NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Blowing Up

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ReaM with 16 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two wldman with 4 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Fat Tails with 2 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Cloudy with 2 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one kbit with 5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Fat Tails with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ThatManFromTexas with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 aligator with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 6,942 views
    2. thumb_up 26 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 34 posts
    2. attach_file 5 attachments

Search this Thread

Blowing Up

ReaM
Los Angeles

Thanks Given: 97
Thanks Received: 112

I trade those that are at important levels and that's not every day the case for each instrument.
I would agree, concentrating on one is best.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
33 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
28 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks
ReaM
Los Angeles

Somebody slap me for not taking 5 trades this early morning I simply can't "let it go"

Thanks Fat Tails for the info, yesterday I could observe a clear volume change from March to June and today, in March contract there are prices with empty cells in the DOM.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PL2.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	65426  
ReaM
Los Angeles

Can somebody slap me? Please! ^^

Well, today is the ladies day. We men have to give some of our profits to them.

I am a little less than 10 dollars in minus for today after four losses and one win. Computer died on me again during that win, I had to log in from a laptop and cut the win two ticks short, but that's alright.

I did not take I think 7 trades all of which would end up being wins, on some I was simply late (saw the opportunity too late, because I was doing some other stuff), some I did not take I thought they were dangerous trades, but this was not my plan (which was to take every trade).

I came across the following post from Mike and you can learn more from it than from most books. Exits define what you have in the end of the day:

ReaM
Los Angeles

Done for the week.

Very bad trading, far from what I planned. I entered a perfect trade and some nerve impulse had to tell me to chicken out only to see price move my way 6 ticks almost in an instant :/

Because of heavy news today, I only saw two trades, one of which I ruined. I don't like trading Friday afternoon, except there is some trend going on (now is quiet) and most instruments had their daily move already.

Yesterday +$15
Today + $120

So far, no loosing days since I started... That will change.

This weeks problems were all psychological. The only technical I had was my AMD Athlon 5000+ computer turning off on me during trades.
I don't know how many psychologists will read it, but if it is of any use:
-I am afraid to lose money, even though I meditate all day that money does not matter. I don't panic when a trade goes against me (I think I handle looser well), but I am more inclined to close profits early.
-When I am in plus for the day, I am more reluctant to taking more trades. Keep what you got bias^^.
-I have this other bias where I always think: "Had I not had those stupid mistkes during the first week, I would be more than twice as far ahead with my performance" and that thought holds me back. I lost a lot of money because of switching instruments and trading wrong stuff and because I fell asleep. Any remedies?
-I close winners early and I can't help it.
-I don't take all trades. This is the most serious issue.

One of my recent thoughts about: " You can't go broke taking profits": It sure does apply to systematic traders, but not to discretionary trading. While a discretionary one might go broke taking profits too early (like it could be the case with me because I close profits early and losses are already watching me...), a systematic assures himself going broke. A discretionary trader does not have to enter risky trades, while systematic has to take his signals. Since when that phrase came to existence not many systems existed, I think there is nothing wrong with it.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PL3.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	65823  
ReaM
Los Angeles

How do I modify the pending order qty in X_trader?

Last Updated on March 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts