NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Pajot's Trading Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Pajot with 132 posts (24 thanks)
    2. looks_two aquarian1 with 10 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 nakachalet with 8 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 6 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Hotch with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 0.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 aquarian1 with 0.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Pajot with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 21,233 views
    2. thumb_up 37 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 161 posts
    2. attach_file 119 attachments

Search this Thread

Pajot's Trading Journal

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,215
Thanks Received: 101,603

Pajot View Post
When ES is quiet, maybe like today, and if the price action is not giving the signals you would like, what do you do to still make a living from your trading? What instruments are preferred or used in parallel? Would you trade CL, ETF, 6E, gold, silver, treasury, options? Wondering if people normally branch out and diversify, hedging bets or trading different instrument to make sure they get action every day.

ES moved over 20 points from Monday's close to Tuesday's close. That is plenty for me to not get bored.

I trade mostly Euro and ES.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks

nakachalet 
siam, west coast andaman sea

Experience: Master
Platform: ninja
Trading: gc, cl, tf, 6e

Pajot View Post
Starting the journal for the March challenge. I will try to get the list of trades from today and post them soon, then get back with more about myself, my trading strategy, and so on, tomorrow. Surprisingly, my strategy did well today, so I am starting the month on a positive note.

Wow: my first post on nexusfi.com (formerly BMT)! So glad to be here, among traders...

Cheers,

Pajot

may i piggyback on the first post, pls.

was also trying to go back to find initial post by mike regarding what should and should not do while creating a trading journal here. did not want to unintentionally ruffle mike's feathers too much.

practically approaching 3 scores and ten, typing surely in never one of my favorites, as is evidential in no capitalizing in my text. my apology as well.

so i'll let the attachments entertain you rather than providing long captivating verbiage, K?

may i draw your kind attention to the facts that practically 95% of everything in the pix are derived from big mike trading library; there are only some deviations which are imperative for individual differences in trading plans, stratifications, strategies and implementations et al.

time is really a constrain in my situation. six builders have not shown up for work several days now. anyway, enjoy.

nakachalet 

nakachalet View Post

was also trying to go back to find initial post by mike regarding what should and should not do while creating a trading journal here. did not want to unintentionally ruffle mike's feathers too much.

practically approaching 3 scores and ten, typing surely in never one of my favorites, as is evidential in no capitalizing in my text. my apology as well.

so i'll let the attachments entertain you rather than providing long captivating verbiage, K?

may i draw your kind attention to the facts that practically 95% of everything in the pix are derived from big mike trading library; there are only some deviations which are imperative for individual differences in trading plans, stratifications, strategies and implementations et al.

time is really a constrain in my situation. six builders have not shown up for work several days now. anyway, enjoy.

nakachalet 

nakachalet View Post

nakachalet 

there are some very short videos but not sure how to upload them, or are we allowed to do that to enliven even more lively demonstration of an anatomy of how a live trade progresses positively or negatively to its conclusion.

i presume, my skills and experiences to upload from jing isn't quite sufficient at the moment, sorry everyone. will learn more about on how to upload video from jing later. thx much everyone for your patience. cheers and profitable trading, y'al.

HEY HEY HEY.... what do y'al know.... LOL :

the short video is uploaded at long last, after many agonizing minutes. got to go horsing around with my great great great grand children now.... LOL

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: 2012-03-06t_going_short_on_CL.swf
 Pajot 
Toronto, ON

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 38

Big Mike View Post
ES moved over 20 points from Monday's close to Tuesday's close. That is plenty for me to not get bored.

I trade mostly Euro and ES.

Mike

That's why I made sure to say "maybe like today" . The range wasn't too bad. I am also starting the engines only at 9:30, so 10 points left for RTH. Probably 6E and ES move enough in one day and require much of someone attention not to need more symbols. Curious if you trade the correlation between them or treat the patterns individually.

Thanks Mike!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,215
Thanks Received: 101,603

Pajot View Post
Curious if you trade the correlation between them or treat hhe patterns individually.

No correlation, I trade each separately.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Pajot 
Toronto, ON

nakachalet View Post

nakachalet View Post

Hey, nakachalet! Oh, how I want to enjoy what you sent... I am trying. Of course, thank you for posting, I guess.

At first, I thought you replied to the wrong thread. I understand very little from the meaning of the post. If it is about seeing some winning trades, I've seen a bunch and some better. These are impressive, but I am not sure what to learn from them. I cannot see the logic of your entries on the posted charts. Are all your trades winners? Can I see some losers and maybe with some explanation how the signal was there and then it didn't work out because of dot dot dot? No explanation of the system either. I tend to stay unimpressed by others' success, as a lot can be attributed to luck and can vanish quickly. I am happy for all who make it and I wish we could all be profitable, because there are a lot of pie slices out there. I don't feel any urge to get into the market so I can be successful like you, for instance. Just doing my thing…

About the indicators. I admit many of them can be useful, but I rarely use anything I didn't write myself. I get dizzy from all these charts posted online with so many graphical items, colors, and things that relate very little to the future success of a trade. My indicator puts a lot of crap on the chart and it organically got this way, an evolution from previous stages. I am still calling mine “the clown” because of the many colors.

I am looking and still have to find a good indicator to change my mind. I know they give good and bad signals. From my experience, 20% of the work is in using the indicator and the rest is spent on processing exceptions, which is not an easy thing to do. That's why I mostly focus on context and exceptions in my code, less on the input from 3rd party indicators. I doubt you will reply to this post with a comprehensive description of how to use the indicators to replicate your results.

I have decided the profits can come and go, so I'd rather write my code and have incremental value added to whatever I do, something I can start from once the PnL brings me back to Earth.

If the meaning of your post is that I should show more profit and better trades in my journal, then not applicable. My goal is neither to show how good my system is nor to entertain. My goal is to become a better trader, to take my automated system as far as I can, to have accountability given by an honest journal. Also, having to put things in writing forces me to have everything clear in my head first and that's helpful.

Not in a hurry to make profit either. So many bars in a day, so many markets and symbols...

I could trade manually some more and may have better results than the automated thing, but I've been there and am trying to put together as much smart code as possible to complement and maybe replace my flawed decision making. I am not fine with the idea that I have to blow my account to become a better trader. I lost, made it all back and some, then I decided to work on the code. I don't have money to lose, so I need to know why I am in any position and manage it as well as I can with my abilities. If I don't know what is going on, I should not be there, so you will see me trading in Sim a lot. My theory of the market is not there yet, but I am working on it.

Pajot 
Toronto, ON

Got the email: 10:30 AM - USD - Crude Oil Inventories.

Pajot 
Toronto, ON

..., I like 1350 and 1351.75 as possible bouncing levels.

Last Updated on April 30, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts