BecomingaTrader Journal

BecomingaTrader 
Champaign, Champaign County

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 27

Here's are the volume micro-composites showing how price has stair-stepped up since the middle of December.

The major resistance levels to watch this week are the 1359.50 high volume node, then the 1350-1352.50 low volume. On any move lower, watch those locations for responsive buyers, especially around 1350-52.

There is quite a bit of POMO activity this week, plus tonight is the release that shows which banks took up LTRO money. If 50-52 breaks, I'll be looking for a test of 1330.75.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

BecomingaTrader 

I didn't get in at the start of the quick move down today as I was closing out a long, but the ES paused long enough to give me a chance to re-enter.

Trade 1: Long, Flush Signal
Profitable, but not the best of signals. I probably should not have taken this. Both MAs were up, but flat. Price was making higher highs and low, so I entered after the Flush signal just prior to open. The next bar was confirmed by the StochRSI. Out of all but the last scale at the Flush signal that marked the high of the day (unless it gets broken later this afternoon). The last scale was out at breakeven.

Trade 2: Short, Break of 33 and 99EMA, Break of Opening Range
This was nice. I held my runner until the first range bar closed up and formed a short term CCI divergence ("+") right at the High Volume Node at 1363.75 . That's when price closes outside the Keltner channel on the lowest bar of the last 8 bars, the bar closes up, and 45CCI closes up. These are good exit signals, especially after an extreme move.

SKIPPED TRADE
I didn't take the Flush signal on the 6CCI retrace, frankly because the recent action of "buy the dip and rip up." Plus, after a strong move such as the one that preceded it, I often wait for the second retrace, so it forms an A-B-C pattern.

Trade 3: Long, Divergence at CHVN
Price retested the CHVN and formed a divergence against the 45CCI. I waited until price closed inside the Keltner channel and above the Previous Day's Low to enter. I held until a possible retrace began to form off the 33EMA.

Trade 4: Short, Retrace off 99EMA
After the strong move this morning, I expected the trend down to continue. Entered on retrace of 6CCI confirmed by StochRSI. Nope. Stopped out for a loss.

And done.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

BecomingaTrader 

I don't know about everyone else, but days such as today are tough for me. It's easy to overtrade. I was lucky that there was a vet appointment for our cat, because I may have forced more. My first trade was at 6:30CST, next around 10, and the final at 1:18. The rest of the time was hand- or cat-sitting.

Trade 1: Short, Short Term and Long Term Divergence, Flush Signal
I don't take these when the 45CCI is greater than 200, but it dropped below on my entry bar. Still, I was only able to get my first 1pt scale before being stopped out on the rest.

With such a small rotation down, I was either looking for long retrace entries or a blow-off top. There was a slight pop with Flush right before the ISM numbers were released, but I don't trade through numbers, and I was at the vet anyway

Trade 2: Long, 6CCI Retrace
Not the cleanest of entries, so I only took a partial position, but the internals were strong, the MAs were up, and the 45CCI had been mostly positive. It bounced around, but never dropped below my entry bar, and I got both my scales.

Trade 3: Short, Flush, Reverse off 6CCI drive
I believe this is the first time that I've taken this trade while journaling. The Flush signal two bars before was a warning sign, but when the 6CCI has been above/below the zero line for a high number of bars (with these settings, 12), then I'll wait and take a reversal trade only when the Stochastic RSI crosses back from being overbought/oversold. This is marked by the white dots on the +200 lines of the CCI indicator. Volume was also being absorbed heavily at 1374.25-.50, so if price moved down, it could be a decent rotation. I've marked this on the Footprint chart below. I took my final scale when price was rejected twice off the previous day's VPOC.

BecomingaTrader 

Just like my last trade yesterday, there was a long setup in pre-market for the 6CCI Reversion trade. There was also one last night at 3:43CST, but I didn't want to watch the trade into the evening/overnight.

I'm still in this trade with only my last scale left, holding for either previous day VPOC, Gap fill, or stop out at breakeven.

BecomingaTrader 

Trade 1: Short, Retrace
The market had been in a downtrend since late the previous night, so it was possible that this was end of trend chop, but there with a large composite High Volume Node sitting below at 58-60 that was tested overnight, so there was a better than average chance it would be tested again. On this trade, I was mostly wrong. I got my first 1 point scale, but was stopped out of the remainder.

Trade 2: Short, Retrace, Break of 33EMA, Previous Low, Opening Swing Low
Same high level logic as trade 1. In addition, Price had tested down, then returned to just above the Open and had rejected. I entered when price pierced the 33EMA and was breaking through the Opening Swing Low and Previous Day's Low. Fast reward on this trade. I exited the last of my position at the Flush signal at the 58-60 CHVN. I expected price would either sit there for a while, or there would be a fast buy-the-dip retrace.

Trade 3: Long, Divergence, Flush, Price Testing Other Side of CHVN
This was a convergence of signals, but with price moving so slowly, I only took a partial position. I got my first scale, but was stopped out on for a loss on my final because I tightened up my stop when price chopped for an hour.

Thanked by:

BecomingaTrader 

A straightforward trend day with a slow grind down. In addition to the price action and the strongly negative $TICK, the SP500A/D indicator was strongly negative, too. It was under -400 all day, for the first time this year.

First Two Hours SP500A/D

Three trades: All Short, 6CCI/Stochastic RSI Retraces.

BecomingaTrader 

Got caught flat-footed today when price started to move up from 46 and missed the trade. 1346 was a significant CHVN on a volume composite profile from 12/19/2011, and my bias was that it was going to break up, but yesterday's move down made me skittish. Trade what you see. Trade what you see. Pffft.

So I was left with these two trades.

Trade 1: Divergence off CLVN
Only got two small scales, then was stopped out.

Trade 2: Divergence and Flush off CLVN
Price broke through the CLVN then rejected. Only one scale here.

And that's it. Made a pittance, bought a new iPad, and quickly sold my old one, so let's call it break-even.

BecomingaTrader 

I wanted to post something different today than just trades. Since it was a day with small reversals, here's my thoughts as the day progressed.

Location 1
Woke up to see the market extended significantly with divergences signalling. Checked out the 6E to see it up in the same way. Correlation between those two might mean trend day. However, with the market this extended and up against a composite Low Volume Node, I'm thinking countertrend, just in case this is the blow-off at the end of the trend that started yesterday.

Location 2
At the Open. The SP500 Advance/Decline breadth was >400 at the open and rising. The $TICK was near +800, but not at an extreme. All other indicators pointed up, so I was thinking trend day. There had been a 1-2-3 retrace from that fast pre-market push, so I was ready to enter a retrace.

Location 3
Okay. Price has not broken above the range from the first 5 minutes of a day. Warning sign. A/D and TICK are still high, but I was watching these closely. When they started to fall along with price, I began to re-consider a trend change. Get out and watch for a retracement after the trend change to enter short. All the indicators still show too much strength to go short too quickly.

Location 4
Price not pushing down. The 45CCI hasn't even gone below -50. Might need a test of the Opening Swing Low or Open before moving down. A/D and $TICK start to move back up with some strength. Every indicator is still up or neutral. When price went back up through the Open after breaking the 33EMA, I wanted to get long, but carefully, because this could just be a tiny rotational day before Friday's non-farm payrolls.

Location 5
Momentum gets stretched out reaching for the gap fill of 3/2 close. There is a composite High Volume Node at 1362.50 and that's also 2X the First Hour Range. It's late in the day, though, so I should only use a partial position. Could enter at 62-62.50 with one position, then average in second if it makes it to 63. Wrong above 64.

Last Updated on March 8, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts