NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Renko in underwear

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one kmidas with 46 posts (5 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 sharky with 1 posts (2 thanks)
    1. trending_up 10,210 views
    2. thumb_up 7 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 48 posts
    2. attach_file 55 attachments

Search this Thread

Renko in underwear

kmidas
Greece

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 26

AUDUSD. This pair had failed me before but the PA looked promising so I thought I should reenter. The pair broke below the resistance @1.0637 with a big block but the next block brought it back. The 1.0700 is a place where price had flipped many times so I entered a pending order a bit higher. The logical point of next resistance is 1.0750 but I became a bit greedy and aimed for 1.0800. The price reached the original resistance and turned back again and again failed to stay low. Now it is moving towards 1.0800. After I applied my new 3 MAs I see that the SMA(10) is pointing downward. This is not so pretty sight but what the heck. I am already in this trade so no reason to change my mind now.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	audusd.bmp
Views:	239
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	63938  

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

kmidas
Greece

CADJPY. The SMAs are properly aligned and all pointing up. The price retraced up to 80.00 level and is bouncing back. I have placed a buy stop @80.1070 that will be activated after the green bar will be formed, if it will be formed.

I also entered a market order just in case price reaches my buy stop and fails. In that case I will minimize my losses. This second buy was more an impulse buy which I regret now but I hope that my friend the trend will bail me out.

Both of the orders have a stop @79.912.
The pending order has no TP, the market order has TP @80.1000

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cadjpy.png
Views:	234
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	63941  
kmidas
Greece

That market trade has hit the TP. +39 pips

The pending order has been activated. Now it is in a small loss of -32 pips. No worries yet but I am not happy either

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cadjpy.png
Views:	217
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	64056  
kmidas
Greece

AUDJPY is uptrending, reversed to the 86.00 level, stopped there and bounced back up.

Pending Buy @87.01
Stop Loss @85.51
No TP

Let's see how far is going to get us

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	audjpy.png
Views:	235
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	64065  
kmidas
Greece

EURNZD was in downtrend, consolidated, now it is turning bullish. The MAs are aligned properly but not far from each other. It retested the 1.6000 level and bounced back up. It also bounced away from that red trend line

Market buy @1.6079
Stop @1.5900
No TP

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	eurnzd.png
Views:	225
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	64068  
kmidas
Greece

TP got hit. +88 pips

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	audusd.png
Views:	246
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	64191  
kmidas
Greece

The trade failed. That is what you get by selling the stronger currency. Loss -179 pips.

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	220
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	64195  
kmidas
Greece

Another change in the plan. It seems that 50 pips blocks are too big to trade in daily. When loses happen they are bigger than 100 pips and when I decide to get out of the trade I have to leave on the table more than 100 pips. So I decided to reduce to half.

GBPUSD in uptrend, retraced to 1.59 and now it is bouncing back. That 1.59 level has acted before twice as resistance so now it is a good candidate for support.

According to the relative strength chart GBP is stronger than USD on the daily and the 4H.

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	234
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	64391   Click image for larger version

Name:	gbpusd.bmp
Views:	231
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	64392  
Thanked by:
kmidas
Greece

That GBPUSD trade failed. Loss -61 pips

I don't feel right with chasing moving averages on the renko bars. There is still way too much discretion involved without the added benefit of multiple time frames analysis or the ability to zoom out to see the bigger picture. For a guy forced to miss the London session, splitting my time between trading and family, trading with very thin capital on high leverage, trading a 24h market, I need a more mechanical way to pick my trades. I think I have a couple of ideas and I will do more visual check tomorrow. I will post more details tomorrow after I will do a better eyeballing on the past.

For now I still have the AUDJPY and CADJPY trades running and in green.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gbpusd.png
Views:	219
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	64603  
kmidas
Greece

I was watching and testing the charts the whole weekend. Unfortunately I didn't find a way to automate my trading. I still have to use discretion.

Maybe there is something that can bail me out in many occasions from bad trades. I noticed that in many occasions, when I enter a trade that goes bad, it goes really bad, and thank God for stop loss. What if I try to take advantage of it? What if I enter the original trade in the intended direction but put another counter order pending just on the opposite side of my stop loss and the TP the same number of pips as the original loss but this time in the original direction? Of course there will be times when the range will be so tight that I will end up with double the losses. But I expect generally more successes than failures with this strategy.

The entries will be mainly Breaches of a 5 Bars Donchian Channel, Pullbacks and bounces in trends when the moving averages are aligned and bounces from the support or resistance lines. Since the bounces will be happening mostly inside consolidation areas, they will be the only trades with TP. The trend following trades and the breakouts will have only a trailing stop of 60 pips which is twice the block size plus a security margin.

I didn't take any trades today. I didn't have the time to sit and watch any charts. Even my morning espresso I took it in the office. I only managed my two open trades.

Last Updated on March 30, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts