NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GFIs1 with 4,747 posts (11,934 thanks)
    2. looks_two Symple with 89 posts (153 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ratfink with 83 posts (146 thanks)
    4. looks_4 CPRICE76 with 74 posts (30 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one GFIs1 with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two choke35 with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ratfink with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Symple with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 1,120,776 views
    2. thumb_up 13,668 thanks given
    3. group 262 followers
    1. forum 6,131 posts
    2. attach_file 431 attachments

Search this Thread

GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,196
Thanks Received: 15,594

Looking back and forth

Since the summer pause there was no negative trade. Very happy for this.
But worrying what the last quarter of the year has on its plate.

Things are getting a bit out of order as my system needs to be adjusted after nearly 10 years to the new 40 DAX base of members. From volatility, volume and stop loss settings.
There are many obstacles on the way as I do not know those companies in detail. Some were getting in out of nowhere - jumping into the light without any proof that they are long lasting and free of criminal background.
If my trading system needs a refresh or just some small adaptations is not clear yet.
We will see.

So my next weeks will be wading in shallow water to get a feeling of those new tides.

Happy weekend!

GFIs1

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
45 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
22 thanks
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Monday

New week - new beginning with the DAX40 - first experience:
• my data provider has problems to send prices (08:00), program doesn't work either but the 'status' means 'everything is fine...'
• the stock exchange in Stuttgart still shows 30 companies on their screens in the trading room - a reporter told live this morning that it is not clear how they will present 40 lines on their screens in the room ;D

Looking forward to the development this morning.
A real preparation for the day/week is impossible without live data.

8:15 - data is back , charting works
the data screen problem in Frankfurt seems not having been solved (they have fixed LED fields, not a big screen)

GFIs1

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Monday II

Asia partly green.
Hang Seng -4%: Hong Kong sees Evergrande diving today - fearing the worst!
btc - 3%

DAX pre cash diving too with a larger gap down. (8:20) with 15290

Opening of the new DAX40 cash 9:00 with 15282 - heading south after the gap down

GFIs1

Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Monday trade

There is a trade idea for the first trade on the DAX40:

DAX short 10:30 to 15:30**
entry @ 15166
exit @ 15061
result + 105 points

Let's see if the movement in the next hour (up) will happen or not.

Good trades
GFIs1

edit 10:25 - the pressure is strong on the DAX40 - a halt @ 9:30 was to be seen but 10:00 the short continued.
** So I am changing the end of the trade @15:00.
Some support is @ 15050 and the next stronger one @ 14815

edit 13:43 - looks like the above resistance will not hold - so looking for the sweet spot on second support

edit 14:03 - 15050 had been reached (important goal) but - some more down until 15:30 (see above) is highly probable

and most important - there is not much resistance @ hand right now. Means looking forward to 15:30...

Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

A NEW RULE for the GFIs1 system

As I often let a lot of points on the table with waiting for the IB 9/9:30 developing to see the direction - I need a possibilty to profit also on the IB:
Given some obvious pre cash signs I am putting up a new rule for taking a trade earlier than before, means from 9:00 on the beginning of the official trading hour.
Today such intention would have given a cushion of points in one trade that had been seen ahead.
So after some testing I will take a trade on the opening already when significant signs are flashing.
Above change will not change my exit times - but taking the rope to make more possible points by starting on IB already.
This rule will not being taken on every occasion but on the signals that are given before.
Stay tuned.

GFIs1

thanks for asking - this change is a revision since quite a time and has nothing to do with DAX40 nor today's trade. Instead it is a long time preview for better results.
In other words: If a trade is quite clearly to start on IB with given pressure or pushing from other indexes (means direction) then with some caution a earlier entry will be at hand.

GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

What influence had IB in points?

Today's trade gave a result of 105 points.
WITH IB of 106 points - that would have counted 201 points. (doubling the daily result)
Which of course doesn't have an effect on my gains today.
But for some future trades with IB taking from 9:00 - the gain might double as well.
As today's example shows.

This is the right path for upgrading the system on some special occasions.

GFIs1

Thanked by:
 Jaap8242 
Netherlands Amsterdam

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Charts
Broker: Infinity Futures
Trading: FGBL
Frequency: Every few months
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 141
Thanks Received: 104

GFIs1 View Post
A NEW RULE for the GFIs1 system

As I often let a lot of points on the table with waiting for the IB 9/9:30 developing to see the direction - I need a possibilty to profit also on the IB:
Given some obvious pre cash signs I am putting up a new rule for taking a trade earlier than before, means from 9:00 on the beginning of the official trading hour.
Today such intention would have given a cushion of points in one trade that had been seen ahead.
So after some testing I will take a trade on the opening already when significant signs are flashing.
Above change will not change my exit times - but taking the rope to make more possible points by starting on IB already.
This rule will not being taken on every occasion but on the signals that are given before.
Stay tuned.

GFIs1

thanks for asking - this change is a revision since quite a time and has nothing to do with DAX40 nor today's trade. Instead it is a long time preview for better results.
In other words: If a trade is quite clearly to start on IB with given pressure or pushing from other indexes (means direction) then with some caution a earlier entry will be at hand.

I always wondered why waiting till 09:30, when you see that the greatest volatility is between 08:00 and 09:00.
The Dax future is traded almost 24 hours a day, https://www.eurex.com/ex-en/markets/idx/dax/DAX-Futures-139902

Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Tuesday

Markets around the globe wrote yesterday red to deep red. This morning Asia closed with small red.
btc$ plummeted yesterday and today.
DAX pre cash back to lower part of yesterday's IB. Means back up after having built a "W" in the chart (30m/1h).

Outlook: Tomorrow FED decision in USA - markets might cash in parts of the gains before the announcement (20:00 European time).

GFIs1

edit 11:15 - seems that the "W" now has ended 11:00!

Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Jaap8242 View Post
I always wondered why waiting till 09:30, when you see that the greatest volatility is between 08:00 and 09:00.
The Dax future is traded almost 24 hours a day, https://www.eurex.com/ex-en/markets/idx/dax/DAX-Futures-139902

Well - the final battling at 9:00/9:30 is not included/proofed by the pre cash hour(s).
So that momentum may differ to the previous futures movements.
BUT:
On some strong moves in one direction we can 'foresee' the direction in some probability.
To be honest - the rules will not change much. Just on strong vola and big moves the IB after opening of the real market(s) we can take profit by starting already on 9:00.

Looking forward to the find the THIN line between the decision when to start the trade.

GFIs1

GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Wednesday - FED day

Asia mixed - very thin green and parts red.
btc$ made a reversal over night - not sure how long this holds.
FED interest decision 20:00 (CET) this evening.

DAX started on the top of the lower gap.
Reason: Evergrande China announced to pay the interests in CHINA tomorrow. BUT threats to do this not for interests in other countries are at hand.

Wednesday normally short. So?

edit 8:28 - pre cash closed the gap to Friday low. Price is now above 1h Kumo.

edit 10:03 - the gap to last Friday is officially closed on cash hours. Helps to see lower prices today.

GFIs1

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 19, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts