the market" state.

Oh, how much I wanted to overtrade afterwards.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20120309.png
Views:	278
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	65693  
Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 20, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts