NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Larry Levin's Secret of Traders (www.tradingadvantage.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one forgiven with 4 posts (2 thanks)
    2. looks_two kevinkdog with 3 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Pedro40 with 3 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 karentrader with 3 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Kujo with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two researcher247 with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 1.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 forgiven with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 28,799 views
    2. thumb_up 29 thanks given
    3. group 19 followers
    1. forum 33 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Larry Levin's Secret of Traders (www.tradingadvantage.com)

tradermark2009 
Concord, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Charts and NT7
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: Mini's and CL
Thanks Given: 975
Thanks Received: 276

The T2W thread was closed a long time ago. So hoping if anyone has any word on this now. Pro/Cons would be great.
Do they trade what they teach?
Are they decent traders?
the cost so far is about 3K for 3 months in a room, with Patrick calling trades. Then 4500 for a year.
Not a lot a money, but do they do what they say.
Pls. just actual ppl who have taken the course, not comments from ppl who haven't used it.
thanks

forgiven View Post
i have reviewed the material from my trading partner.... very basics of market profile with a few candle stick patterns ..not worth the time to read the material even if it was fee

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

tradermark2009 View Post
The T2W thread was closed a long time ago. So hoping if anyone has any word on this now. Pro/Cons would be great.
Do they trade what they teach?
Are they decent traders?
the cost so far is about 3K for 3 months in a room, with Patrick calling trades. Then 4500 for a year.
Not a lot a money, but do they do what they say.
Pls. just actual ppl who have taken the course, not comments from ppl who haven't used it.
thanks

i never seen a moderator that can trade ,i have seen quit a few. seek free weekly trail. the things to look for in a trade room is does the moderator show his dome and takes trades in real time. does he open and review longer time frame charts be for the trading day starts. monthly ,weekly, day. if not he is just playing trader. most are.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Kujo 
Boise, ID USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: oil
Thanks Given: 45
Thanks Received: 108

https://www.tradingschools.org/reviews/trading-advantage-with-larry-levine/

Thanked by:
 iq200 
London, UK

Platform: Ninjatrader, Tradestation
Broker: Kinetick, InteractiveBrokers
Trading: Equities, Futures
Thanks Given: 145
Thanks Received: 278

I'm not saying that Larry Levin is legit - I have no clue. However take what you read on Trading Schools with a pinch of salt. There are mostly people on that site with an axe to grind as they can't trade or simply can't be bothered to learn and just b*tch about every course or service. As an example Al Brooks has a very bad rating on there also.

Sent from my iPhone using futures.io

karentrader 
burlington, vt

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 85
Thanks Received: 394

I've never seen a trading site that *wasn't* run by a snake-oil salesman. The ones i've seen are not traders, but people looking to make a full-time income by promoting the idea of trading via courses, seminars, products, and the like. With that being said, trading schools site is a joke. ex-con who essentially blackmails marketers. asks them to provide their financial information to him as a 'proof of trading success' and if they don't comply, he posts that they are all fraudulent and don't trade.

Thanked by:
 dk27 
Europe

Platform: NT, IB
Broker: IQfeed, IB
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 223
Thanks Received: 144

If vendor claims making 1000% or whatever a year, everyone has to ask for evidence not only TradingSchools.

karentrader View Post
I've never seen a trading site that *wasn't* run by a snake-oil salesman. The ones i've seen are not traders, but people looking to make a full-time income by promoting the idea of trading via courses, seminars, products, and the like. With that being said, trading schools site is a joke. ex-con who essentially blackmails marketers. asks them to provide their financial information to him as a 'proof of trading success' and if they don't comply, he posts that they are all fraudulent and don't trade.

Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 379

karentrader View Post
blackmails marketers. asks them to provide their financial information to him as a 'proof of trading success' .

Yeah, he dares to ask for proof of outlandish claims. How dares he???

Now somebody who charges 5K for a course could easily run a small real account ready to be shared with possible costumers. Yet almost nobody does that, you might wonder why....

karentrader 
burlington, vt

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 85
Thanks Received: 394

Pedro40 View Post
Yeah, he dares to ask for proof of outlandish claims. How dares he???

Now somebody who charges 5K for a course could easily run a small real account ready to be shared with possible costumers. Yet almost nobody does that, you might wonder why....

I think you missed the whole first part of my post.

And yes. How dare he. He is a convicted fraudster who will then have access to sensitive, personal information. Legit or not, he loses all credibility if he states 'they won't comply to him'. If you received a random phone call from such a person asking for your broker statements or he'll publish a scathing review, what would you do? Personally I'd get his site shut down, but maybe that's just me.

Thanked by:
Pedro40
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 379

karentrader View Post
1. He is a convicted fraudster
2. If you received a random phone call from such a person asking for your broker statements

1. I guess you don't believe in redemption and 2nd chances. Also you are killing the messenger.

2. He is not a random person and if I were in the vendor business I would have a live track record to show.

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

karentrader View Post
I think you missed the whole first part of my post.

And yes. How dare he. He is a convicted fraudster who will then have access to sensitive, personal information. Legit or not, he loses all credibility if he states 'they won't comply to him'. If you received a random phone call from such a person asking for your broker statements or he'll publish a scathing review, what would you do? Personally I'd get his site shut down, but maybe that's just me.

he gives the people he reviews more of a chance than they give us. there are ways a broker can tell him the owner of a trading account can trade with out giving him the account number. brokers are not angles , they know 99 % of retail day trader fail , you do not think the idea of taking the other side of there trades ever crossed there minds. they also know where the stop locations are , no way they would gun for them .

Last Updated on April 29, 2018

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts