NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Blowing Up

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ReaM with 16 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two wldman with 4 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Gary with 2 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ThatManFromTexas with 2 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one kbit with 5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Fat Tails with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ThatManFromTexas with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 aligator with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 6,950 views
    2. thumb_up 26 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 34 posts
    2. attach_file 5 attachments

Search this Thread

Blowing Up

Jameson
Memphis, USA

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 23

ReaM View Post
hahaha I forgot about Rosenmontag. Are market closed on Monday? Well, starting on Tuesday is less cliche^^

And someone will have to explain me expiration, I don't want Heating Oil delivered to my door hahaha. What if on last trading day of the exp. month I have my position open?

As you see, I am prepared better than one could possible imagine

You should get a notification in advance. If you're still in that day, and it's a physical product, hopefully your broker will just close you out. That's what mine did once when I was holding natural gas and didn't know what day it was and hadn't bothered to check my email. I think my broker makes you get out a few days before the actual last day.

But just watch the volume. That'll tell you when to go to the next month.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,103

At least it is an interesting idea to start an audacious journey at one of the rare occasions, when President's Day and Rosenmontag fall at the same date. You should use that at your advantage.

Good luck !

Thanked by:

ThatManFromTexas 
Houston,Tx

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 1,206
Thanks Received: 4,355

wldman View Post
FX.

He said....

ReaM View Post
Hello,

starting Monday I will trade futures ......

aligator View Post
Holy mother nature, welcome back TMFT!!

It's a one day at a time kinda thang....

I'm just a simple man trading a simple plan.

My daddy always said, "Every day above ground is a good day!"
Thanked by:
ReaM
Los Angeles

Thanks Given: 97
Thanks Received: 112

aligator View Post
Whatever you trade, do not trade Live Hogs. If you forget the expiration date you might end up with 44,000 lbs of pigs in front of your door for each contract

Good luck!

hahaha! Thanks.

When is the best time to move on to the next month contract? Like one week before expiration? I'd love to know when the volume picks up in the new contract. I have no experience, so I really don't know the answer and google isn't much of a help either.

Thank you everyone! futures.io (formerly BMT) has a very pleasing people (unlike other forums)!

Cloudy 
desert CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, various
Broker: various, TDA
Trading: NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 2,396
Thanks Received: 1,748

Do you have your broker margin requirements all planned and mapped out? Assuming all goes well, at some points you'll have to periodically increase your number of contracts to your steadily increasing account. The curve will be limited. There won't be hardly any room for margin of error. Anyways, good luck.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
ReaM
Los Angeles

Nice, NinjaTrader does not work. I double click the icon and it does not start. I reinstalled it twice already. It is in the Task Manager, where I can close it and launch it again.

I installed on my laptop and it works over there, but I can't trade on a laptop.

Gary 
Near Dallas, Texas, US

Broker: ZenFire
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 503
Thanks Received: 2,239

ReaM View Post
Nice, NinjaTrader does not work. I double click the icon and it does not start. I reinstalled it twice already. It is in the Task Manager, where I can close it and launch it again.

I installed on my laptop and it works over there, but I can't trade on a laptop.

What OS are you using?

Do you have more than one monitor?

Does it show up on your taskbar anywhere?

Gary

As consistently profitable traders.. "We get paid to wait, and we wait to get paid."
Thanked by:

Gary 
Near Dallas, Texas, US

Broker: ZenFire
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 503
Thanks Received: 2,239

ReaM View Post
hahaha! Thanks.

When is the best time to move on to the next month contract? Like one week before expiration? I'd love to know when the volume picks up in the new contract. I have no experience, so I really don't know the answer and google isn't much of a help either.

Thank you everyone! futures.io (formerly BMT) has a very pleasing people (unlike other forums)!

What instrument and platform are you trading/using?

As consistently profitable traders.. "We get paid to wait, and we wait to get paid."
Thanked by:
ReaM
Los Angeles

Win7
ZenFire
Ninja
One monitor
all instruments
no, not in quick launch bar nor in notification area (where the clock is)

Ninja does not work at all. With MutliCharts, I have a green lamp up there but the DOM says connecting to broker. It does work with a demo account from OpenEcry, but not with my live account. I am pretty sure I did everything right.

I took out my old WinXP harddrive and installed Ninja there and it works. Unbelievable how much faster winxp is.

Another beginner Q: how do I see 10 instead of only 5 levels in the DOM? On demo with another broker (Bubl for example) there were 10.

Update: Ninja DOM freaks me out. It moves all the time even though price centering is turned off. I want to click at one price and I get another. TT was much better, I wish I could afford it.
Until now, four trades, all winners, but because of either Ninja or my knowledge of ninja, I am missing 4 ticks from my profits. I'll post a summary tonight.

Update2: Ok, now I know the difference between Dynamic and Static DOM. Who on Earth would use dynamic dom?

ReaM
Los Angeles

Made a 150 dollar mistake (traded wrong instrument, because mousewheel apparently can switch instruments. I entered EURUSD instead of Bonds and EU went like 13 ticks against me in an instant)
Switchted to MultiCharts DT, omg I love it.

I am up however, startet with $2695, the balance now $2750. So, let's consider 2750 as my starting balance, and I am off to my journey. Pic is just to show the balance.

I calculated, I need to average 3.1% per day to reach my goal by the end of the year. That's some crazy number. But numbers only look scary. In practice it should work.

Like the myth that loosing 50% you will have to earn 100% back. If, for example, your wins equal your losses 1:1 and risking 2% per trade, you, afer having lost 50% of your account after 35 losses in a row, will only need 36 wins to get it all back. So, numbers do lie.

In practice, it is not as scary.

Balance $2830.
I notice I can't live without X_Trader, so, when I have a chance to get one, I will. Velocity offers XT for one market only. I read many times about Zenfire being better for scalping than TT, can someone offer me an advice there?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	249
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	63315  

Last Updated on March 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts