NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Renko in underwear

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one kmidas with 46 posts (5 thanks)
    2. looks_two sharky with 1 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 10,122 views
    2. thumb_up 7 thanks given
    3. group 2 followers
    1. forum 48 posts
    2. attach_file 55 attachments

Search this Thread

Renko in underwear

kmidas
Greece

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 26

No new trades today and probably no new trades tomorrow. I am preparing for a business trip tomorrow so no time to devote to charts.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
kmidas
Greece

Right now I am on a boat using a crappy Internet connection which resets all the time. I am posting for showing up.

Anyway I did a trade today before leaving in a hurry my house. I see now it is in a loss. I can't post more details today because I don't have metatrader in this computer. I will post tomorrow more details.

kmidas
Greece

EURAUD. I took this trade as I was leaving my house in a hurry yesterday morning. I took it mostly because there were two green bars after a red. Unfortunately it ended at a loss. The sadest thing is that not only it ended in a loss, I got stopped out to almost the last pip before it bounced back up. The 1.24 area looks like a good support so there is a possibility to go higher. Who knows maybe next week.

Long @ 1.24599
SL @1.23945
TP none

Loss -65 pips

Now my account is back to break even

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	euraud.gif
Views:	251
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	66739   Click image for larger version

Name:	euraud2.gif
Views:	242
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	66740   Click image for larger version

Name:	euraud30m.gif
Views:	225
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	66741  
kmidas
Greece

Unfortunately charting with renko bars a 24 hour market while at the same time joggling between work, sleep, family and trading is a very difficult task. I either have to use huge block sizes or miss many reversals during the day. Reversals that may provide opportunities to increase my account.

I finally managed to get my EA work. Starting this Monday I will test on a demo three different setups in three different accounts.

Setup nr.1 5 blocks Donchian breakout with trailing stop 10 pips below the first reversal bar
Setup nr.2 entry 2 blocks after a opposite color block trailed 10 beyond the first reversal bar
Setup nr.3 Entry at the sight of the first bar of the opposite color, exit at the sight of the first opposite color. This is a stop and reverse strategy that keeps us always in.

kmidas
Greece

GBCAD looks like it is bouncing from the 1.5650 level. That level has acted in the past as support and hopefully will support the price again. The moving averages are properly aligned so this is a pullback in uptrend.

buy 1.5705
sl 1.5647
tp 1.5800 where is the next resistance

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gbpcad.png
Views:	226
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	67027  
kmidas
Greece

One of my EA's is up and running. I have it running on all the pairs that I am following. Let's see how it will work during the next days.

kmidas
Greece

TP reached and got my profit +96 pips.

Today I got on line my second EA. So far the results are disheartening.

The setup Nr 2 running at the same time on all the pairs had the account at some point today on +4%. And it's only the second day. Now that account is on -0.6%.

The setup Nr 3 is now on its first day on line. I expect to be always in on the whole 28 pairs with this. So far it hasn't open positions on all the pairs but the account is on -0.7% already.

The margin requirements on following all the pairs are somehow big so maybe I will have to find a way to reduce the number of tradable pairs on any given time. But how will I know what to include and what to leave alone?

Tomorrow I will try to implement the DC breakout EA and put that on line also.

I know that trend trading is scary and I will pass most of my time on draw down but how do I know that I am following the correct path?

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gbpcad.gif
Views:	225
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	67149  
Thanked by:
kmidas
Greece

No more manual trades. I have been concerned with EA development. I don't know if I still qualify for this contest.

My EA trading seems to go well.

The 2 bars in one bar out strategy has given me yesterday a 15% draw down while today I sit on a +8% return on equity.

The one bar in one bar out strategy has given a 20.5% draw down. Today it was working it's way to recovery but it was very weak. I took it offline.

Today I got on line the third EA based on Donchian Channels of 5 days. I am curious to see how this is going to work out.

How long should I forward test before I can go live?

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Congratulations on your journal!

In the spirit of our March Trading Journal contest, I am asking everyone to spend a few minutes and share their journaling experience.

A) What are the top five benefits you have seen as a result of regularly posting in this journal?

B) What are the top five problem areas you have identified as a result of regularly posting in this journal?

C) Were you initially reluctant to start this trading journal? If yes, why?

D) How do you feel, overall, about your journaling experience?

E) Would you recommend to others that they should also start a trading journal?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I appreciate your posts, and I hope you have benefited from your journal. I also know that others will benefit as well, just by reading about your own experiences.

Enjoy your weekend,
Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on March 30, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts