NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Ward's EUR/USD spot fx journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one thewardiknowof with 59 posts (36 thanks)
    2. looks_two trendisyourfriend with 18 posts (25 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 6 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 loeser with 3 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Nicolas11 with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two trendisyourfriend with 1.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 thewardiknowof with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 15,038 views
    2. thumb_up 72 thanks given
    3. group 6 followers
    1. forum 89 posts
    2. attach_file 82 attachments

Search this Thread

Ward's EUR/USD spot fx journal

thewardiknowof 
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: MT4, Tradingview
Broker: ThinkForex
Trading: Forex
Thanks Given: 200
Thanks Received: 51

Today's grade: A

Very encouraged by today's results. I was able again to identify direction changes, keep from missing changes or adding unwarranted changes. I understand this is a small part of trading and I have a long way to go. Yet this is a step in the right direction with which I am pleased.

Today's analysis was as follows:

In hindsight:
0325 -price began an upward push, trend is UP.
0450 -trend changed to DOWN as per the 50% rule.
0530 -trend confirmed DOWN breaking the prior swing low.
0735 -trend change to SIDEWAYS with range of 1.3200-1.3218 (I used 1.3222 the nearby resistance).
0800 -upper end of range was tested.
0845 -bottom of the range tested.

Real time analysis began at 0910
0930 -top of the range tested for a second time.
1005 -price breaks out of the range with strength to the upside, trend UP.
1055 -trend changed to DOWN as per 50% rule.
1205 -testing support.
1235 -stopped analysis for the day.

Next week, I will be away for holidays, so no posting. When I return I am going to begin adding analysis of strength and weakness to the charts when, currently unsure exactly how I am going to do this. Suggestions welcome.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
 thewardiknowof 
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Again I was pleased with my analysis of future direction, which went as follows:

In hindsight:
0320 -trend UP 50% rule.
0720 -direction change to sideways range 1.3218-1.3242.
0830 -break out to the upside, trend UP.

Real time analysis began at 0915:
1005 -trend change to range again from 1.3242-1.3270 and stayed such for the rest of my live analysis.

Have a great weekend everyone and best of trading next week.

Thanked by:
 thewardiknowof 
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Back from holiday's and took it a little slow today, grade: A.

I was very encouraged with the results of the future direction assessment.

In hindsight:

0815 -trend is down

Real-time analysis began at 0910

0930 -sideways direction change signaled, because of weakness I kept as downtrend.
1135 -direction changed to up.

Still trying to decide on how to mark and grade my identification and use of strength/weakness.

thewardiknowof 
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

I was able to assess future direction identifying all changes when in real-time and kept from adding unwarranted direction changes.

The 0630 direction change to down was because of weakness, although this was done in hindsight as I began real-time analysis at 0915 today.

When range changed to sideways at 0930 I felt the top of the range was 1.2950-1.2955 so I marked both.

thewardiknowof 
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Today's Future Trend Direction grade: A

Real-time analysis today began at 0910. At that time trend was UP and forming the boundaries for the sideways trend which began at 1015. I identified the range from 1.2949 - 1.2977.

It appears to me I successfully identified ALL direction changes during my live analysis without including any unwarranted changes.

I plan on continuing posting and grading my future direction analysis until I decide how to include real-time strength/weakness analysis on my charts. I am also considering beginning to add areas of trade opportunity, I identify, to my charts next week and grading them as well.

thewardiknowof 
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

I feel confident in my ability to assess future trend direction.

Today's Future Trend Direction grade: A

In hindsight I marked the trend as in a sideways range at 2240 yesterday. The range I felt was from 1.2904 to 1.2943, but with an area of supply at 1.2947 I used that as the upper boundary of the range. There were of course trend within the range, although not marked on the chart. I was able to identify them correctly while analyzing in real-time. There were no other direction changes as price stayed in the upper portion of the range.

As mentioned yesterday I will begin marking
areas of trade opportunity (according to my method and plan) I identify beginning Monday. Grading will be done at the end of my trading session. If I identified ALL areas of trading opportunity while in real-time without missing any or adding invalid opportunities I receive an A. For each opportunity area missed, identified incorrectly or invalid area added I drop a grade.

After I feel confident that I am correctly identifying areas of trading opportunity, and consistently getting A's, I will move on to the next step (a minimum of two weeks).

Again, any suggestions, thoughts or comments regarding this or my charts are welcome and encouraged!

To all the mother's, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

thewardiknowof 
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

I have come into a snag. Friday I was notified by Oanda that I must be an Accredited Investor (have over one million in net assets, earn over $200k /year) in order to trade forex (and futures) in Alberta, Canada. I have been spending time trying to resolve this issue. After contacting ASC (Alberta Securities Commission), I verified this to be true. As Oanda is under Canadian Regulations, this would apply to all their Canadian accounts. I am now looking into my options. Any suggestions would be great, I need help!

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,171
Thanks Received: 6,018

As far as i am concerned you don't have a lot of choices unless you try to open an account with a foreign country but i would not recommend it. You could also try to ask an exemption to the ASC. In Ontario or Quebec we do not have this type of limitation.

Thanked by:

bnichols 
Dartmouth NS

Platform: MC, MC.Net, NT, TWS
Broker: IB / IQFeed / Kids
Trading: Forex, stocks
Thanks Given: 64
Thanks Received: 460

thewardiknowof View Post
I have come into a snag. Friday I was notified by Oanda that I must be an Accredited Investor (have over one million in net assets, earn over $200k /year) in order to trade forex (and futures) in Alberta, Canada. I have been spending time trying to resolve this issue. After contacting ASC (Alberta Securities Commission), I verified this to be true. As Oanda is under Canadian Regulations, this would apply to all their Canadian accounts. I am now looking into my options. Any suggestions would be great, I need help!

I'm also Canadian and use Interactive Brokers (Canada) for spot Forex, mostly because I already had an account with them for stock trading, partly because IB is supported by NinjaTrader. 2 issues may be the data feed is sampled and historical tick data is not available. As I recall IB's financial criteria may not be as steep as Onana, minimum initial account size is $10,000.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 acbrasil 
somewhere, brazil

Platform: metatrader
Trading: forex
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 23

thewardiknowof View Post

That's just crazy! To trade FOREX!

Look at Thinkforex. Their spreads are similar to Oanda.. maybe just slightly higher, but you can get a rebate of $3/lot. Dukascopy is really good, but their java platform takes some getting used to. Dukas is even better than Oanda, IMHO.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 14, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts